This Gen will be defined by RPG's

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Halo, Gears, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, BF4, BF:Hardline, COD Ghost, COD: Advanced Warfighter, Uncharted, TLOU, The Order, Rainbow 6: Siege, the failed games on PS3 like Socom, Mag, Resistance, I can keep going but I'm sure you get the picture
Gears, Sunset Overdrive, Uncharted, TLOU, The Order none of those games are first person shooters. actually the first person shooter genre has been suffering. Call of Duty sales have been declining too. people are slowly moving on to other styles of games that some of which while then involve shooting still aren't first person shooters.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Gears, Sunset Overdrive, Uncharted, TLOU, The Order none of those games are first person shooters. actually the first person shooter genre has been suffering. Call of Duty sales have been declining too. people are slowly moving on to other styles of games that some of which while then involve shooting still aren't first person shooters.
The POINT is he's acting like Action RPG's (not even real RPG's) are gonna define this gen
I'm calling bullshyt. And FPS or TPS.. same shyt :manny:

As for COD sales dropping off :usure:
I mean, all games sales took a dip recently but...
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-north-america-amid-overall-software-decline/
And COD finished 2nd overall behind GTA5 in total sales last year
http://www.examiner.com/article/gta...ts-sales-compared-to-prior-call-of-duty-games

But what do I know :mjpls:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been getting into adventure/exploration/visual novel games a lot more recently.

I would like to see Kojima go back and remake Snatcher and Policenauts

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Open-world gaming is gonna be the move in general. Or atleast games with massive worlds and crazy draw distances. If RPG's can take advantage of this and bring great stories/characters, then I agree with OP. Next-gen Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect, etc. are gonna have to bring all kinds of noise.

And i do believe indy gaming will see a greater surge in the coming years. Nothing crazy but they'll definitely carve more of their own space like they are now.
Agreed. I think open world in general will dominate next gen; and if action rpgs can keep capitalizing on open world, then they will dominate sales. I think there will be a sharp decline in FPS games this next gen, just because at the end of last gen they stopped getting creative.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
When your view of the world is limited, then you can say the shyt you yappin about.
But kind sir, FPS games been dominating since PS2/Xbox. All the games you guys ride for now on sony, came out on PS2 outside of a handful of games.

Halo, Gears, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, BF4, BF:Hardline, COD Ghost, COD: Advanced Warfighter, Uncharted, TLOU, The Order, Rainbow 6: Siege, the failed games on PS3 like Socom, Mag, Resistance, I can keep going but I'm sure you get the picture

Yes, RPG's are a nice genre. But I don't see it being how you envision. And The Witcher is not an RPG bruh :rudy:
Yeah, it has elements and people are too quick to call anything with "elements" as RPG

I grew up on RPG's, you don't hack n slash those monsters with full control. Thats not role playing
You not even playing, you fighting. Its not a game :ufdup:
Breh some of those games aren't FPS, they're action adventure games.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Witcher 3 is going to shut some shyt down! I'm a fan of the series since the first one on PCs. But I'm really looking forward to a new gen Fallout.

I see you're lannister set, you I value your opinion. :myman:

I really liked Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas, should I give the witcher 2 a run?>

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
We are forgetting the fact that the games just need to be fawking GOOD. The system doesn't matter. Everyone was talking about how the Zombie game/Survival horror game was dead, no one wanted to play Resident Evil any more and boom games likee Left 4 Dead and TLOU turn the genre on its ear and make loads of money. People were saying how the fighting game was dead at the start of the gen and look now, Evo is bigger than ever and we have at least 3 five star fighting games that people love.

If the right team wants to make a JRPG style game it doesn't matter if the numbers of that genre are low or not. Its gonna slap. No matter what when FF XV comes out its gonna sell. XIII was horrible and all its iterations. But i think that came from Square putting all the eggs in the Nova Crisallis, or whatever it was called, basket. With XIV 2.0 Square is seeing again that if THEY MAKE THE GAME GOOD PEOPLE WILL BUY IT, the names you can't live off of any more.

I have alot of faith in FF XV more than i did for XIII, mostly due to the fact that the failure of XIV the first time forced the company to think differently. If you wanna know why XV is taking so long just look at how much money they LOST with that hot garbage that was the first version of FF XIV.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That's because people in Japan don't care about console gaming as much. They're more into mobile and handheld gaming so the focus moved there. JRPGs are just a mostly dead genre anyway. They're one of the casualties of technology advancing and increasing game budgets.

Some indie developers are picking up the mantel but realistically outside Tales of and Final Fantasy large scale JRPGs are gone and will never come back.

Look at our development scene here. If a Game like Tomb Raider or Bioshock Infinite sells several million copies the publisher is grumbling it didn't meet expectations. If a JRPG reaches a million in sales these days that's impressive.
These companies being publically traded has a lot to do with it as well friend.

CAPCOM CO., LTD.
TYO: 9697 - Jun 30 3:00 PM JST
1,717.0012.00 (0.70%)

How is Capcoms stock worth more then microsofts. :wtf:

Capcom is worth 1.24 billion. Im surprised they're having trouble putting out games.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I see you're lannister set, you I value your opinion. :myman:

I really liked Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas, should I give the witcher 2 a run?>

Yeah go ahead and get on that Witcher 2. It's long as shyt tho.....And man..we had some serious family in-fighting this season..But the the Lannisters will survive. It's not like any of us got killed by a punk ass Stark or anything..Imagine the embarrassment getting killed by one of those losers. ...lol

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
She is heading to the other side of the earth. We ain't worried about that little girl.

that little girl got more heart than your entire inbred set...

king dead
pappy dead
cersei got her influence back
king slayer sniffin his fingers
tyrion on the lam

:russ:
you should worry....

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
that little girl got more heart than your entire inbred set...

king dead
pappy dead
cersei got her influence back
king slayer sniffin his fingers
tyrion on the lam

:russ:
you should worry....

And if you have been paying attention...She is the only Stark left..because she knew to run...ANY one of them Starks who fukked with the Lannisters has been dealt with..

1. Cripple pushed outta a window.
2. Ned- Head gone
3. Robb- Killed
4. Cat- Killed watching Robb get killed.
5. There was another son but he is wondering a tomb or something.
6. The b*stard is took the Black..
7. Sansa is going to be sucking LittleFinger's dikk until the end of time.

Seriously, the Lannisters may have took a loss or two but we are not near EXTINCTION. Like the Starks...lol