Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
it's not easy to justify shyt threw religion.

No one buys that shyt then or now.

revisionist history is the only thing that allows us to ignore land conflict, cultural conflict, grabs for power, and greed - and put everything on religion. Then turn around and pretend that it was the religion that made those things easy to justify. When we have seen entire empires and nations use other things to justify greed power cultural conflict and land grabs.

So the crusades are "revisionist history"? :usure:

Or you gonna act like it had nothing to do with religion? Obviously there were political factors too, but you're in denial if you can't see that religion was the major justification here. Religion is a GREAT way to control poor/uneducated people.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Very fukked up debate and premise. Christianity is just as fukked up as Islam no need to say one is more violent then the other. It appears to me that external circumstances are the cause of war and not a religion itself.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC

revisionist history is the only thing that allows us to ignore land conflict, cultural conflict, grabs for power, and greed - and put everything on religion. Then turn around and pretend that it was the religion that made those things easy to justify. When we have seen entire empires and nations use other things to justify greed power cultural conflict and land grabs.

What about when that stuff is directly in the religion's texts, though? Muhammad was a military conqueror himself, after all.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What about when that stuff is directly in the religion's texts, though? Muhammad was a military conqueror himself, after all.
If it's a part of the history... like Muhammad fighting a battle then it's fine. I doubt any Muslim would ignore that history and anyone who's ever studied it should be able to see why Most muslims would embrace it.

Most of the other shyt has nothing to do with religion- especially modern things... Most of the time people are talking random shyt about things that aren't directly related.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So the crusades are "revisionist history"? :usure:

Or you gonna act like it had nothing to do with religion? Obviously there were political factors too, but you're in denial if you can't see that religion was the major justification here. Religion is a GREAT way to control poor/uneducated people.
The Christian Crusades happened because they didn't wanna be under brown control and influences and they didn't appreciate black and brown people bringing them from barbarism to humanity. The religion was Used to kill Natives, enslave others.... but the 'premise' of a religion being violent is simpleminded.

And yea Religion is a effective way to control the masses. Your statement alone shows a lack on understanding friend. Let's exam it...... Religion is a GREAT way to control poor/uneducated people I think you mean 'effective'.. you can't use 'Great' because it's implying something good when we are talking about something negative. It's like saying cutting a throat is a Great way to kill your children. Religion is only effective when the concepts and ideas are manipulated.

and "control poor/uneducated people. " :mjpls:
Many people who are religious aren't poor... and many religious extremist differently aren't poor and uneducated. What's considered uneducated - most high school graduates are religious.. many atheist are socially deviant drop outs. If you have a regular moderate mosque goer in the Mid East - they more than likely are poor/undeducated. If someone is planning a terror attack - the usually aren't poor/uneducated because you have to have some knowledge about politics, history, and situations in order to be motivated to do something like that.

People use whatever is convenient to use. It's not like mass atrocities 'haven't' been justified by other means.. those empires and nations were just as effective without religion. I guess religion brought about WW2? I guess the masses in Russia right now are controlled by religion. That idea is the equivalent of saying that all the problems in the world are cuz of CAC. It's classicism and power 100% of the time, any concept can be used. Nepolean was effective and North Korean people are under good control - I guess because they are Baptist???

Revisionist history is putting everything on the back on religion like I said it is. We say it controls the poor and say .... but of course politics are involved. No--- politics are involved that create the oppressed, undereducated, and poor.... then there's religion.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Such a BS statement.

I won't sit here and say that EVERY thing is the result of a religious war, but you don't get to sit here and act like religion hasn't motivated and emboldened MANY events in history. The causes of conflicts will vary, but the banner they unite under is largely consistent. if its not tribal, its religious.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I won't sit here and say that EVERY thing is the result of a religious war, but you don't get to sit here and act like religion hasn't motivated and emboldened MANY events in history. The causes of conflicts will vary, but the banner they unite under is largely consistent. if its not tribal, its religious.

I agree with this. We can't pretend religion is simply some empty vessel that gets appropriated scapegoated. It is as much an agent in history as any other set of ideas. Of course, the apologists are inconsistent about this- when it comes to good things, then religion is an active causal agent, but when it comes to bad things, somehow its just this passive vessel that gets seized and forcibly distorted.

Last edited:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Such a BS statement.

your right.. without religion, man would have never had conflict.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Islam lost after this:

Thanks for your reply, friend. I find it interesting that this guy says California did etc... Suggesting that it's a place with great thinkers. I guess that's why their economy is doing so great :troll:

This video doesn't prove anything except that if you follow Islam, the way it is meant to be followed before people outside opinions were added (like that guy who thought math was the devil) Islam can conquer the world with knowledge. You have just posted a video that proves more so Islam is the truth.

Btw the Noble peace prize is more political than anything, why would a Jewish group give a prestigious prize to Muslims. Also this gentleman sounds like an idiot trying to make it seem as if GWBs God is different from Muslims. Fact is there is one God who is the only God for everyone whether they believe it or not. Peace be with you.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Thanks for your reply, friend. I find it interesting that this guy says California did etc... Suggesting that it's a place with great thinkers. I guess that's why their economy is doing so great :troll:

This video doesn't prove anything except that if you follow Islam, the way it is meant to be followed before people outside opinions were added (like that guy who thought math was the devil) Islam can conquer the world with knowledge. You have just posted a video that proves more so Islam is the truth.

Btw the Noble peace prize is more political than anything, why would a Jewish group give a prestigious prize to Muslims. Also this gentleman sounds like an idiot trying to make it seem as if GWBs God is different from Muslims. Fact is there is one God who is the only God for everyone whether they believe it or not. Peace be with you.

Actually, Islam as stated is factually wrong on a lot of things.

Attributing any findings they made "to islam" is bullshyt. That means calculus and physics are "christian" creations. :troll:

Which is equally bullshyt.

People living in societies make discoveries. Not beliefs.