They should've never killed Jackie Aprile Jr...

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
He had to go, more than a Chris, or more than a Paulie who layed in bed with NY.....

Tony was a guy that defended his cousin to the end, even if that meant losing all face in his crew(even Sil) and going to war with NY.....Even originally Tony stopped Chris from handling that........

Tony telling Ralph to kill Jackie was a maniacal sociapathic way of making both Ralphie and jackie pay, he could have let Chris handle him.................

You have to understand the constant pissing match between Ralphie and Tony after this he fukks Tony's sis, and after that Tony fukks Valentina, then after that Ralphie kills his horse, then tony killed him............It was a constant back and forth breh, down to the stripper he killed who Tony didnt give play because Ralphie was fukking her, then killed her............Jackie's death was more about punishing Ralphie

What don't you understand about Jackie robbing and shooting made men?

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
Yall dont pay attention to the subtleties of the Sopranos
I don't think anyone on this forum has watched The Sopranos on rotation more than I have (it's my all time favorite show), but you're literally making shyt up in your head.
now what your saying is decent, because I could see how it'd fit into the storyline (from a writer's Point Of View). but in reality there was NO dialogue or storyline in the actual show that backs up what you're trying to say.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Jackie resented Tony from the start, Tony even had to pull him aside to let him know that he aint kill Ritchie.....

Now who the fukk would cheat on Meadow of all people unless absolute disrespect was the intention..............................

Or it could be with the narrative of his character being an absolute spoiled, unresponsible, selfish fukk up

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It could have been stretched out, and I would have enjoyed it because he was an interesting character...however I like what they did. In some ways it was like throwing a common mafia trope into the bushes. IE the son of the big gangster turns out to be more ruthless and effective than his father, and goes to war. Would that be dope? Sure. But killing him before he could decide whether he was truly bout that life or not felt realistic, and more dramatic.

You never know when you're gonna go.

martin payne

All Star
Daps
Reppin
los angeles
the soprano family was so flabby at the end.....Phil could've easily wiped them out. Imagine soprano family with Jackie jr, Christopher, Furio etc...phil would've been shook

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Jack Aprile was a stupid, hot headed guido. He wasn't about that life for real, the kid just watched to many mafia movies and was easily impressed by Ralphs silly stories. Tony was right when he tried to push Jackie away and told just to go to school and have a regular life.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bottom line is Tony talked the talk but too weak handle what he was supposed to do(even implied by the weakest one in both families lil carmine), which was the exact meaning of the test dream.....By the last season even the little nikkas in his crew wasn't kicking up the full amount, Tony wasn't that respected, and his decisions were irrational...

There's no way he could have ever made the right decision all the time. Maybe there is no right decision. That's what Junior told Tony. "You steer the ship the best way you know."

Tony wasn't weak when it came to business but he was weak when it came to putting FAMILY before business. A lot of disaster could have been averted if Tony hadn't shown blatant nepotism, but the loyalty he shows to the ones that love him is one of the reasons we as an audience love him in return.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Jack Aprile was a stupid, hot headed guido. He wasn't about that life for real, the kid just watched to many mafia movies and was easily impressed by Ralphs silly stories. Tony was right when he tried to push Jackie away and told just to go to school and have a regular life.

:wtf:
a young christopher was the exact same

tony tried pushing him away because he didn't want to lose his throne.

Ralphie didn't care about jackie aprile he was smashing his mother so him doing the hit was nothing

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:wtf:
a young christopher was the exact same

tony tried pushing him away because he didn't want to lose his throne.

Ralphie didn't care about jackie aprile he was smashing his mother so him doing the hit was nothing

But Christopher was a soldier, dude put in crazy work and loved Tony like a father. His weakness was his addictions.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But Christopher was a soldier, dude put in crazy work and loved Tony like a father. His weakness was his addictions.
Basically. I feel like Christopher without the drugs is what Jackie Jr. could have been if he knew when to STFU

Flawed....but still loyal ass soldiers and workers...

Remember when Chrissy murked the dude who Tony said killed his father. Dude is sitting there begging for his life but Chrissy was like it doesn't matter because he wants you dead so you gotta go...

shyt had me like :wow:

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember when Chrissy murked the dude who Tony said killed his father. Dude is sitting there begging for his life but Chrissy was like it doesn't matter because he wants you dead so you gotta go...

shyt had me like :wow:
:rudy: chris killed dude because HE wanted to[DOUBLEPOST=1397316280][/DOUBLEPOST]sopranos threads :blessed:

always struck me how the sons of such dynamic leaders (jackie jr and aj) came off as weak/soft/stupid. obv we didnt see much of jackie aprile but he was a fukkin boss from the way they talked about him

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
There u go. Funny tho that that dude was comparing Jackie to Omar, when Omar essentially gave up Jackie's location :laff:

Not to mention, homosexual VITO capped him :laff:
:ufdup:

he was the best earner :damn:

:rudy: chris killed dude because HE wanted to[DOUBLEPOST=1397316280][/DOUBLEPOST]sopranos threads :blessed:

always struck me how the sons of such dynamic leaders (jackie jr and aj) came off as weak/soft/stupid. obv we didnt see much of jackie aprile but he was a fukkin boss from the way they talked about him
add lil carmine to that list

the undercurrent of trans-generational tension in the sopranos is :lawd: