This corporate world isn't what it's hyped up to be

Boutdatlife

Shoe & music connoisseur
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The worst thing about working in an office is email slander. You can chop it up with someone all day probably even sit next to them. But a nikka will slander you in an email to your bosss asap.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
my degree was in Legal Studies, just graduated from law school... studying for the bar right now so I'm in there on a part time basis for the time being... I could've made six figures at a big firm in Miami, but I'll probably make around $80K for the next year or two... the dope thing is though, if I bring in a big case (we do some personal injury, wrongful death, slip and fall stuff), I'd see a big percentage of the settlement, so my salary isn't really capped

Good shyt. You winning all around :win:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of the meetings and having to dress business casual all the time gets old. Having to talk proper all day at work. I see guys down in the mail room and loading docks yelling and debating about sports and women as I walk by with some snudy whites and c00n blacks. :to:

They don't know I'm from the hood and I'm just like them. They think I'm a c00n too. I miss bullshytting and being a normal black dude. The money is good and you can get a nice car, crib and pull snudy boring career women, but the money isn't enough to put you in the upperclass, it's only enough to isolate yourself from the people most like you.

:yeshrug: What's young black man to do?

how about you shut the f*ck up, you idiot.

is this fool actually complaining about having a job which he is getting paid for? you really don't deserve that job or what you got.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It ain't really about 'going back to the hood' more than it is about working a job with people you actually like. I would say the people you are around make at least 70% of how much you will enjoy the job. If you have a micromanaging boss and are around job snitches, even an easy job is terrible... but difficult work can be fun if you are around laid-back cats who handle the job but don't let their job define them... aka corporate bots.

This that real shyt. I'm the only black dude at my job. The best months in the company were when we hired another black man in. Somebody I could talk shyt with, talk basketball, throw out a Martin reference and he'd get it. Being around people you relate to definitely makes it a lot easier to enjoy your job.

Now I work with a bunch of nerds. Only like 5-10 people in an office of 60 really follow sports. Only one other person even watches the NBA and their sense of humor is completely different from mine.

For the most part now I do keep to myself but I definitely miss being able to kick back and talk to somebody I related to. But like somebody said seeing that check at the end of the day makes it a little better.

And I'm definitely tired of all the meetings and the mindless small talk about shyt I could care less about.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I feel what you're saying but I can shoot the shyt outside of work. You're in the A/C, sitting on your ass on the internet and the heaviest thing you lift all day is probably a file folder. Plus you make good money. Do "hood" stuff after work.

But if it's THAT important to you UPS is hiring. :jawalrus:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It ain't really about 'going back to the hood' more than it is about working a job with people you actually like. I would say the people you are around make at least 70% of how much you will enjoy the job. If you have a micromanaging boss and are around job snitches, even an easy job is terrible... but difficult work can be fun if you are around laid-back cats who handle the job but don't let their job define them... aka corporate bots.

This is somebody that gets it. This guy Ram is talking nonsense and I'm not surprised because you've admitted before that you don't relate in any way to people who have humble upbringings. It also speaks to an extreme level of ignorance when people say that you should simply not talk to those people. If you're saying that, then you're probably not in a highly successful environment where moving up and getting work depends largely on office politics. You have to interact with those people. I have plenty of friends that are successful, and this time next year I may very well be in that "1%" but that doesn't mean that I'll develop into a cornball.

People in corporate environments are often boring, talk about trivial things like dogs and cats, gossip and look out for those who they like. What, you thought becoming a partner at a law firm was based just on doing good work? Who do you think assigns the work?

I don't want to hang out with "hood" people necessarily (still the funniest people on the planet). But people with personality, I'll be spending 60 hours a week with these people. We'll be on the same team. Quite frankly, the WASPy corporate world is devoid of that. That extends beyond race. If they were a bunch of white people like my boys from college who got good grades, but were as chill as I am, I'd be all for it. But it is what it is. There's a reason those jobs are hard to get.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man...you wanna trade jobs? ungrateful ass mothafukas...ill take your salary anyday b just say when

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
All of the meetings and having to dress business casual all the time gets old. Having to talk proper all day at work. I see guys down in the mail room and loading docks yelling and debating about sports and women as I walk by with some snudy whites and c00n blacks. :to:

They don't know I'm from the hood and I'm just like them. They think I'm a c00n too. I miss bullshytting and being a normal black dude. The money is good and you can get a nice car, crib and pull snudy boring career women, but the money isn't enough to put you in the upperclass, it's only enough to isolate yourself from the people most like you.

:yeshrug: What's young black man to do?

as I begin my corporate journey I averse the fact that I will follow this path. But it all depends on the firm. I would love to have one or 2 nikkas around me at work :( but meh

thats whaat weekends are for :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Ya do know given the Chance them mailroom nikkas would swap jobs with ya'll in a heartbeat. U think nikkas like distributing mail around the office with that same fake ass smile u be having in ya meetingz. At least ya getting paid breh. Man the fukk up! nikkas is in the streets jobless and yall complaining bout having good paying jobs:childplease: