THESE nikkaZ LOVE BOSA?....UHHH...NFC WEST DA OPPS..2019 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS SEASON THREAD!

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

How did this guy not get drafted?

:mjlol:

Quite frankly in terms of build and physicality, he is a clone of Joe Staley.

It's scary some of the talent we are finding in the UDFA pile.

Offensive line went from a question mark to a strength.

Credit to John Benton and Joe Staley for their guidance.

Last edited:

Robbo

All Star
Daps

Or the system helps these guys perform. I heard somebody talking about Shanahan's blocking scheme in the offense, and its very straightforward. You do this or you do that. you don't have to think too much. That probably helps these guys.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I've said it already, Brunskill >>>> McG in pass pro and he might be as good as him in run blocking. That Deebo td in Carolina game he did two key blocks that opened up a huge hole.

He's only signed through end of this year tho...

And I do hope we don't rush McG against the Hags. I'm far more comfortable with Brunskill there

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

Offensive line went from a question mark to a strength.

Credit to John Benton and Joe Staley for their guidance.
He was a former TE, athletic and is a bit undersized. Zone blocking loves guys like that, but power running teams dont.

His and Richburg's athleticism jumps right at you. Compare it to Skule who is a bit less athletic but more of a road grader.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I've said it already, Brunskill >>>> McG in pass pro and he might be as good as him in run blocking. That Deebo td in Carolina game he did two key blocks that opened up a huge hole.

He's only signed through end of this year tho...

And I do hope we don't rush McG against the Hags. I'm far more comfortable with Brunskill there

Also in the Carolina game me made a key seal block in that helped Tevin Coleman get one of his

I have to agree with this though McGlinchey has markedly improved as a pass blocker since last year, we may may have to find a way to lock Brunskill up, I think we may have found Joe Staley's successor.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
He was a former TE, athletic and is a bit undersized. Zone blocking loves guys like that, but power running teams dont.

His and Richburg's athleticism jumps right at you. Compare it to Skule who is a bit less athletic but more of a road grader.

Ah, Just like Staley if IIRC

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Or the system helps these guys perform. I heard somebody talking about Shanahan's blocking scheme in the offense, and its very straightforward. You do this or you do that. you don't have to think too much. That probably helps these guys.
This.

Shanny seems to have the same theories of OL as his father. those early 90s Niners and Broncos SB teams all used undersized OLs that mastered zone blocking and trap blocked like I've never seen.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing is teams don’t value undersized guys so your getting the pick of the litter if your running that scheme