Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
One of the guys Marlo was based off, Marlow Bates, just got released from prison. (Marlo Stanfield character was a combination of Marlow Bates and his half brother Timmirror Stanfield)

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Here I am doing a rewatch of season 2 :beli: don’t ask me why. It’s the small things that make this show great. Stringer making a claim to change the name of the product

The first scene of the episode 6. They show Omar before he testifies.

Talking to the cop about the name and how mars and ares. Same guy with a different name. Can maybe fool a cop or a fiend. Omar see string as bad for business while some people could see him as good for business. Prop Joe see him as good cause he moves into his territory. Same guy different name.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
The Wire has always been filled with symbolism. That can be a thread of it's own.

1:20

This is symbolic and foreshadowing of Carcetti.

He pours the last cup of coffee for himself and leaves the pot empty (until Kima called him out on it)

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The Wire has always been filled with symbolism. That can be a thread of it's own.

1:20

This is symbolic and foreshadowing of Carcetti.

He pours the last cup of coffee for himself and leaves the empty pot (until Kima called him out on it)

And for Kima... Who will always call you out (snitch) regardless

She GOOD police