There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Episode was "aight". Still too fukking slow for me. The people are just too stupid for me to care about their dialect or what they're doing. Could've been A 30 minute episode if they skipped all the bullshyt with 10 minutes of commercials

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
You mean to tell me that Travis or the daughter's boyfriend couldn't have been sequestered in this neighborhood in these last 3 episodes and added to the story? To be honest, those actors probably dodged a bullet because this show is even more wack molasses than Season 2 of the Main show when they were on the farm searching for Sophia for 6 episodes.

Daps
this has actually gotten better each episode :ehh:

Think the season will finish out strong, but the true test will be next season when they have a longer season to work with. Thats when the OG TWD began to fall off :manny:

If they keep it at this pace and dont begin to get real cartoon/over the top like the OG TWD (which can be blamed on sticking to comic storylines to an extent) then this show will be alright :francis:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm disappointed in the direction, but it's still a good physiological thriller. the idea of having my neighborhood barricaded and controlled by a bunch of cacs with guns is horrifying

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I dont know what show people are watching but this shyt is boring as fukk. I barely pay attention to it due to the focus on annoying characters (none which seem to die despite desperately needing to) and lacks anything in the strength of a clear villain, serious danger (not danger from stupidity), or anything that is interesting enough for an hour long tv show.

Compared to the original walking dead this has been some bullshyt especially considering the fact that it's a short season.

No one cares about these characters. A naive daughter, a naive mother, a naive step-father/dad, a whiney son, and a junkie son who is sometimes hilarious but somehow they're ALL still alive?

The old man is the smartest person on the show but somehow the entire focus seems to be on their stupidity... Or on nothing at all

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
this has actually gotten better each episode :ehh:

Think the season will finish out strong, but the true test will be next season when they have a longer season to work with. Thats when the OG TWD began to fall off :manny:

If they keep it at this pace and dont begin to get real cartoon/over the top like the OG TWD (which can be blamed on sticking to comic storylines to an extent) then this show will be alright :francis:

OG TWD fell off because AMC bounced Darabont.

Darabont had all kinds of things planned.

AMC balked at spending money on what Darabont planned in order to flesh out the world of Kirkman's comic book storyline.

Kirkman was probably jealous of Darabont's superior storytelling ways, anyway.

Fear the Walking Dead had six episodes to flesh out their storyline. There is no 'longer season to work with' excuse. Look at tonight: a week-long time skip. How much of episodes one through three could have been excised in order to show exactly what occured during the week-long time skip?

The show doesn't need a longer season.