Thinking about this gen so far overall, your thoughts?

Well?

• Gen is dope

• Gen is wack

• PS4 > XBOX

• XBOX > PS4

• Switch Set

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Is it just me or is it getting to the point where as we go from Gen to gen the games are less appealing, exciting and memorable?

My first PS3 game was GTA IV

My first PS4 game was Mafia 3

After beating them both its like i can recall the day i started playing Gta iv but Mafia 3 is ehh.

I guess the feeling of getting a PS4 was just :wow: to me.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
You just don't know much about gaming. Where do you get your gaming info from, here and neogaf?

This gen, Sony's pace of new ip's has slowed. They have been mediocre, and the continued ip's from previous gens have been more of the same. The indie games are never mentioned anymore (they never really cared) you take this gens Sony exclusives and apply then to the ps5 and you get...

Bloodborne
Nier
Nioh
Knack
Driveclub?

Is that really it :picard:

Xbox has indie games on super lock, its 1st party games from last gen have moved its respective genres forward. Halo 5 is the best halo ever made. Uncharted 4 is not the best uncharted. Gears 4 is the best Gears ever, Killzone was trash. Forza slowly but steadily improves with each iteration, not so for Gran Turismo. Forza Horizon recarved a lane that hasn't been popping like that since the SNES days when racing games focused on being fun.
New ip's has always been a knock on Microsoft, this gen they created...

Sunset overdrive
Ryse
Ori
Sea of thieves
Quantum Break
Killer instinct to a lesser degree
Cuphead

3rd parties been holding it down but even they are turning out new classics at a slower rate. We already know why and talked about it. Bigger budgeted games means less games and companies will take less chances because of the amount of money at stake.

Some people have ignored all that And proclaim we in the golden era of gaming :mjlol: it's all opinion but I only spoke facts...

:childplease:

You really trying right now. It is an objective fact that Sony has better exclusives than the Xbox. Bloodborne >>> than all those weak titles you listed as Xbox exclusives.

Quantum Break? :mjlol:

You also forgot Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted in your attempt to shyt on Sony. :camby:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
xbox being a huge disappointment almostt fukked this gen up
Microsoft was able to capitalize on Sony's bad start with the PS3. Seeing how the tide shifted towards the end of last gen I'm not surprised they are where are now. You can only go for so long with no Japanese presence and first and second party developers not dropping games at a frequent enough pace

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:childplease:

You really trying right now. It is an objective fact that Sony has better exclusives than the Xbox. Bloodborne >>> than all those weak titles you listed as Xbox exclusives.

Quantum Break? :mjlol:

You also forgot Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted in your attempt to shyt on Sony. :camby:
In your attempt to discredit my entire post, you became excited and overzealous, thus making your post irrelevant. Uncharted is NOT a new ip :ufdup:
I did forget horizon, I didn't think I wrote every single title, and I know you didn't complete the list either :rolleyes:
Bloodborne is not a game liked by most gamers. Neither is horizon, it's hyped up by Sony gamers as usual. I would call it the ps3's equivalent of Killzone 2 hype, but it's really more like metal gear solid 4 level. Something that is quickly surpassed, then you'll never mention it again as a graphical powerhouse :camby:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
does Switch even belong in this gen discussion yet?

I would assume we're still talking about

WiiU/3DS - PS4/Vita - Xbox One ? in which case

3DS and PS4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I've been pretty meh on this gen but it's not just because I've lost interest it's also because I don't really have the time anymore.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Slowest start for a gen due to publishers not having faith in the consoles but it's starting to get better now.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
In your attempt to discredit my entire post, you became excited and overzealous, thus making your post irrelevant. Uncharted is NOT a new ip :ufdup:
I did forget horizon, I didn't think I wrote every single title, and I know you didn't complete the list either :rolleyes:
Bloodborne is not a game liked by most gamers. Neither is horizon, it's hyped up by Sony gamers as usual. I would call it the ps3's equivalent of Killzone 2 hype, but it's really more like metal gear solid 4 level. Something that is quickly surpassed, then you'll never mention it again as a graphical powerhouse :camby:

:dahell:

Reread that and ponder over it. And the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodborne series have always held a cult-like following. Many people are awaiting Bloodborne 2.

Not to mention, Bloodborne is a bigger seller than all of the games you listed. Quantum Break didn't even hit 1M units sold when you combine both PC and Xbox sales figures; it was a literal flop. :mjlol:

Bloodborne sold nearly 3 million units. No new IP of the Xbox has come close to that number, and the only Xbox exclusive titles that outsold it were Halo.

Even Horizon Zero Dawn outsold those low-quality IPs you listed. :mjlol:

:russ:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:scust:Decided to tap out of the console game and never come back. XBone gave me more issues that most, the new consoles are just a CPU/Ram upgrade, and all of this anti customer shyt just rubbing me off the wrong way.

I'll stick with the pretentious ass PC community :snoop:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:dahell:

Reread that and ponder over it. And the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodborne series have always held a cult-like following. Many people are awaiting Bloodborne 2.

Not to mention, Bloodborne is a bigger seller than all of the games you listed. Quantum Break didn't even hit 1M units sold when you combine both PC and Xbox sales figures; it was a literal flop. :mjlol:

Bloodborne sold nearly 3 million units. No new IP of the Xbox has come close to that number, and the only Xbox exclusive titles that outsold it were Halo.

Even Horizon Zero Dawn outsold those low-quality IPs you listed. :mjlol:

:russ:
And Wii sports is the biggest selling game of all time :francis: the point is you can't go only off sales to determine a games popularity. There is context, things like hype exist. You ever play Killzone? :sas1: Do you still play Killzone :sas2: Yes, context, when was the last time a Sony fanboy judged games sold while taking into account since ps4 has apparently outsold Xbox 2.5 to 1, that means games would need to outsell Xbox games by the same margin to accurately approximate how popular a game really is :ufdup:

I mean, if you wanna keep shyt 100. As for Bloodborne, you tried. But that is a game that came when there was nothing else to play, and the internet hypenitus created an influx of numbers that will not be sustained. Why? Because it's not reinventing the wheel. Its a souls clone that is ONLY as popular as it is because it's exclusive. Not because it's that great of a game. Xbox One X, November 7th :win: