....................THE YEAR IS 1999

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
HAHA I never thought of that but yea...

Wasn't sure how well Kurupt was recieved on the eastcoast even though hes from Philly, he tried with that 'eastcoast' disc on it but it just wasn't as good as the westcoast disc IMO.

ehh, kurupt isnt relevant in philly to be real with you. hes just a guy that i liked personally. i dont recall anybody else bumpin that record up here besides me. im different. im one of those gap-bridger guys. i wore that badge proudly.:smugfavre:

and thats not a knock on him, cuz he is respected but people up here generally just never checked for anything he did outside of dogg food and the stuff from death row's glory days, of course. so after '96, i cant say that he had any type of buzz here.

he was never part of the philly rap scene or anything like that. hell, theres alot of people that dont even know hes from here. nor does his music reasonate with the general tastes up here(i didnt know he had an east coast disc, but i wouldnt be surprised if that didnt reasonate either).

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
That movie was criminally slept on.

To me its a classic.

'Trading Places' meets 'Shawshank redemption'

:salute:
0efbb2c60675aeb72fcb65de6609d09b.jpg

I have never put it in way!!! And it was slept on? Hmm that might explain why it rarely comes on tv. But it was Murphy's last movie he did with black comedians as the characters like he did with Harlem Nights in the 80s. We need our black casted comedians comedy Eddie!

Damn I just realized Robin Harris was Harlem Nights & he dead. And Bernie Mac was in Life & he dead... :sadcam: If this happens who would be in it?

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
ehh, kurupt isnt relevant in philly to be real with you. hes just a guy that i liked personally. i dont recall anybody else bumpin that record up here besides me. im different. im one of those gap-bridger guys. i wore that badge proudly.:smugfavre:

and thats not a knock on him, cuz he is respected but people up here generally just never checked for anything he did outside of dogg food and the stuff from death row's glory days, of course. so after '96, i cant say that he had any type of buzz here.

he was never part of the philly rap scene or anything like that. hell, theres alot of people that dont even know hes from here. nor does his music reasonate with the general tastes up here(i didnt know he had an east coast disc, but i wouldnt be surprised if that didnt reasonate either).

Appreciate the info on Philly....I figured that he wasn't big out there and people still swear hes from LA when he isnt and they are from here lol

Also, where should I eat when I touch down in September? lol

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Appreciate the info on Philly....I figured that he wasn't big out there and people still swear hes from LA when he isnt and they are from here lol

Also, where should I eat when I touch down in September? lol

yea, i mean people that at least pay attention to him know that hes from philly. he reps that phillyfornia stuff hard.

hes in that left eye/fat joe category of "did you know that theyre from here". except fat joe and especially left eye have more listeners here.

as for food, it depends on what youre looking to eat. im more of a takeout spot guy. i know you want a cheesesteak.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
joe-biden-faces-malarkey.png

They look like a local group called 3 Piece who used to come into Pro Nails & sing for the ladies...

That dude in the frozen still look like Godfrey!! :mjlol:

that 3-piece group made it to BET. lol @ them singing in the nail sailon. i guess thats how they got their skills up before the deal?

men of vizion was dope, and were signed to michael jackson. you ever heard this joint? the lazy-man anthem.

i never even heard this.
just stumbled upon it, saw mr cheeks, and hit copy & paste.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
yea, i mean people that at least pay attention to him know that hes from philly. he reps that phillyfornia stuff hard.

hes in that left eye/fat joe category of "did you know that theyre from here". except fat joe and especially left eye have more listeners here.

as for food, it depends on what youre looking to eat. im more of a takeout spot guy. i know you want a cheesesteak.

I just need someone from the area to tell me if its Pats, Genos, or what lol

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I just need someone from the area to tell me if its Pats, Genos, or what lol

i dont go to those spots.

genos seems like the slightly more popular place tho.

but shoot, you might as well just hit up both and compare.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
that 3-piece group made it to BET. lol @ them singing in the nail sailon. i guess thats how they got their skills up before the deal?

men of vizion was dope, and were signed to michael jackson. you ever heard this joint? the lazy-man anthem.

i never even heard this.
just stumbled upon it, saw mr cheeks, and hit copy & paste.

Nah i havent heard those & they were doing the nail shop bids when they had their local WGCI fame.