They're calling colonization "gentrification" now: Brazil favelas In Rio

Alaafin

#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City
:wtf:
what happened to the war that was going on between the police and the gangs?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I'm sure they got security like you wouldn't believe, if white people can roam around freely at night in south LA(usc) than anything is possible.

@Cole Cash @Type Username Here @Malta

Yeah, leading up to the World Cup and Olympics they have been "pacifying" the favelas, basically Bope kill squads go in and fukk shyt up.

They are moving poor people out of the cities, and crime is starting to spike in smaller cities where they don't give a fukk about what happens.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
if you don't use what you have
some one will come along and take it:yeshrug:*
did you read the article, they overprice them(jacking up the rent so only wealthy ppl could only afford it) this is brazil nikka . the government/police 'pacification' proceess. letting cac's take the shyt and speak down on the citizens

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Yeah, leading up to the World Cup and Olympics they have been "pacifying" the favelas, basically Bope kill squads go in and fukk shyt up.

They are moving poor people out of the cities, and crime is starting to spike in smaller cities where they don't give a fukk about what happens.
Crazy that's like Palmdale and Lancaster in SoCal :dwillhuh:

And let me guess the majority of the people being moved are of color...

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
The favelas got those views tho :ohlawd:

This has been coming for a long time. I expect it to all be luxury housing in 20 years.
I can see Rio being a world class destination spot more than it is already is now.

However, it's terrible for the poor Brazilians.