There’s a crisis with the new generation of American Hoopers

Braman

Superstar
Daps
We already know the best players under 30 are now dominated by foreigners (Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, Luka), but then you look at the American guys under 30 who are supposed to be next up :

Ja- :francis:
Booker- tbd, but they lost as favorites
Tatum- Celtics epically underperformed
Zion- Always hurt
Trae- Both he and the team relapsed
Evan Mobley- may have relapsed, outplayed by Mitchell Robinson
Garland & Donovan- underperformed
Ant- Twolves compromised his future by trading for Gobert
Lamelo- hurt again but tbd
Rockets- the 1 team full of young talented Americans and they’re ordering Jacob watches between timeouts and there’s constant talk of a toxic environment :mjpls::francis:

Can even throw in the failure of Emoni Bates.:jbhmm:

And now it’s not just the bigs you have Canadian Jamal Murray, and the potential team of the future OKC led by a Canadian SGA (and Australian Giddy)…..Oh, and then you look at Wemby.

The elephant room is these AAU ‘I have a personal coach and work on my bag’ hoopers are flawed. The previous generation didn’t have this problem (bron, Steph, Wade, Kawhi, jimmy…).

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
We already know the best players under 30 are now dominated by foreigners (Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, Luka), but then you look at the American guys under 30 who are supposed to be next up :

Ja- :francis:
Booker- tbd, but they lost as favorites
Tatum- Celtics epically underperformed
Zion- Always hurt
Trae- Both he and the team relapsed
Evan Mobley- may have relapsed, outplayed by Mitchell Robinson
Garland & Donovan- underperformed
Ant- Twolves compromised his future by trading for Gobert
Lamelo- hurt again but tbd
Rockets- the 1 team full of young talented Americans and they’re ordering Jacob watches between timeouts and there’s constant talk of a toxic environment :mjpls::francis:

Can even throw in the failure of Emoni Bates.:jbhmm:

And now it’s not just the bigs you have Canadian Jamal Murray, and the potential team of the future OKC led by a Canadian SGA (and Australian Giddy)…..Oh, and then you look at Wemby.

The elephant room is these AAU ‘I have a personal coach and work on my bag’ hoopers are flawed. The previous generation didn’t have this problem (bron, Steph, Wade, Kawhi, jimmy…).
World caught up and a bunch of these foreign guys are 'Can't go back allstars'

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Ja- I agree just:snoop:
Booker - Will be fine as an individual
Tatum - Has a lot of work to do on his game. Tried to crown him too early.
Zion - Health. Very concerning.
Trae - Will be fine, I think Atlanta could become a contender sooner than we think
Ant - Will be fine as an individual. Raw but you can see the foundations of a great player.
Lamelo - As talented as anyone skillwise, can he stay healthy? I think he needs to leave Charlotte, some organizations just never get it together.
Rockets - Too early to know how they will turn out. Ime Udoka is a great acquisition.
Mobley, Garland & Donovan - I think Cleveland's youngsters will get better and better. Might be a player or two away like Atlanta.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It’s pretty simple. Over here youngins with talent play AAU which isn’t really the ideal setting for getting pro ready.

Over there youngins with talent literally go pro. Dudes like Luka, Jokic and Wemby been playing against grown men since they were 15.

Then you got another subset of foreign stars like Embiid and Giannis who actually refined their game mainly in the USA but have a different level of hunger and work ethic than your average American prospect, because they literally came from the mud.

So basically American players underperform because we’ve fostered a horrible environment for molding prospects, and American culture of coddling/entitlement often means these dudes just don’t want it enough. A lot of these young American stars are celebrities with hundreds of thousands if not millions of IG followers before they ever played a second of pro ball.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Would Austin Rivers have ever made it to the NBA if he didn't have AAU level favoritism and benefits? Let alone his father. Would he be as entitled and arrogant as he is?

That's the problem. There are talented hoopers around the world who don't make it close because they are written off early by these AAU/youth coaches. Alot of the wisdom, training and guidance they need to make it isn't there. Even though they work way harder than the players like KAT

This issue has many layers. But who wants to talk in depth about something like this in here?
:unimpressed:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
And honestly, this extra emphasis on finding foreign talent started early with the Spurs. Manu and Tony Parker. Dirk. It has become an even bigger thing with the development of Giannis, Embiid, and Jokic

Even though this is the reality, there are players with the same or similar level of physical gifts, talent, and work ethic as those 3 out there in AMERICA that get NO attention. Because of the favoritism

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You named 6 players. If the game is being dominated by foreigners like you guys claim, where are these other dominate players at :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:
It’s dominant my brotha :skip:

And that’s how domination works. It’s only gonna be 4,5 players that dominate an era. And at this trajectory, once the OG’s are gone those players could all be foreigners.