Things you RESENT your family for...

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Now, that I'm 29 I'm really just starting to see the faults of my family. I love em, but I realize where they phucked up horribly.

My dad is Nigerian and my mom is West Indian and they moved to the states in the 70s. We grew up in an affluent lily white suburb in Pittsburgh (where I'm from originally). They couldn't relate (or I guess...didn't want to) to African Americans and really kept their circle to just close family and friends. And it really just seemed like they wanted US (as in me and my siblings) to only associate with people they considered "acceptable" (really only white people and other africans/west indians). After meeting so many awesome Black Americans in my life, I really kind of f*cking hate them for trying to push this backwards isolationist/elitist/cultural bullshyt on our family.

My parents worried about my siblings to the point they were so overprotective of us. It ruined my older sister, but I just rebelled from the time I was younger to...well now..lol. I would buy hip-hop, punk, rock, metal cassettes growing up in the 90s and my mom would go into my room and throw them out. Anytime I would want to do something they didn't approve, they would try to find a way to make sure I didn't do it...but I did it anyways.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
My mother was phenomenal, but I wish she wouldn't have talked so much shyt about my Dad. Sure he wasn't perfect, but I don't think its right for one member of a marriage to constantly talk shyt about the other to the child. I love my mother to death, but she taught me a lot of lessons about the true nature of women :ehh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
My mother was phenomenal, but I wish she wouldn't have talked so much shyt about my Dad. Sure he wasn't perfect, but I don't think its right for one member of a marriage to constantly talk shyt about the other to the child. I love my mother to death, but she taught me a lot of lessons about the true nature of women :ehh:

That type of fukked up shyt I hate. My mother did the same thing, shut me out of my Dad's life until he died. It ruined me.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
My family gave us everything we wanted, but they never instilled a principle of hard work into us.

I worked my ass off through high school through college cause I knew I had to get away from them if I ever wanted to live my own life.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was about to make this thread when I got off work.

I hate my family for being poor as shyt and doing nothing about it, then deciding to have kids. Then for not having a single respectable male figure in anyone's life in my family. All I got is women everywhere, and nikkas in and out of jail. nikkas gave me no fukking chance to make shyt of myself. I'm out here every God damn day trying to become better than everyone before, while still picking up the fukking pieces and crumbs of this bullshyt left behind.
Everybody leaning on me like I'm the fukking messiah.
This why I don't want kids.
This why I don't respect no one who had ANYTHING handed to them. All you silver spoon nikkas can eat a dikk.
This why I ALWAYS give what I can to ANY bum on the street, or any man selling flowers or newspapers or little kids that come up to me selling candy. I don't eat the shyt, but I love you, I will buy it. This why I live by the phrase someone always has it worse.

I remember always being told we couldn't afford it... Can't afford it. Kids got new bikes and video games and they scrounging threw the closet looking for old clothes to hand me.

I can go on forever. I remember lights being off in my crib and sleeping at other people's houses for a bit. Running extension cord out the windows to the nearest outlet.
No food in the crib for weeks. Eating ramekins noodles three times a day.
Told me if I got good grades in school I would be rewarded :stopitslime: never believed them

fukk that shyt.

RawlDough

Pro
Daps
I resent my family because they don't consider you family unless you have some kind of status. They constantly ride a high horse and even had the nerve to ask me how the fukk I was even in the family at my grandfather's wedding. They had nothing to do with my aunt but once she passed the bar next thing I know they were all over facebook buddy buddy'd up. Because of this divide I don't really know any of em smh.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
My pops being a gangbanger in the 70's & 80's really set the course for a lot of fukked up shyt that followed. Coke use, alcoholism, physical abuse, going in and out of jail, having to move a few times becuz people would be getting shot or shot at. If he was able to just chill on all that shyt and take care of his family, my mama wouldn't have had to sale crack and do all the foul shyt she did just to keep a roof over our head. He finally got clean by the time I turned 16, and tried to make up for the past. By that time, I was already in the streets doing my thing, following after my brother who was following after pops.

HugLife

Flabby and Healthy
Daps
I resent them for bringing me into this fukked up, god awful, lovely world of hedonism and pain

:to: And :banderas:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

I hate my family for being poor as shyt and doing nothing about it, then deciding to have kids. Then for not having a single respectable male figure in anyone's life in my family. All I got is women everywhere, and nikkas in and out of jail. nikkas gave me no fukking chance to make shyt of myself. I'm out here every God damn day trying to become better than everyone before, while still picking up the fukking pieces and crumbs of this bullshyt left behind.
This why I don't respect no one who had ANYTHING handed to them. All you silver spoon nikkas can eat a dikk.
This why I ALWAYS give what I can to ANY bum on the street, or any man selling flowers or newspapers or little kids that come up to me selling candy. I don't eat the shyt, but I love you, I will buy it. This why I live by the phrase someone always has it worse.

I remember always being told we couldn't afford it... Can't afford it. Kids got new bikes and video games and they scrounging threw the closet looking for old clothes to hand me.

I can go on forever. I remember lights being off in my crib and sleeping at other people's houses for a bit. Running extension cord out the windows to the nearest outlet.
Told me if I got good grades in school I would be rewarded :stopitslime: never believed them

fukk that shyt.

:whew:

LordFendiMane

Banned
Daps
I think my parents shouldn't have had me when they were 14 but I didn't suffer too much. I did have a little too much freedom coming up and my mom spoiled me so I'm hella stubborn to my detriment at all times.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps

fukk that shyt.

might as well dead the thread after this :wow::wow:

Obsession

Born Greatest
Daps
I hate the fact that my parents had kids. My dad is German and Italian, my mom is native American and African. They divorced while my mom was pregnant and argued everyday because she was a bum. I was raised by my dad and step mom with a racist grandfather who never claimed me and never let me come over his house. When he died he left things for everyone but me and my brothers

Daps
Where do I start?

Edit: I mean it's not a long list but it created the person I am today.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
My parents are wonderful
and did so much for me

the only thing that they fukked up with is:

from 2nd thru 8th grade they forced me to go to a mostly white school because they thought that it was better than the other ones

-they grew up thru segregation and thought that the school was the answer

- that school was a living hell
-I faced pure racism everyday
-I had to catch a bus at 5 am to switch buses at another school just to get there by 8am
-my 1st day i got jumped by 5 white dudes(luckily I was bigger than anyone in the school, so i whooped their ass)
- I was the only black male in my grade and all the racism was aimed at me
-they would post signs onthe water fountain saying "whites only"
-once 8 white dudes got together during art class and made their own Klu Klux Klan outfits and marched around me during recess with signs saying "****** Go Home"
- Even some of my teachers were racist, One, Ms. McKenzie, was the worst- during Black History month this bytch would play all the fukked up movies about the civil rights era or slavery and crack jokes.
-She would say "if you are uncomfortable watching this you can go to the library" the one black chick in my class would leave and some of the non-racist white kids would but I stayed to show that I wasnt running from shyt
-When she played "Roots" she would rewind it and say"let's watch them go back to Africa"

I use to go home and beg my parents to take me out that school but my mom refused
- i use to dream about shooting up the school
- I prolly would if my pops owned a handgun(all he had was a million shotguns so no way to sneak it on the bus)

-the funny thing tho was all the white girls loved me, they would sneak notes to me and get me to meet them in the gym and mess around
- the first time i got my dikk sucked was by this white girl Patrica when I was 12 in this deep ass ditch at school
-The white broads would ask me how did i get my legs to be so much thicker than the white boys and how did i get my hair to be curly

-My grades were better than most and I was in the gifted program and the same racist ass cacs would ask me to help them cheat on test, I was like gtfoh cracker
- i had to fight a cac everyday at school, then i would beat their ass , it was almost like they had a black male fetish for abuse

there were more black kids in the other grades but for some reason my class only had 1 black male and one black female

- i spoke perfect grammar back then becasue i wanted to show that i was better than them hicks
- they would go to the other black kids and say "Marcus, say Shrimp" Marcus would pronounce Shirmp like "Skrimp" and they would laugh
-they would go up to Cheryl and say "Cheryl say Oil" and she would pronounce it "Earl" and they would chuckle it up

after awhile they would try to be cool with me and say fukked up shyt like "Caucer, you are cool, you are not like the other black people, you make good grades and dress nice:upsetfavre:

alot of the white dudes were 2 yrs older than me because they kept failing grades, yet they would pop shyt

===============
after 8th grade I went to a 99.9% black high school and played football and enjoyed life