This corporate world isn't what it's hyped up to be

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of the meetings and having to dress business casual all the time gets old. Having to talk proper all day at work. I see guys down in the mail room and loading docks yelling and debating about sports and women as I walk by with some snudy whites and c00n blacks. :to:

They don't know I'm from the hood and I'm just like them. They think I'm a c00n too. I miss bullshytting and being a normal black dude. The money is good and you can get a nice car, crib and pull snudy boring career women, but the money isn't enough to put you in the upperclass, it's only enough to isolate yourself from the people most like you.

:yeshrug: What's young black man to do?

Don't worry, man. Judging by your basic communication skills you won't be in the corporate world for much longer.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
I'm an Ivy Leaguer in finance and yes, I'm a borderline sociopath who pays for p*ssy. Believe it or not, this isn't very uncommon in my profession. I have several friends from a similar educational background in the same industry who do the same. In all honesty, finance either attracts natural alpha males, or insecure psychos like me who use money and prestige to get a leg up in life.

Interesting. What job do you perform for your firm? More importanly what is a six figure ivy league fianancer doing on the coli?

Aint this a lil too "low brow" for you?:comeon:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
This is why I like working for a company with a modern laidback culture... We have a rec room with a pool table, beer, wine, and arcade games.... My boss wore sandals into work today.... When we have clients onsite we have to dress more traditional though...

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
you don't think I say the same shyt to myself?

J_rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of the meetings and having to dress business casual all the time gets old. Having to talk proper all day at work. I see guys down in the mail room and loading docks yelling and debating about sports and women as I walk by with some snudy whites and c00n blacks. :to:

They don't know I'm from the hood and I'm just like them. They think I'm a c00n too. I miss bullshytting and being a normal black dude. The money is good and you can get a nice car, crib and pull snudy boring career women, but the money isn't enough to put you in the upperclass, it's only enough to isolate yourself from the people most like you.

Your mentality is wrong breh. You that nikka in that Chappelle skit, "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong." You wanna be in the mail room and down by loading docks making minimum wage so you can talk about sports and hoes :why: Working in corporate America does not make you a c00n. You just gotta be confident and comfortable with yourself to where you don't :stylin: like a minstrel when you around white people.

I gues you feel like you've sold out cause cats from your hood can't identify with you no more, but to me you're a success :yeshrug:. Not because you got a white collar job or because you work with white people, but because you overcame obstacles to create a better opportunity for yourself and your family. Even if you ain't making upperclass money, it's still better money than you'd probably be making given your background. fukk that hood shyt, being broke sucks.

Count your blessings mayne. You could be doing a lot worse.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Interesting. What job do you perform for your firm? More importanly what is a six figure ivy league fianancer doing on the coli?

Aint this a lil too "low brow" for you?:comeon:

I'm not going to go into specifics because I've already revealed too much on here, but no, the Coli isn't too "low brow" for me. I didn't grow up in money. My family is working class, so I have proletarian interests that I can't seem to shake off and obviously can't discuss with my peers on Wall Street because they'd look down on me.

I come here for my release, similar to what a lot of you guys do. Regardless, I don't yearn for a release so badly that I'd want to give up my Wall Street job to be a common "nikka." I didn't go through 4 years of tough education to do that, and I like the freedom money brings me.

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps

damn, this :deadrose:
but at the end of the day i like to think we're role-models for the youth, sure we arent millionaires (yet :youngsabo:) but its somethin to aspire to be..

or is it? :merchant:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
If you really from the hood, you will always have a need to smash hood chicks and do hood stuff period.

Man this nikka speakin on a real life dilemma. I ain't in the corporate world yet but I go to a very prestigeous school, and I gotta put on an act everyday and eventually the shyt start eating away at who I really am.

Sometimes I'll be in the small classes and slip up and reveal my true identity whenever my homeboys calls I be like "AYO, YEA.... WHATS HANNIN THO... YEA... IM COME OVER THERE... YALL nikkaS CRAZY THO MANE... YA THE HOOD BEEN FLAMIN...AIIGHT YO IMMA HOLLA I GOT CLASS DOG"

Then flip the script like nothing happened like "Yes it does appear that elasticity is an issue with regard to commodity prices in the third world, perhaps intervention is required in the global markets?" :why:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Your mentality is wrong breh. You that nikka in that Chappelle skit, "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong." You wanna be in the mail room and down by loading docks making minimum wage so you can talk about sports and hoes :why: Working in corporate America does not make you a c00n. You just gotta be confident and comfortable with yourself to where you don't :stylin: like a minstrel when you around white people.

I gues you feel like you've sold out cause cats from your hood can't identify with you no more, but to me you're a success :yeshrug:. Not because you got a white collar job or because you work with white people, but because you overcame obstacles to create a better opportunity for yourself and your family. Even if you ain't making upperclass money, it's still better money than you'd probably be making given your background. fukk that hood shyt, being broke sucks.

Count your blessings mayne. You could be doing a lot worse.

You obviously have no clue what the OP is talking about.

The dudes in the mailroom get through the day during their job being theirselves.

Me I got to fake laugh at corny jokes, small talk about their weekend where they talk 30 minutes about the fishing they did.

Think before I say anything and just keep my true feelings and thoughts to myself.

I have 0 in common with the people I work with. Last week it was a malnourished dog in the parking lot and my white female coworker came in Here crying because the dog was homeless an anorexic:snoop:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
You obviously have no clue what the OP is talking about.

The dudes in the mailroom get through the day during their job being theirselves.

Me I got to fake laugh at corny jokes, small talk about their weekend where they talk 30 minutes about the fishing they did.

Think before I say anything and just keep my true feelings and thoughts to myself.

I have 0 in common with the people I work with. Last week it was a malnourished dog in the parking lot and my white female coworker came in Here crying because the dog was homeless an anorexic:snoop:

I just had to listen to a story about a diabetic dog getting insulin shots.

In my head i'm like put that shyt to sleep.

Outside :ohhh: