THEM: Prime Original Series 4/9/21(Season 2: 4/25/24)

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
just finished the season....my unbias opinion is the show was pretty good...showin a person's take on racism in America by way of fantasy and realism....not the first time its been done but very interesting the way they did it....

I love the musical score through the season too....gonna look up a lot of the songs they played throughout each ep.....

the acting was VERY solid...

hopefully the controversy that this show is seeming to garner will lead to a second season....would like to see how deep the creators can go with this concept.....:ehh:

this show did take A LOT of ideas from other shows/movies tho....other than that it was an interesting ride....:mjgrin:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Stop watching then lol it feel good when we do turn up on they ass though because you have to wait so long for it but it’s satisfying when she slapped that bytch when the daughters axe dude. Only shyt that had me fukked was when he killled the cop because it made you feel like the cop was gonna serve them well and help fight the whites idk

naw breh...they paid the cop to be friendly to them so the real estate lady could seal the sale of the home to the Emory family....they needed them to stay....:francis:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I’m not saying it’s good but what I said goes along with the question asked far as I can remember. Diggs tried and tried in that. I’m starting to think you a white girl or boy at this point ma’amsir
What that mouth do
Calls me a white mamsir on a message board bc he got checked and then proceeds to further play himself with a sexual innuendo. @Knowledge in here dapping the troll until he wasn’t.
:mjlol::deadmanny:

Then further implodes himself with the wrong interpretation of the movie ending. After trying to shyt talk- instant karma is instant.
:deadrose:
Stop watching then lol it feel good when we do turn up on they ass though because you have to wait so long for it but it’s satisfying when she slapped that bytch when the daughters axe dude. Only shyt that had me fukked was when he killled the cop because it made you feel like the cop was gonna serve them well and help fight the whites idk
Hmmm
naw breh...they paid the cop to be friendly to them so the real estate lady could seal the sale of the home to the Emory family....they needed them to stay....:francis:
That cop was in on the scam to Jack up prices to black families :stopitslime: he was a piece of shyt fukk em

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’m not saying it’s good but what I said goes along with the question asked far as I can remember. Diggs tried and tried in that. I’m starting to think you a white girl or boy at this point ma’amsir
You have the wrong one for trying to come at me considering - and the black posters capping and caping for the dude linked below. Better fact check before you insinuate. Considering the names in this party of the site that didn’t like me calling out a white boy for his racist shyt. Where the f were you when they really violate. Or do you only make it a habit of trying to insult women with strong opinions due to your fragile demeanor? White letting actual racists remain untouchable. Are you dapping this as well @Knowledge ? Don’t recall seeing you pop out either - or did you give it a pass bc he tried and tried?
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/not...ist-poster-and-film-critic-thegodling.837642/
:jbhmm:
Real funny how people are so quick to take shots but run off when there’s actual cacs in here doing what they claim to be so critical of - guess it’s easy to try to come at the black woman bc gawd forbid these white boys are held accountable - how ironic that you’re in here defending a “horror” movie about race relations but clearly are not built for mounting a defense in reality. Lot of shocking shucking and jiving when the spotlight was put on the white in the plantation.
Maybe they should go back to black people having a predesignated place to sit on the bus as well then so they don't have to sit in between all those racist white people. Give black people their own drinking fountains back so their lips don't have to touch the fountains contaminated by white devil people. Make sure the black children only go to all-black schools so they don't have to learn the inherent evil's warped history. Segregation is the answer to all of life's problems.
Cac using the word c00n - we’re his opinions trash??
Well, the Coli definition seems to be that if you're black, and you represent something that another person is against, no matter how slight, you're a c00n. So basically any black person in any argument is a c00n. Also, since it's unclear who's black and white on here, white people can be called c00ns as well. If that makes them cacc00ns is as of yet still not decided.

That's because unlike the N-word amongst black people, c00n is actually being used as a derogatory term. Nobody saying "That's my c00n!" or "My c00n keeping it real." like it's all good. It's becoming a way for black people to call a fellow black man the N-word with a white person's intonation.

Yes, I'm white. But ignoring your simpleton race baiting shyt, Nat Turner did murder children. No matter how just the cause he was fighting for, that's something I never want to see glorified.
So I guess black children being murdered and raped by the slave masters were given passes. And Nat Turner took that up as a method of self defense - he didn’t make white slave owners inflict brutal violence against black people to make them rise up in the first place.

Not to mention all
of the blacks Lives murdered along with their children before Nat Turner REBELLED against violence since you have so much to say under your veil of protection.

—-
“There was very little recourse for African-American tenant farmers against this exploitation; instead there was an unwritten law that no African-American could leave until his or her debt was paid off,” writes Megan Ming Francis in Civil Rights and the Making of the Modern American State. Organizers hoped Bratton’s presence would bring more pressure to bear through the courts. Aware of the dangers – the atmosphere was tense after racially motivated violence in the area – some of the farmers were armed with rifles.”

What Was the Elaine Massacre? | History | Smithsonian Magazine

But the white boy is “iffy” about our black hero, Nat Turner - so you better be quiet and not make him uncomfortable

I'm iffy about Nat Turner glorification but I do have to say it is a master stroke of trolling genius to call it The Birth Of A Nation.

——
Your opinions are trash as fukk lol with all due respect

Did you actually ever call out that white poster for his trash opinions or do you need to wait and see it on the tv?? ^^

Last edited:

ArKane24

Pro
Daps
Reppin
North Little Rock
Midway through and I get it. It's about the realistic struggles of black people trying to integrate while still dealing with their own post traumatic slave disorder that black people to this day still have. It's a no wonder why people on this thread are triggered from this show because we still are dealing with emotional trauma that many haven't yet acknowledged within themselves.

This is the sad truth. We’re so traumatized that a lot of us don’t want to acknowledge factual history displayed in media, as horrific and fukked up as it is, as being necessary to avoid being chattel under the heel of their boot ever again. I can understand not wanting to be shown the ugly truth of modern Babylon which is that not much has changed inwardly, but the truth of their demonic nature has to continue to be exposed. We are still at their mercy, knowing they have very little of that for us, and that troubles us deep down inside, rightfully so, and embarrasses us/hurts our pride as a people on the surface.

Pride always comes before the fall though. We should constantly keep ourselves stirred up, aware, and angry until we get real justice for our people and this kind of media is serving its purpose towards that end. They’re condemning themselves and their descendants that continue to perpetuate white supremacy right before our eyes. They couldn’t destroy us then, for all their best efforts, and they still can’t now. There’s a reason for that and it’s not compassion or a change of heart on their behalf.

Their hearts are hardened as they are given more and more rope to hang themselves with just like Pharaoh in Egypt. Episode 10 in the basement between Lucky and Epps made that reason crystal clear. Epps said to Lucky that we disobeyed YAH and are cursed/deserving of subjugation because we broke our covenant as the Chosen people. That scene was the purpose of the entire show, the truth of who we are and who they are for all of the world to see and to make the connection of our identity/condition with Biblical scripture. It’s HIS hand in action, for those of us that can discern HIS will, in a world that is against us at every turn. YAH has never forgotten HIS people and he longs for the day we leave Babylon (European/oppressor culture) and come back to HIM.

“Them” and any other show/movie on the subject of racial hatred against us couldn’t begin to accurately depict the horrors (from lynchings to assaults to torture and rape) our people have historically experienced (still experience) at the hands of whites that see themselves as blameless and free of personal/social responsibility for their continued criminal actions against YAH’s people. These kinds of portrayals in media should increase so we can stop the burial of the truth of their nature which they are masters of and separate from them completely.

The Jewish people are the perfect example of why this kind of media portrayal is important and how they use it to their advantage by never letting us forget about the holocaust. Pride is not a factor, they embrace their history and use it as a shield/protection for their people and fuel for their community causes. I’m not embarrassed of my peoples’ history in this country because it shows that we’re the ultimate survivors that have withstood everything they’ve thrown and continue to throw at us because we are the Jewels of YAH. Any Black person that carries a white name resulting from slavery is an indictment for all to see against all of the white slavers’ descendants that carry that name currently.

Therein lies the hope in YAH for the destruction of their dominion over us. We are vastly outmatched, military and economically, in this satanic world system of white supremacy and yet they still can’t destroy us because they don’t have power over us except what we allow them to have through our infidelities against YAH by adopting their Babylonian culture over our own.

The show wasn’t the worst or greatest, but this is the first time that I’ve seen Black people portrayed as the Chosen people of the Almighty YAH (and whites portrayed as satanic Edomites that oppose the literal will of GOD by perpetually attempting to destroy us) and our suffering at the hands of whites explained as the result of straying from our Father by envying our oppressor in ancient and current times. It’s an ugly history, but a necessary evil to acknowledge the past to deal in order to move forward accordingly. Money can’t save us, as this show made clear, because it’s their system and they don’t play fair. Only YAH can.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Calls me a white mamsir on a message board bc he got checked and then proceeds to further play himself with a sexual innuendo. @Knowledge in here dapping the troll until he wasn’t.
:mjlol::deadmanny:

Then further implodes himself with the wrong interpretation of the movie ending. After trying to shyt talk- instant karma is instant.
:deadrose:

Hmmm
I dap both perspectives. That "what that mouth do" comment was unnecessary and off topic so i have no interest in that.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
That cop was in on the scam to Jack up prices to black families :stopitslime: he was a piece of shyt fukk em
indeed but he wasn't outright like lets kill these nikkas. I
That’s what I thought
:unimpressed:
are you done with the symbolic pony tail pulling of my hair for attention or do you have anything substantive to discuss on the show?
:comeon:
nah i wanna smack that ass a lil bit

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I dap both perspectives. That "what that mouth do" comment was unnecessary and off topic so i have no interest in that.
That’s the doublespeak bullshyt. Nah- what you “dapped” was him being wild disrespectful in referring to me as an insult with the “white mansir” rhetoric because I have a strong opinion about this particular film that didn’t mesh with his mindset; which is Fukkin racist in and of itself bc unless he knows me, not of me based on his emotional troll bait - he needed to stfu and refrain from speaking about me without facts.

The real irony is him referring to me out my name with that internet insta-reaction which is the exact same example that racist cacs and conniving c00ns used to deflect from their own shyt- so I guess both of y’all are portraying and emulating racism (that is if either of y’all are even black) in an ironic case of fiction meeting reality. The same way that you responded to me - you could have checked him for that inappropriate comment but you turned silent and didn’t say shyt, get along to go along and you wonder why there’s never any progression. Because there are many instances of me as a Black woman checking comments made against black men from these cacs but conveniently he went for the lazy lame retort - but I guess that’s the bytch in some of you to have more smoke for soft targets than the opposite race that you should check. I see why @Mugen has ascribed to this movie - he’s living out his fan fiction victim monologues.
:yeshrug:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s the doublespeak bullshyt. Nah- what you “dapped” was him being wild disrespectful in referring to me as an insult with the “white mansir” rhetoric because I have a strong opinion about this particular film that didn’t mesh with his mindset; which is Fukkin racist in and of itself bc unless he knows me, not of me based on his emotional troll bait - he needed to stfu and refrain from speaking about me without facts.

The real irony is him referring to me out my name with that internet insta-reaction which is the exact same example that racist cacs and conniving c00ns used to deflect from their own shyt- so I guess both of y’all are portraying and emulating racism (that is if either of y’all are even black) in an ironic case of fiction meeting reality. The same way that you responded to me - you could have checked him for that inappropriate comment but you turned silent and didn’t say shyt, get along to go along and you wonder why there’s never any progression. Because there are many instances of me as a Black woman checking comments made against black men from these cacs but conveniently he went for the lazy lame retort - but I guess that’s the bytch in some of you to have more smoke for soft targets than the opposite race that you should check. I see why @Mugen has ascribed to this movie - he’s living out his fan fiction victim monologues.
:yeshrug:
You too emotional...

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
indeed but he wasn't outright like lets kill these nikkas. I

nah i wanna smack that ass a lil bit
And y’all still think this poster is black ^^ the same pattern on repeat.
:hhh::mjlol:
These white dudes be having a license to troll; if you see something and say something the collective cacs and c00ns will start banding together their appointed against the black posters for calling out this shyt. I swear, can’t even have a discussion with this dude’s obsessession of replying to me with sex. No one says shyt to him, like “chill” or “fall back” but they form a legion to defend a cac using the word “c00n” and “colored” . knowing they see this - it’s the main trending thread in this part of the site.

But dammit if you post a spoiler - youz gonna be in bad trubbah.
:lupe:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus Christ take this trash to TLR, stick to discussing the show instead of insulting each other and derailing a TV show thread. Don’t like the show? Great, fukk off so we can discuss it, you’ve said your opinion, we get it.
Who the fuk are you talking to @Mugen ?? Tell that to HIM! We all were responding with no issues until he decides to enter the stage. This is not just about a tv show for some of us - all over social media these discussions are inciteful bc this movie is sinister and Black people see it for what it is.. Period- but the personal attacks that’s @Mugen. If you don’t like the nature of this discussion - go over to the IMDB comment section.

ArKane24

Pro
Daps
Reppin
North Little Rock
You're giving it way too much credit.

Since you watched it and liked it though what did you think of the subplot with the racist white lady neighbor?
It was really weird how they were trying to show her backstory and then having her be kidnapped as a way to somehow make the viewer sympathize with her despite her horrific racism even though none of the shyt that happened to her with her parents had anything to do with her being a horrible person.
It just seemed like an odd pivot for the character that was being set up early on as a primary antagonist. And the kidnapping subplot just totally removed her from the rest of the show which was also an odd creative choice.

Those subplots to her backstory were not meant to make us empathetic or sympathetic towards her racist ass. It showed the hypocrisy of the things that they project on us under white supremacist ideals while they understand exactly who they are and what crimes they’re guilty of. She can’t have children because of a supposedly virtuous white man (her own father) molested her and her own supremacist bullshyt got her kidnapped and killed by being blinded by bloodthirsty hate to the danger to herself from a man with white skin. “Them” showed how our nature is everything to the opposite of theirs. We’re in our condition from trying to emulate them after desegregation (economically, socially, and spiritually) even though we like to think we haven’t and are distinct from their culture.

The love of money, not money itself, is the root of all evil and is the main culprit behind our troubles. We compromise our humanity for money to try to attain the lifestyle whites enjoy through transgressions against our own. When we were separate we stood together out of necessity and now that we’re integrated we compete with each other under the illusion we’re free. We’re still captive in Babylon and will suffer with Babylon until we leave it.

I give the show a 7.5 overall. The pacing was off, but the message for those who can discern is crystal clear.