They should make a Sopranos type show but with the Chinese Mafia, Triads or whatever instead.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, they managed to do it for The Sopranos. Its not like the Italian Mafia likes having their business put out there. But I guess the Triads are more secretive and they really work more out of China than the US. I guess for the show to really work, it would probably have to be set in China and subtitled for the Western market.

The Italian mafia don't have power like that no more
and those Triads are far more ruthless than the mafia ever were, so I can see people not wanting them problems

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
The Italian mafia don't have power like that no more
and those Triads are far more ruthless than the mafia ever were, so I can see people not wanting them problems

Yeah the Cosa Nostra in the US has been pretty dead for a long time. But if they managed to work the shyt out with the gangsters and have their consent to tell certain stories and put it on TV, it would be dope. I think The Sopranos had the blessing of a lot of real gangsters behind the scenes, that's why it seemed to be so realistic. I think a lot of the stories told in The Sopranos probably did happen in real life, in some way or other.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Triads numbers are in the hundreds of thousands. Also lots of Triad members are legitimate international business men. Their clout is way bigger then the mafia. Their money is long.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
The Triads numbers are in the hundreds of thousands. Also lots of Triad members are legitimate international business men. Their clout is way bigger then the mafia. Their money is long.

That would still be cool to see. Like The Sopranos touched on more than the gangster shyt that was going on, many other issues were explored. Also focus on the gangsters of one particular city. The Italian Mafia at its peak also had hundreds of thousands of memebers. They were all over the US and other countries. Even The Sopranos only focused on the Jersey mob and some New York families.

To do the same with the triads would be piff IMO.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Spike Lee back in 2003-04 had that pilot for Sucker Free City. The show was gonna revolve around various urban gangs in San Francisco. One of the main stories followed a low level Chinese Mafia figure as he tries to work his way up.

Suckerfreecitycover.jpg

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would be nice. I remember that HBO gonna do Cocaine Cowboys show....so what happened? I havent heard them since. So, are they dropped it or still working on it?

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
Actually, they guy I mentioned is not Ricky Tan but Ken Leung. I got em confused. He played the main bad guy in the 1st Rush Hour movie.

Here's the guy I had in mind:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRv8adMmvqRTIUu9hUFLcIQKNQ1sx5DcnmysXtp3NixJjCZusE2eQ

nah breh, ricky tan was his name in rush hour :heh:

shyt could be dope tho :ehh:

ricky tan and ken leung not even the same person :bryan:

i nominate my breh will yun lee :myman:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0498449/

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
It would be nice. I remember that HBO gonna do Cocaine Cowboys show....so what happened? I havent heard them since. So, are they dropped it or still working on it?
i been waiting for that, there's hundreds of stories from Rivi alone to make a crazy series

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cocaine Cowboys is in development Hell at HBO. They've had like 5 writers trying to crack it. Michael Bay is supposed to direct the pilot.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i been waiting for that, there's hundreds of stories from Rivi alone to make a crazy series

I know. You don't want to fukk with the Queen..... :whoa: once u fukked up and u dead in a sec.

Have you seen Cocaine Cowboys 2?