There won't be any more large technology creation in our life time

invalid

Banned
Daps
There are a couple different kinds of flying cars.

Have they been integrated into society? Have they changed our mode of living?

Artificial intelligence/neural networks have also become real over the last couple of decades.

What you're seeing is an expansion of AI. AI was conceptualized in the 50's by folks like Alan Turing and then successfully implemented into computing machinery.

In the 50's and 60's we thought that we'd be living like the Jetsons or something out of Tron in the 2000s. We're not there yet.

Last edited:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Honestly by the time I'm 80 they'll have fixed the disease called aging

I'll be immortal breh

No cap
They actually have this already. There are certain quantum particles that have been shown to extend life. They have been combining them with stem cells and other substances that remove scar tissue. I believe they have technology that can extend life 400 to 600 years.

invalid

Banned
Daps
#604: The Boring Decadence of Modern Society - The Art of Manliness - Omny.fm

On the surface, it can feel like we’ve made a lot of technological, economic, and cultural progress during the past 30 years. But if you look closer, you start to notice that in a lot of ways, we’ve been running on repeat for several decades now. My guest today argues that this is what typically happens to rich and powerful societies: A period of growth and dynamism, such as we experienced after WWII, is followed by a period of stagnation and malaise. His name is Ross Douthat and his latest book is The Decadent Society: How We Became the Victims of Our Own Success. We begin our conversation discussing Ross’s idea of decadence and how it’s particularly marked by the quality of boredom. We then explore how decadence manifests itself in different areas of our society: Ross and I discuss how even though the realms of the economy and technology might seem vibrant (or at least they did before the pandemic struck), Americans are actually starting fewer businesses, moving less for work, and making fewer life-altering innovations than in times past. We then discuss the fact that clothing styles haven’t changed all that much from the 1990s, the repercussions of couples having fewer children, and the calcification of our political institutions. We end our conversation with how each of us as individuals can fight back against decadence.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
They are already testing flying cars. :wow:

Technology will always be improving no matter what.

I'm most excited for Augmented reality shyt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
We're already seeing the blind given vision in 2021.

By 2050, you'll be making payments on new organs and shyt, we'll be able to extend our lives to 150-200. We already know the first person to live to 150 has already been born. (Barring any extinction level events)

I think we'll see self replicating A.i. before 2100 and just start shooting them hoes out to asteroids and Mars.

Oh yeah MARS base? C'mon son. If you think having humans full time on another planet isn't technological greatness, we got nothing left to talk about.

Which human lived to 150 years of age?? :wtf:
Edit: my bad, I read that wrong. But what about people born in the 80s? Do we have a chance to live beyond 80 without any major health issues?

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The fact that you can even say that knowing that when you were born smartphones, self-driving cars, among a plethora of other technological advancements didn't exist at all is amusing. We're progressing at the fastest rates ever recorded in human history. :mjlol:

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
They actually have this already. There are certain quantum particles that have been shown to extend life. They have been combining them with stem cells and other substances that remove scar tissue. I believe they have technology that can extend life 400 to 600 years.
You should look up that wizard looking dude Aubrey de Grey and that Sens foundation company. They have been working on this stuff for a while now and I think they are experimenting with animals now

Anyways op they are trying to 3d print organs and you got mfs trying to figure out how to colonize other planets + look up crispr... u trippin

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Hell no! "I refuse"

Someone needs to make a food sythesyzer that makes delicious non fattening food.

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
We’re about to be see flying humans thanks to alien technology breh:krs:

Why do you think they’re talking about UFO’s all of a sudden:sas2:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have they been integrated into society? Have they changed our mode of living?

What you're seeing is an expansion of AI. AI was conceptualized in the 50's by folks like Alan Turing and then successfully implemented into computing machinery.

In the 50's and 60's we thought that we'd be living like the Jetsons or something out of Tron in the 2000s. We're not there yet.
There's no benefit to implementing it into our lives.

There's a difference between advancement for the sake of advancement - and genuine improvement in our quality of life. In fact, cars were a net loss here in the U.S. - we built our cities around the ability to drive, instead of high-speed public transportation - and we have fared poorly because of it.

And AI being conceptualized in the 50s has nothing to do with modern advancement.

Leonardo da Vinci conceptualized helicopters in the 16th century - it doesn't mean that the 400+ years of technological development after his concept was for naught.

And the Jetsons was in part a scientific fantasy - but also in part just a reflection of 60s life added on top of dreams of a space-age future. It also isn't necessarily desirable. We have people living in the Space Station - but why would we want a chunk of humanity to do that?

Capitalism slows development across the board, it just creates spikes for certain people :yeshrug: