There won't be any more large technology creation in our life time

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
OP is a clown.

Terrible take, the advancements in medicine have been incredible.

CRISPR
nanobots
brain-tech interface
automation
continued implementation of self-learning neural nets

Those five alone are going to have MASSIVE repercussions in the next 30 years. And probably more shyt I ain't even thinking about.

i cam in here specifically to bring up CRISPR.
i heard about it like 3-4 years ago and it blew me away.
the ability the precisely add, remove, relocate a specific gene quickly
and efficiently is a huge game changer and it's just in it's infancy.

It's been noted by many that we have reached an age of decadence which is characterized by prosperity and comfortableness. Prosperity and comfortableness doesn't breed innovation. When you look at the groundbreaking innovation and technology, most of it has occured in the past. Invention of the car and airplane. Invention of the computer. Invention of electricity. Nothing has been created during our lifetimes that has drastically altered life. You would think we would have flying cars at this point or the ability to teleport, but nope.

Decadence is also a sign of a dying civilization. So I agree with OP.

the internet came into being during my lifetime, so did smart phones.
rockets that once fell to the ocean after one use now land themselves safely back to Earth for re-use.
doctors perform surgery from half way around the world with remote control robots...

I think we'll get high speed rail between major cities (NYC to DC in an hour, etc)

Drone package delivery

it's a shame that there are not several high speed coast to coast rails.
if i could hop on a train and be in Cali in 15 hours, i'd be chilling in Big Sur once a year.

They actually have this already. There are certain quantum particles that have been shown to extend life. They have been combining them with stem cells and other substances that remove scar tissue. I believe they have technology that can extend life 400 to 600 years.

tenor.gif

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
wasn't a person with a jet pack seen flying over LAX last year?
homie flew by a plane that was taking off or landing.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:

You’ll be able to grow your own baby in a clear pod in your living room.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i low key follow advancements in battery technology.
i find it fascinating. so many things we have are powered by portable batteries.
as they get smaller, hold greater and greater charges, lifespan increase...c'mon, son.
batteries is where it's at but the improvements are incremental.
every gen builds off the next, remember the very first cell phones that came with a suitcase to charge it?
that was in my lifetime. now the batteries are so small yet powerful enough to do everything you need and its in your pocket.

shyt is crazy.
shout out to batteries.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Self driving cars

From 2030 they will only manufacture electrical cars. Electrical cars have a lot of room to be innovative.

From how people will charge their cars to gas stations phased out. That will be radical changes on how we travel & live

Autonomous is literally the next level.

They are already testing flying cars. :wow:

Technology will always be improving no matter what.

I'm most excited for Augmented reality shyt.
These are just add ons to major technological advancements. Not something major like creating something new like car, internet, electricity. I get what OP is saying and he is sorta correct. I don’t see anything major in the next 75 years like teleporting or whatever hasn’t even been thought of yet.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Bold prediction but I feel it

We'll see Little small improvements but as for actual game changers, like the car, the phone, internet & wifi..that's done for us
Technology increases at an exponential level all the tech we’re seeing now has actually been around for some time especially military tech folks had an iPad (or touch pad screen based computer) back in the 80s trust me we’re just getting started

Daps
:what: I really hate how anti-intellectualism is championed on this board at times. nikka, they’re about to launch the James Webb telescope in a few months that will literally allow us to to peer “back” in time to analyze the beginnings of the universe.
Anti-intellectualism is a major problem in society