THEY CAME BEFORE COLUMBUS...the Untold History of Africans in the Americas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
how do you respond to criticisms?

What critcisms? Van Sertima's work is thoroughly researched with citations supporting all his points.

Literally the only criticism cacs have is saying this is not possible because black people couldn't have done it before whites.

Their belief in white supremacy causes them to dismiss all the evidence supporting this position that Africans were in America before Columbus.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
everybody knows that black
people were here first.....
wat6rr.jpg

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Its an awesome book. Very well written and incredibly engaging. Also has a million citations. Some of facts in there are so mind-blowing that I had to actually check the citations to make sure the brotha wasn't full of shyt. And just like any other work done by serious black intellectuals, it turns out to be 100% true. White supremacy is so pervasive that even someone like me who is open to the truth of black history still finds it hard sometimes to believe just how incredible our ancestors were.

The book has a ton of quotes from Christopher Columbus himself talking about how the natives in the Americas are telling him of black people that has visited them in the past. And how some of these black people have settlements near them and have been living there for hundreds of years. When I first read that, I was like no way all these white historians could just ignore something like that. But just as Dr. Van Sertima states in the book, if you go and check out the diares Columbus kept, he did in fact say those things. He said many times how there were blacks in the Americas living among the natives. He also had a West African ship hand who he brought along to help him get to the new world because he knew that West Africans knew how to navigate the Atlantic and reach the Americas.

The amount of information CACs just ignore on this topic is laughable. There is literally more evidence that black people were in the Americas before Columbus than there is that we landed on the moon. And yet the moon landing is considered fact while the presence of Africans in the Americas is considered pseudo-history.

I've never read his research, so excuse me if this has been answered in the text, but is there any evidence of these societies that have been found in Africa? For example, are there any recordings of successful cross Atlantic navigations found in Africa? I have very limited insight into the topic, but I've only read about Mansa Musa's relative embarking on a such an expedition, only to never be heard from again.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never read his research, so excuse me if this has been answered in the text, but is there any evidence of these societies that have been found in Africa? For example, are there any recordings of successful cross Atlantic navigations found in Africa? I have very limited insight into the topic, but I've only read about Mansa Musa's relative embarking on a such an expedition, only to never be heard from again.

There are records of these crossing on both sides of the Atlantic. There are Arabic texts discussing the voyages of Abu Bakr (Mansa Musa's brother) to the Americas. There are also accounts from the native Americans given to Europeans about contact with black people who came by ship from the ocean.

And even more importantly, there is PHYSICAL evidence. There are plants found in South America that could have only come from West Africa if they were brought by people in the last few thousand years. Also there is evidence of grains from Central America being found in West Africa. Once again this would have only been there at that time period if there was trade between West Africa and South/Central America.

The evidence is overwhelming. There are monuments (like the Olmec heads), there are written accounts (from both Europeans and Arabs), and there are plants found in both sides of the Atlantic that could only be there if both sides had contact thru trade.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Good read but the second you bring up Van Sertima in an academic debate it's generally :skip:. Look at some of the other theories for precolumbian African contact (I've found success citing Heyerdahl in college papers.)

Repped for the culture though broham.:salute:

But why though? :ohhh: What's so wrong about/with his methods that makes academic scholars so hesitant on taking him seriously?

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida

:comeon: I see you "brother"....