They should make a Sopranos type show but with the Chinese Mafia, Triads or whatever instead.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
if you do the show, it has to have its own style. trying to make a chinese sopranos or the wire is not going to work. you will really need a show creator that understands chinese corruption, and an audience willing to watch chinese people in the lead role. the wire suffered in terms of viewership and awards because of its primarily black cast. it's sad, but that is how america is.

Yeah, it would definitely have to have its own style. U can't just rip off another show. I mean it should be similar in the way that The Sopranos shows the inner workings of the Italian American Mafia, I'd like to see the same but with the Triads.

And damn, I never realized race was such an issue. I mean, if the show is good, who gives a f*ck about race?

U need to play Sleeping Dog

Yeah, I got it. Pretty good game.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
The main reason this show probably won't get made is the networks aren't going to put a majority Asian cast out there. shyt is pathetic. This show, if done properly of course, could be one of the best of all time.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Yeah, it would definitely have to have its own style. U can't just rip off another show. I mean it should be similar in the way that The Sopranos shows the inner workings of the Italian American Mafia, I'd like to see the same but with the Triads.

And damn, I never realized race was such an issue. I mean, if the show is good, who gives a f*ck about race?

Yeah, I got it. Pretty good game.
:comeon:

We all know the Hollywood slogan - if it ain't white, it ain't right.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
:comeon:

We all know the Hollywood slogan - if it ain't white, it ain't right.

I know but you would think in this day and age, such things shouldn't matter. Although now that u guys mention it, I can't recall many shows where most of the cast was not white. Apart from The Wire, maybe. They should really broaden their horizons tho, it seems like they have no new good ideas at the moment either.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I know but you would think in this day and age, such things shouldn't matter. Although now that u guys mention it, I can't recall many shows where most of the cast was not white. Apart from The Wire, maybe. They should really broaden their horizons tho, it seems like they have no new good ideas at the moment either.
And The Wire never even got the credit it deserved while it was on air, not from a mainstream perspective at least. No Emmys, no awards, no nominations, none of that shyt; yet now everybody pretty much unanimously agrees that it is a top three show ever if not the best of all-time. The sad fact of the matter is it is almost impossible to get white people to support entertainment that is non-white -- ESPECIALLY if it doesn't focus on blatant negative stereotypes -- and you're probably not going to be able to have a successful show if no white people watch it.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Thread is on point and the OP's idea would be cool to see, but dudes with long bread would have to behind it, cuz Hollywood wouldn't fukk with something like that. We all know how they did Bruce Lee with Kung Fu.

To see a series that's similar to that movie Brother with the guy who was in Battle Royale and Omar Epps would be dope as fukk.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Well, they managed to do it for The Sopranos. Its not like the Italian Mafia likes having their business put out there. But I guess the Triads are more secretive and they really work more out of China than the US. I guess for the show to really work, it would probably have to be set in China and subtitled for the Western market.

Bruh, you can turn on the tv any night of the week and see a show with former mafia members telling everything they know.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
Bruh, you can turn on the tv any night of the week and see a show with former mafia members telling everything they know.

Yeah but that happened towards the decline of the Italian Mafia. And then mobsters started getting the movie star treatment so I think that's the main reason they are all flapping their gums today. Back when they were running things, they couldn't come out and tell such stories. They would be considered rats and be dealt with. Even the ladies from that show mob wives get called rats and snitches all the time.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Give us an insight into what that world is like.

Whether based in China/Hong Kong or in the US, I'd like to watch a show like that, I think it would be interesting. Not many people know the inner workings of the Triads.

Could work if they fuse the plot sleeping dogs had with the Sopranos concept and framework.