They shutting down freeways in Oakland with protests right now

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
Gangs go back to about the 1920s in LA, a lot of the modern LA gangbanger that you know of today was Mexican inspired in terms of the style which is part of what differentiates it from Chicago gang culture. It was car clubs from the 30s to the 50s, gangs like the Businessmen, the Gladiators, the Slausons, and the Devil Hunters(Wonder why they called themselves that...:youngsabo:) were big and by the 60s the Panthers pretty much took the lane till they were dismantled and from the ruins of that as well as the economic ruins of the times the Baby Cribs(to later be known as the Crips) were born in an attempt to fill the void and continue protecting the community from police profiling and brutality but the immediate need for funds took them into crime, their numbers and aggressiveness spawned the alliance on Piru St that created the Bloods.

thanks for the info; a friend of mine from Richmond says a lot of the history with mexican gangs goes back to prison and current as well but I'm going to do my own research too. I watched a couple documentaries too but never actually studied it for real.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
thanks for the info; a friend of mine from Richmond says a lot of the history with mexican gangs goes back to prison and current as well but I'm going to do my own research too. I watched a couple documentaries too but never actually studied it for real.

I wrote a term paper about the subject cuz I thought it was interesting. LA gangs used to be on some race war shyt in the 50s but it was white vs black (Hence the "Devil Hunters", which was a response to the "Spook Hunters"), if they had the arsenals nikkaz got now shyt woulda been deadly.

But yeah you should research it some its real interesting, Chicago gangs are too. Not enough people know about the CVLs and Bobby Gore. What they did in the community Woodlawn on the West Side was remarkable.

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
I wrote a term paper about the subject cuz I thought it was interesting. LA gangs used to be on some race war shyt in the 50s but it was white vs black (Hence the "Devil Hunters", which was a response to the "Spook Hunters"), if they had the arsenals nikkaz got now shyt woulda been deadly.

But yeah you should research it some its real interesting, Chicago gangs are too. Not enough people know about the CVLs and Bobby Gore. What they did in the community Woodlawn on the West Side was remarkable.

well for now maybe we can start a thread on it another day and i'm sure others can drop their knowledge and experiences too

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i wish black people would stop protesting and marching whenever there's injustices like this. it makes blacks look weak. these racist idiots will just laugh at the protests on some "aahh look at them, thats all they can do. go ahead and march u monkeys"

i've always been a proponent of meeting violence with violence. fight fire with fire.

:what:

So instead of peaceful protests, which according to you make blacks look weak, you suggest riots, which make blacks look like savages? :mindblown:

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels

:what:

So instead of peaceful protests, which according to you make blacks look weak, you suggest riots, which make blacks look like savages? :mindblown:

This country wasn't "founded" by a game of duck, duck, goose. Slaves weren't brought over on some Rock Paper Scissor shyt either. Eat a dikk if you think white people aren't the most violent peoples in the history of this earth.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

zombieland-rule-number-one-cardio-300x207.jpg