They HATE BLACK PEOPLE here 100% (Dominican Republic)

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to say it but 99% of Latin Americans I’ve encountered are racist as fukk. I’m Colombian and I’ve heard racist shyt from family growing up here in the US and when I’ve traveled to Colombia it’s even worse. Puerto Ricans who have seemingly adopted black culture are some of the most vile racists I’ve met. Be aware of the cardi b types of the world.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
:picard: Gawddamn that is insane...

Why hasn't shyt like this caused an international incident???:mindblown:
I learned immigration/customs can be petty in any country you go to so i was just going along with because I know i ain't trafficking drugs and I know my passport 1000% official, so it speaks on their behalf on why they felt they needed to go the extra mile when I was LEAVING the country. either drugs or a false identity is the suspicion, unless there is something associated with my name that i don't know about. :yeshrug:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
I'm not gon lie I did sense some
full
at the airport arriving and leaving there when I went 5 years ago and I could tell they didn't like Hatians at all.

I wouldn't go back there again to be honest.
what airport you left from

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hate to say it but 99% of Latin Americans I’ve encountered are racist as fukk. I’m Colombian and I’ve heard racist shyt from family growing up here in the US and when I’ve traveled to Colombia it’s even worse. Puerto Ricans who have seemingly adopted black culture are some of the most vile racists I’ve met. Be aware of the cardi b types of the world.

Are your peoples from Bogota? I heard they are a little bit unfriendly generally out there.

I'm going to Medellin and Caratgena in a few months.

Last edited:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When i visited Dominican republic this year I was stopped at immigration/customs and to give some background, I have a full spanish name and my skin color is dark brown with a tint of looking indian from what people tell me. We had a flight leaving in approx. 20 minutes when they stopped me, the young lady at customs kept looking at my passport and looking at me in my face, she didnt say anything and just got her supervisor. They take my passport and walk off, when the supervisor comes in, he said they believed my US passport to be fake and want to make sure i am who I am. This was bullshyt because they was trying to check to see if I was a Haitian illegally leaving the country. He asks me about my name and how did i get my name, I told him i am a junior and whatever bullshyt questions he ask me. Heres the kicker, my plane is now late and they are calling my name over the loudspeaker and my friends are going at the airline telling them they better hold on they not leaving me in the country. Dominican customs agents followed me to the plane and stopped me FIVE fukking times after they released me, asking me if i am carrying drugs, asking me what is my name, when one agent was done questioning, another agent on my wait to the gate would proceed with the same questions, at this point i feel 100% disrespected, the last agent to block my entry into the PHYSICAL PLANE was the same girl who initially stopped me. She grilled me one last time and looked me dead in my eyes and said my first and last name and have a good trip.

There was a dark skinned Dominican/Haitian gate attendant who saw the whole ordeal and pulled me to the side and said she was so sorry and asked me what country my father is from, I responded with DR, shook my head and walked on. Many people said because of the combination of my first and last name it is rare to see dark skinned people with it and that is what caused the alarm. I might have to change my passport designation to JR because it is started to trend that I will always be questioned at customs. i got stopped 2 years ago but not to this extent
I'm not trying to deny Dominican racism, because it sure as hell exists. But are you sure they didn't just want to get bribed? The same exact thing happened to me and I look like a regular ass Dominican. They asked me where I got my passport from, telling me "you don't look like you're from overthere :comeon:" keeping me waiting in another room knowing I was about to miss my plane. When I didn't crack, they gave me an exasparated look and told me I wasn't going to make it in this world :heh:Immigration likes to hustle the diaspora They can't do it to tourists because the resorts don't want them to fukk up their money.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was just down there last month and I didn't really get that kind of vibe. Yes I do see alot of them c00n out for white people. But they showed me nothing but respect down there. Even had chicks who were educated and non pros choosin a nikka down there. But then again I'm sure they knew I was a tourist because of the way I was dressed down there.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I’ve been there and saw no racism at all and I’m a medium brown color my girl went with me (redbone) also ... it may be that I look like some of them ... but we enjoyed it ....

I’m not in a hurry to go back though because it was meh as a destination ...

i know what I hear and I've seen some of them act like they aren't black.

but i had an awesome time in DR, the women loved me (wasn't paying). I guess it depends on where you are, but I was in Santo Domingo must of my time and I ddin't speak spanish.

the only thing bad on that trip is that they made me check in my carry on and i forgot i had stashed $500 in one of the pockets...it was gone on arrival, bag looked like they took into a dirt field and went through it. There was rotten mud (or shyt) and hay all over it.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Then why do I hear this is the place where you'll get p*ssy and live like a king as a black man?

:jbhmm:

becaue blacks don't like paying $1000 for puzzy like white people do in America...you can get puzzy for $30-$50 bucks down there lol