They're bullying consumers into tipping more now

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bu bu but don't eat out if you can't afford to tip :sadcam:

Dumb ass fukking culture.
Bruh :childplease: intentionally conflate two different things. You go to a sit-down knowing the workers live off of tips and then be cheap, thats on you. Its bozo behavior.

Being asked to tip at checkout kiosks where no one did anything tip-worthy is completely new and completely different. I too roll my eyes when a coffee shop asks me to tip because I was handed a muffin from behind the counter. I don’t go to full-service restaurants and act like they aren’t working harder than the barista just so I can feel justified in not tipping them.

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only time i really eat out is in a restaurant and I don't feel like I'm being pressured into leaving a tip there so

i do my own shopping, don't eat fast food and when i do i just pay at the window without an app where nobody prompts me for a tip. i don't use delivery apps. my wife does use apps sometimes and that tip is on her.

:yeshrug:

i wonder if this shyt is more prevalent outside of california tho. here they pay people better wages, even people working in restaurants make minimum wage before their tips, which i know isn't a thing in red states.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
This is why i wish we were like most of the world when it comes to this. No tips but people get paid a living wage instead. If you can not afford to pay your employees a decent wage without other people footing the bill, then go out of business.

Any company doing it for bullshyt reasons as well (self-checkout, take out orders, etc...) need to get all the smoke as well