These are AI videos...... It's over

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I've got a business where I can now lay off most of my staff and just use AI.

Pretty soon my customers will be able to cut me off and just use AI.

Bear in mind my peers have been caking for decades while I worked myself up and am supposed to start hitting the start of my peak now.

:picard:

I should have studied plumbing.

"It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead!"

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This is like the 80s where folks are panicking over the future and shyt :francis:

Those AI videos are close but no tree branch

1. No living person is that giddy
  2. The hair folicales are showing blur
  3. Lip movements are unnatural
  4. Folks will get tired of the over pretty simulation
This shyt is the max headroom of 2024. It's never going to go beyond just proof of concept and taking away jobs 😞

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
This is like the 80s where folks are panicking over the future and shyt :francis:

This shyt is the max headroom of 2024. It's never going to go beyond just proof of concept and taking away jobs 😞
I agree that you can currently spot them, but obviously it's just a matter of time before you can't.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
They need to hurry up with then motherfukking holodecks.

Lanny Smoot, 20 year developer with Disney Imagineering group and developer of the live action light saber (which initiates and expands in real life like in the movie) and the BB8 robot. :blessed: This is what our best and brightest should be looking at as possibilities….

1/1
🚨CHI 2024 Paper Alert 🚨

➡️Paper Title: InflatableBots: Inflatable Shape-Changing Mobile Robots for Large-Scale Encountered-Type Haptics in VR

🌟Few pointers from the paper

🎯In this paper authors have introduced “InflatableBots”, shape-changing inflatable robots for
large-scale encountered-type haptics in VR.

🎯Unlike traditional inflatable shape displays, which are immobile and limited in interaction
areas, their approach combines mobile robots with fan-based inflatable structures.

🎯This enables safe, scalable, and deployable haptic interactions on a large scale. They developed three coordinated inflatable mobile robots, each of which consists of an omni-directional mobile base and a reel-based inflatable structure.

🎯The robot can simultaneously change its height and position rapidly (horizontal:58.5 cm/sec, vertical: 10.4 cm/sec, from 40 cm to 200 cm), which allows for quick and dynamic haptic rendering of multiple touch points to simulate various body-scale objects and surfaces in real-time across large spaces (3.5 m x 2.5 m).

🎯They evaluated their system with a user study (N = 12), which confirms the unique advantages in safety, deployability, and large-scale interactability to significantly improve realism in VR experiences.

🏢Organization: @TohokuUniPR , @UCalgary

🧙Paper Authors: Ryota Gomi, @ryosuzk, Kazuki Takashima, Kazuyuki Fujita, Yoshifumi Kitamura

1️⃣Read the Full Paper here: https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/3613904.3642069

🎥 Be sure to watch the attached Demo Video-Sound on 🔊🔊

Find this Valuable 💎 ?

♻️QT and teach your network something new

Follow me 👣, @NaveenManwani17 , for the latest updates on Tech and AI-related news, insightful research papers, and exciting announcements.

/search?q=#VR /search?q=#AR /search?q=#robots /search?q=#CHI2024

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

bnew

Veteran
Daps

what was the state of the tech 6 months ago or a year ago? today is the worse it'll ever be.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps

1/1
🚨CHI 2024 Paper Alert 🚨

➡️Paper Title: InflatableBots: Inflatable Shape-Changing Mobile Robots for Large-Scale Encountered-Type Haptics in VR

🌟Few pointers from the paper

🎯In this paper authors have introduced “InflatableBots”, shape-changing inflatable robots for
large-scale encountered-type haptics in VR.

🎯Unlike traditional inflatable shape displays, which are immobile and limited in interaction
areas, their approach combines mobile robots with fan-based inflatable structures.

🎯This enables safe, scalable, and deployable haptic interactions on a large scale. They developed three coordinated inflatable mobile robots, each of which consists of an omni-directional mobile base and a reel-based inflatable structure.

🎯The robot can simultaneously change its height and position rapidly (horizontal:58.5 cm/sec, vertical: 10.4 cm/sec, from 40 cm to 200 cm), which allows for quick and dynamic haptic rendering of multiple touch points to simulate various body-scale objects and surfaces in real-time across large spaces (3.5 m x 2.5 m).

🎯They evaluated their system with a user study (N = 12), which confirms the unique advantages in safety, deployability, and large-scale interactability to significantly improve realism in VR experiences.

🏢Organization: @TohokuUniPR , @UCalgary

🧙Paper Authors: Ryota Gomi, @ryosuzk, Kazuki Takashima, Kazuyuki Fujita, Yoshifumi Kitamura

1️⃣Read the Full Paper here: https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/3613904.3642069

🎥 Be sure to watch the attached Demo Video-Sound on 🔊🔊

Find this Valuable 💎 ?

♻️QT and teach your network something new

Follow me 👣, @NaveenManwani17 , for the latest updates on Tech and AI-related news, insightful research papers, and exciting announcements.

/search?q=#VR /search?q=#AR /search?q=#robots /search?q=#CHI2024

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

giphy.gif

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
theres a a couple of threads already.

just a few months ago, a poster on here said no one is gonna watch a movie made by AI. :mjlol:

some people have no vision :francis:
I won't even ask you how. :wow: