There is no JRPG better than Persona 4 (golden)

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This JRPG still resonates with me brehs.

The soundtrack will forever be etched into my cells.

9VSCQrg.gif

I'm playing ff13 right now and I think this may be the only soundtrack that can match persona 4.

P4g definitely tops ff13 in terms of world, story and characters, but ff13 has superior RPG gameplay

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Was it better than Persona 3? :jbhmm:
I played Persona 3 around the time it came out and even though I own Persona 4 Golden I've never played it. I only played the original Persona 4. Persona 4 benefits from them learning from the mistakes of Persona 3. It's not as much it being better for it actually being better but it's more that they tinkered with the formula to address the issues of Persona 3. The dungeon format is better, as is the combat, the story is more focused.

Looking back on it Persona 4 isn't drastically better than Persona 3 because it's too similar to it. If you play 4 then 3 after you'd probably feel 4 was drastically better though.
I'm playing ff13 right now and I think this may be the only soundtrack that can match persona 4.

P4g definitely tops ff13 in terms of world, story and characters, but ff13 has superior RPG gameplay
Like I said before Xenosaga III is probably the best JRPG soundtrack created. XIII is no slouch though.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played Persona 3 around the time it came out and even though I own Persona 4 Golden I've never played it. I only played the original Persona 4. Persona 4 benefits from them learning from the mistakes of Persona 3. It's not as much it being better for it actually being better but it's more that they tinkered with the formula to address the issues of Persona 3. The dungeon format is better, as is the combat, the story is more focused.

Looking back on it Persona 4 isn't drastically better than Persona 3 because it's too similar to it. If you play 4 then 3 after you'd probably feel 4 was drastically better though.

Like I said before Xenosaga III is probably the best JRPG soundtrack created. XIII is no slouch though.
:what:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps

OK, that makes sense. I'm about to go into P4G having put like 100+ hours into Persona 3 FES. I'm assuming P4 has that Final Fantasy 7 effect on people, meaning it was their first Persona therefore the BEST. PERSONA. EVER!

For me, probably just gonna be a Sunday. :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

FFXIII soundtrack isn't even remotely similar to Persona 4 Golden's soundtrack. I can't even find any tracks that I can honestly sub into Persona 4 from FFXIII to say the least. The music is mostly grounded instrumental shyt versus actual songs and lyrics from P4G. The battle system in FFXIII is kind of wack until you hit damn near the end. It's also convoluted as hell. P4G is more simplistic but fun with the fusions and social link aspects.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OK, that makes sense. I'm about to go into P4G having put like 100+ hours into Persona 3 FES. I'm assuming P4 has that Final Fantasy 7 effect on people, meaning it was their first Persona therefore the BEST. PERSONA. EVER!

For me, probably just gonna be a Sunday. :mjlol:
There's absolutely no way I can see how someone says P4G isn't better than P3 aside from story. P3FES is absolute trash compared to Persona 4 Golden and YES I played Persona 3 well before I played Persona 4 yet alone Golden so that "First Persona game" narrative isn't true.

I put in like 10 hours into Persona 3 and kind of got stuck somewhere and then tried Persona 4 which I found much more fun. 40 hours into it I copped Golden and never looked back. Playing FES after golden was hard as hell because of all the changes that weren't there that was in Golden. So yeah, I found 4 a much better game. P3P had them but that was stripped of it's actual 3d worldmap and cutscenes.

Persona 3 sucks for damn near until September. The damn game has nothing going on story wise for most of it's months where you just do side stuff for a whole month and fight a anti-climatic boss at the end of each month. The story didn't grab you up until all the near the end when Ryuji shows up. Persona 4 Golden's story was interesting from the onset of the first case and each month. I also felt the characters were way better in Persona 4 than 3.

Chie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yukari
Kanji>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Akihiko
Yu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blue hairednikka
Yukiko>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MItsuwhatever the fukk she's called
Yusuke>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Junpei

Only character in 3 that was crazy was my nikka Aegis and that other dude who got merked by them dudes in the alley.

Tartarus is inferior to the dungeons in Persona 4 and the combat system is worse(you can't even control the characters).

Last edited: