Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Umm, you're talking to the picture, not I. Didn't edit it since I didn't care.

If science and religion were at odds, those 'religious types' wouldn't have made those contributions nor would the many scientific discoveries throughout the years been made.

Now, if there were some Scripture, verse, surah, or whatever that read 'Don't do science' you'd have a point. Since there isn't, you don't.

Science and religion are only at odds in your mind.​
Oi8vMjQubWVkaWEudHVtYmxyLmNvbS9mY2Z.gif

:jordanlmao:

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning

Entire series can be found here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL70E757541E8576D7

edit:

All episodes compiled into one 4 hour video

"Discovering Religion" is an original, documentary-style series on YouTube that explores a variety of topics within the framework of religion, science, philosophy, history and politics. The aim of this series is to objectively examine the fallacies propagated by religious doctrine through an entertaining, educational, and thought-provoking medium.

For episode transcripts, working projects, and updates about the series, please visit the "Discovering Religion" website:

http://discoveringreligion.net/

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
So they start the series around 50,000?

It pretty much covers every nook and cranny of religious philosophy starting with the young Earth belief which is covered in episode 2.

And it's done in a completely respectful and civilized way that doesn't try to demean people of religious faith, it simply shows them where they're wrong and provides tangible evidence to back up their conclusions.

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
This whole documentary is being dismantled like 3 posts in:mjlol:

explain?

"Spreading the gospel" = "Attempting to convert"

Tomato, tomoto, and didn't really warrant a response. I wouldn't interpret that as dismantling the overall opinions expressed in the series though

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
are they going to talk about how monotheists started calling non monotheistic religions pagan to deter people from following them? or how every religion is a cult?

Or how muhammad invented the quran during on his delirious retreat and proceeded to freestyle over the following 2 decades :heh:

Last edited:
Daps
explain?

"Spreading the gospel" = "Attempting to convert"

Tomato, tomoto, and didn't really warrant a response. I wouldn't interpret that has dismantling the overall opinions expressed in the series though

Youre still wrong.

The goal of Christianity is to spread the Gospel = make known the "higher way". Therefore offering you a choice, left or right, right or wrong, God or man.

You are free to choose as you will.

Youre referencing the aims of the Roman Catholic Church / the modern church.

Just the fact that the differentiation isnt made there and you are ignorant of this, discredits everything youve typed in this entire thread, because you are ignorant of the doctrine you condemn

:niro:

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
are they going to talk about how monotheists started calling non monotheistic religions pagan to deter people from following them? or how every religion is a cult?

Or how muhammad invented the quran during on his delirious retreat and proceeded to freestyle over the following 2 decades :heh:

I haven't watch the series in a while but I don't even think they tackle Islam at all, I think it's mainly just the bibles interpretation of things that they focus on.

From my understanding there's very few scholars actually tackling the origins of Islam, It's actually a pretty hard thing to do due to obvious reasons.

There was a BBC documentary that aired a few years ago that attempted to tackle the subject but was pulled from the air due to death threats

edit:

I found it

Islam: The Untold Story - Channel 4 Cancels Screening With Tom Holland, Amid Security Fears

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...islam-untold-story-tom-holland_n_1873551.html

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3352/channel-4-islam-untold-story

Last edited:

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
Youre still wrong.

The goal of Christianity is to spread the Gospel = make known the "higher way". Therefore offering you a choice, left or right, right or wrong, God or man.

Just the fact that the differentiation isnt made there and you are ignorant of this, discredits everything youve typed in this entire thread, because you are ignorant of the doctrine you condemn

we'll agree to disagree.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Youre still wrong.

More or less.
This is a common problem people who attempt to "debunk" thing they haven't fully attempted to understand OR when they have an agenda. They use a very broad brush to paint with. It's the same brush people use to condemn all of Islam as extremism when only a small fraction of it's practitioners are involved in extremist actions (terror).

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Youre still wrong.

then why they work to hard to get to the little ones with no will yet

Daps
then why they work to hard to get to the little ones with no will yet

thats when they put more importance on the ritual (baptism) than the actual meaning behind the ritual.

It becomes just something you did, and what everybody else did, in order to become a full member of the church.