smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
-A Martin Luther King jr picture in nearly every Black persons home

-Black women didnt have tats all over their bodys

-Black music wasn't filled with profanity

-Having Food stamps was embarressing

-There was a shame factor towards anyone acting ghetto ( ratchet )

-There wasn't an over abundance of gay/bi Black woman and being in the closet and "suspect" was more the norm

-There wasn't much kosher/Halal varietys and pork was everywhere

-You were really looked at as an outcast or loser if u smoked weed on the regular

- It was looked down on being associated with gangs or being a drug dealer

-It was looked down on if a Black woman openly acted sleezy (but it was still cool in the underworld or behind closed doors)

-We thought Michael Jackson was into grown men.

-White Jesus was more accepted and there was more of a push to go to church on Sundays. White Jesus was also in a lot of Black homes.

-hitting kids to the point of abuse was normal and sometimes people who weren't your parents could put hands on a kid.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I call bullshyt on the weed and Gang ones.

Then u obviously weren't around in the 80's.

Hell, the whole country was anti drug use in the 80's. From TV shows, to commercials. Even rap music kept weed smoking in the underground. In the documentary Game Over , Pretty Lou breaks down how in the 80's rappers were anti drug dealer. Why do u think Tim Dog said "All that gang shyt is for dumb mother fukkers" in 1991?Because NYC was so far from that. Why do u think gang affiliated rappers like Eazy E and DJ Quik weren't flagging in their music when they got on? Why do u think a bunch of Cali rappers did the video "all in the same gang?" From Black shows like Good Times to Different Strokes to The Cosby Show.....They all had specific episodes that looked down on joining gangs and smoking weed.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

Hell, the whole country was anti drug use in the 80's. From TV shows, to commercials. Even rap music kept weed smoking in the underground. In the documentary Game Over , Pretty Lou breaks down how in the 80's rappers were anti drug dealer. Why do u think Tim Dog said "All that gang shyt is for dumb mother fukkers" in 1991?Because NYC was so far from that. Why do u think gang affiliated rappers like Eazy E and DJ Quik weren't flagging in their music when they got on? Why do u think a bunch of Cali rappers did the video "all in the same gang?"
"Don't smoke buddha,can't stand cess"

"I don't smoke weed or cess,cause it's known to give a brotha brain damage"....

Contrast to now where rappers don't openly share they don't smoke...and in fact it's seen as weird when they don't...

I remember when Drake didn't want to smoke on camera and brehs were:mjpls:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"Don't smoke buddha,can't stand cess"

"I don't smoke weed or cess,cause it's known to give a brotha brain damage"....

Contrast to now where rappers don't openly share they don't smoke...and in fact it's seen as weird when they don't...

I remember when Drake didn't want to smoke on camera and brehs were:mjpls:

LL Cool J opens up the "Bad" video on some anti drug shyt. Mind you, LL was the most popular rapper solo when thisa dropped.

In the 80's this was the most promoted drug. cheap ass beer.

220px-Olde-english.jpg

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

Hell, the whole country was anti drug use in the 80's. From TV shows, to commercials. Even rap music kept weed smoking in the underground. In the documentary Game Over , Pretty Lou breaks down how in the 80's rappers were anti drug dealer. Why do u think Tim Dog said "All that gang shyt is for dumb mother fukkers" in 1991?Because NYC was so far from that. Why do u think gang affiliated rappers like Eazy E and DJ Quik weren't flagging in their music when they got on? Why do u think a bunch of Cali rappers did the video "all in the same gang?" From Black shows like Good Times to Different Strokes to The Cosby Show.....They all had specific episodes that looked down on joining gangs and smoking weed.
Wasn't this also the time period of Hippies tripping balls on LSD , Cheech and Chong, Mfs doing Blow like it was no tomorrow , the crack epidemic and all that

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Wasn't this also the time period of Hippies tripping balls on LSD , Cheech and Chong, Mfs doing Blow like it was no tomorrow , the crack epidemic and all that
Maybe someone who was alive during that era can confirm this but I don't think LSD and Cheech and Chong were ever big in the black communities.