Thinking about this gen so far overall, your thoughts?

Well?

• Gen is dope

• Gen is wack

• PS4 > XBOX

• XBOX > PS4

• Switch Set

Results are only viewable after voting.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It seems like there are a few disgruntled with this generation out here. We are about 4 years into this generation how do we feel about this gen so far as a whole? @The Fukin Prophecy and @Dominic Brehetto are the posts that I saw that inspired this thread.

I think it's actually a pretty solid gen despite one company dominating the competition. I think the real thing to consider here is that last gen was one of the GREATEST of all. Seriously, from a gaming standpoint when you look at the titles...the PS3/XBOX 360 gen stacks up well against all other periods in gaming.

The notable things missing from this gen IMO are:

Fight Night - This is inexcusable from EA. Those UFC games are wack. I have tried them all. Just gets stale after a while.

Splinter Cell - GOAT stealth series :ufdup:

No epic WWII game outside of COD which is just generic dudebro FPS gaming that I can remember.

A good racing alternative to Forza. Gran Turismo in 2017 :mjlol:

Rockstar riding with the easy GTA money the whole gen waiting to dip their hand when the userbase is at damn near max and the inevitable triple dip old gen-pc-new gen combo :lolbron:

There have also been some letdowns for me...

Fallout 4 - Felt like Fallout 3.5.

Mass Effect Andromeda - EA :snoop:

Indies seem to have taken a step back on the consoles this gen as well. No Hotline Miami type of vibe I am getting from all that I have played.

XBOX first party titles, what the fukk was Microsoft thinking with their roadmap :what:

There have been some positives though...

The Switch has been a pleasant surprise...even if I don't play on it. Hopefully 2K18 plays well on there.

HITMAN BACK :win:

PlayStation Network is much better than it was last gen. Still not saving CC info on there though :ufdup:

The overall usefulness of these systems. The XBOX ONE S/X are the GOAT media hubs and it's really not close. @Ciggavelli knows what I am talking about. I still feel like a BOSS walking into my place saying XBOX ON and my whole shyt turning up ready to go :blessed:

Overall I am pretty satisfied as I have transitioned into a casual :manny:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's had an outstanding 2017 but it's still easily the worst modern gen.

The first ~3 years of this gen were absolute ass. Had people in strong denial propping up garbage ass games like dragon age inquisition.

Hopefully 2018 is as strong as 2017.

2017 has saved this gen for me from being a complete waste of time.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It's had an outstanding 2017 but it's still easily the worst modern gen.

The first ~3 years of this gen were absolute ass. Had people in strong denial propping up garbage ass games like dragon age inquisition.

Hopefully 2018 is as strong as 2017.

2017 has saved this gen for me from being a complete waste of time.
Titanfall 2 saved 2016 :blessed:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Graphics and loading times are a disappoinment. I was hoping the Xbox One X came with a SSD.

Halo 5 is dope AF.

Forza Horizon dope AF

:pacspit:Capcom for making Street Fighter V a PlayStation's exclusive.

:pacspit:For Honor

:pacspit: Halo Master Chief Collection online play

:dahell:no Wireless headset for Xbox?

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Gamers are the co op from the wire
Game developers are Omar
This whole gen they have been reselling us our own shyt

They started with the remakes from last gen and now they have gone as to remake all of this gens systems

Its not a wii u its a switch
its not an xbox one its an xbox one x
Its not a ps4 its a ps4 pro

This gen is straight up bullshyt

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It seems like there are a few disgruntled with this generation out here. We are about 4 years into this generation how do we feel about this gen so far as a whole? @The Fukin Prophecy and @Dominic Brehetto are the posts that I saw that inspired this thread.

I think it's actually a pretty solid gen despite one company dominating the competition. I think the real thing to consider here is that last gen was one of the GREATEST of all. Seriously, from a gaming standpoint when you look at the titles...the PS3/XBOX 360 gen stacks up well against all other periods in gaming.

The notable things missing from this gen IMO are:

There have also been some letdowns for me...

There have been some positives though...

Overall I am pretty satisfied as I have transitioned into a casual :manny:
You just don't know much about gaming. Where do you get your gaming info from, here and neogaf?

I was just thinking to myself Xbox has at least 3games that are better but similar to hotline Miami. With one game just coming out the other day. Nobody, I repeat, nobody here consistently checks for all games. I peep the coming soon, the new releases, all that. When will nikkaz get on Tokyo22? When they are told to check it :snoop:

There are more indie games, and better indie games today than previous gens. They don't always start off as cheap as they once did on the360. But even those dollar games still exist. You have to be part of the Xbox creators program to access them. They not prominent today because the indie games that have a slightly higher budget are so plentiful

What has failed this gen is the main studios. The 1st party and to a lesser extent 3rd party. That's why Nintendo looks like a good choice at the moment but..I know you know how that will play out :francis:

The ps2 had so many exclusives, last gen companies went multiplat but first parties still cranked out new ip's.

This gen, Sony's pace of new ip's has slowed. They have been mediocre, and the continued ip's from previous gens have been more of the same. The indie games are never mentioned anymore (they never really cared) you take this gens Sony exclusives and apply then to the ps5 and you get...

Bloodborne
Nier
Nioh
Knack
Driveclub?

Is that really it :picard:

Xbox has indie games on super lock, its 1st party games from last gen have moved its respective genres forward. Halo 5 is the best halo ever made. Uncharted 4 is not the best uncharted. Gears 4 is the best Gears ever, Killzone was trash. Forza slowly but steadily improves with each iteration, not so for Gran Turismo. Forza Horizon recarved a lane that hasn't been popping like that since the SNES days when racing games focused on being fun.
New ip's has always been a knock on Microsoft, this gen they created...

Sunset overdrive
Ryse
Ori
Sea of thieves
Quantum Break
Killer instinct to a lesser degree
Cuphead

3rd parties been holding it down but even they are turning out new classics at a slower rate. We already know why and talked about it. Bigger budgeted games means less games and companies will take less chances because of the amount of money at stake.

Some people have ignored all that And proclaim we in the golden era of gaming :mjlol: it's all opinion but I only spoke facts...

Xbox One X

the kufi smacker
Daps
Reppin
Colifarnia
I'd say the 16bit era was the peak. Next gens were cool but it became more about the visuals then gameplay as opposed to gameplay then visuals :francis:
Ima One x... ur a 4 PRO
IM smarter, stronger and greater than u dawg. :wow: