Them $600 stimmys boming as soon as tonight brehs EDIT: Coli brehs are getting them!)

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
long as they handle this correctly they still good in my book. The irs made a mistake which dropped millions claims on them and I’m sure they wasn’t prepared for

I'm feeling that way after thinking about it. Seems like there is about 6 or 7 tax companies that are having issues. I like TT because they have all my prior years tax records.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Email i got this morning

On January 4th, 2021, Liberty Tax was informed that the IRS sent funding for stimulus payments to Republic Bank for customers that had used a Refund Transfer product last season and chose a check option for disbursement. Those accounts were in a closed status and by law, the bank was required to return them to the IRS. Some customers elected electronic deposit or direct deposit from this account and received the funding from the IRS, because the ultimate bank account (the taxpayer's bank account) was still open and active. Since Tuesday, January 5th, 2021, we have been working non-stop, pleading with the bank and the IRS to re-open those accounts and send those deposits back, and allow us to print checks in our local offices, at no charge to our clients.

For two days both the bank and the IRS have been contemplating our recommendation, I am pleased to let you know Republic Bank has agreed to work through the logistics of doing this, however, I was notified at 2:30PM CST the IRS will not re-submit the deposits. Because of the IRS's decision, we are unable to fulfill any check issuance for the stimulus payment at this time.

Some banks did not return the money to the IRS, and still may be able to direct funds into an ultimate bank account for the customer. Unfortunately, Republic Bank is not one of them, and they are our partner bank.

We have been communicating to customers since yesterday as we tried to identify just what was happening and what was going to happen and how we could help customers. For many of you, it wasn't enough or timely enough. I am truly sorry. This has been a difficult situation to manage through and we are doing our best. Information has come fast, furious and inaccurately from the IRS, so we just didn't know what to disseminate as it is changing intra-hourly.

All stimulus payments were intended to be in homes no later than January 15th, 2021. At this point, if you do not get your stimulus payment by the end of this week, you will have to include it in your 2020 Tax Return as Rebate Recovery Credit. It is a terrible outcome and one that I am continuing to advocate against with the IRS, but so far this has fallen on deaf ears. I have asked the IRS to issue checks directly to the taxpayer and have received a negative response. I will continue to advocate for you, our client, taxpayer and fellow American. I am truly sorry we don't have better news to share at this time. Should there be a change in status, as I intend to help bring about, we will quickly update you.

Damn, breh. That's a tough one to see in the morning.

But I really do hope this spurs people to stop fukking with some of these companies for taxes. They fact that they're issuing you your refund out of their own account was one of those things no one ever expects to be an issue, but in hindsight, was something that was bound to be an issue sooner or later.

And, in the case of companies like Intuit and H&R Block, triple fukk them for this shyt. They're out here actively lobbying to make tax code and filing harder so normal people feel a legitimate need to use their products, and then get their customers caught up in a shytstorm like this.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seeing how TT and H&R are getting so much heat now, anyone recommend another online tax service company?

Low key, Jackson Hewitt fukked up, to.....But somehow, they're not getting any heat for it.I don't even think they're working to resolve the issue

like Turbo Tax is doing.I'd say write them off your list, also:ehh:

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Damn, breh. That's a tough one to see in the morning.

But I really do hope this spurs people to stop fukking with some of these companies for taxes. They fact that they're issuing you your refund out of their own account was one of those things no one ever expects to be an issue, but in hindsight, was something that was bound to be an issue sooner or later.

And, in the case of companies like Intuit and H&R Block, triple fukk them for this shyt. They're out here actively lobbying to make tax code and filing harder so normal people feel a legitimate need to use their products, and then get their customers caught up in a shytstorm like this.

This part needs to be talked about more with ALL these companies dropping the ball. I remember one video on the topic and the government paid one of these companies to make a free filing site for them and they intentionally made a trash ass 1995 looking website so nobody would want to use it. They also design their own websites to highlight the option to file taxes for free but link you to the paid versions

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This part needs to be talked about more with ALL these companies dropping the ball. I remember one video on the topic and the government paid one of these companies to make a free filing site for them and they intentionally made a trash ass 1995 looking website so nobody would want to use it. They also design their own websites to highlight the option to file taxes for free but link you to the paid versions

Case in point:

Congress Is About to Ban the Government From Offering Free Online Tax Filing. Thank TurboTax. — ProPublica

Turbotax bullshyts every year talking about how it's REALLY free. Then you get in there, and get hit over the head with all the exceptions they can find you with the paid version. Which, for the majority of people, they never actually find.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Case in point:

Congress Is About to Ban the Government From Offering Free Online Tax Filing. Thank TurboTax. — ProPublica

Turbotax bullshyts every year talking about how it's REALLY free. Then you get in there, and get hit over the head with all the exceptions they can find you with the paid version. Which, for the majority of people, they never actually find.
Stop using them years ago. My tax returns are simple, I use credit karma and it’s free and it keeps record of all my returns without me having to pay to get a previous year.

Dre23

Pro
Daps
Dear Valued TurboTax Customer,

Great news, your stimulus payment is on the way!

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited starting January 8th. We expect most payments to be available that day, but your bank could take a few business days to process. Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account that you received your 2019 tax refund.

We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get your stimulus payment to you. We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay in you receiving your stimulus payment.

For more information about stimulus payments, please go here.

Thank you again for being a TurboTax customer.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Stop using them years ago. My tax returns are simple, I use credit karma and it’s free and it keeps record of all my returns without me having to pay to get a previous year.

:salute: I never paid attention to the fact that CK offered tax services. Been with them for years to keep an eye on credit. Same here, my taxes are very simple, no kids, not married, etc.