....................THE YEAR IS 1999

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
HISTORY RIGHT HERE.

:popcorn:

i cant find a link to that episode of mtv live or whatever that had them performing. jay-z had brought jaz-o & amil up there to do "jigga what, jigga who". jaz-o had the crowd like :ooh:. i have that part on vhs. once i remember where i put my cords and figure out how to port this stuff, its really gonna be on. cuz i got alot of "you had to be there" type chit.

hkl.jpg

DISREGARD THE 2000 ISH IN THE TITLE.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
final season of "in the house".

man, they had lark voorhies & maia campbell in their prime. shame what happened to them.

:sadcam:

inthehouse1.jpg

classic cut. dru hill LEGENDS.
lark voorhies. one of the goats in her prime.:noah:

yall remember when tyreese was hosting mtv jams?

dude had arguably the best slow jam out at the time too.

had prime maia campbell in his 1st 2 videos. why cant i find the video for "sweet lady"?

Last edited:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Middle of High School time frame for me....not exactly sure on the dates but Kurupt 'Kuruption' was an album we played a lot mainly the Westcoast disc, Tupac was still very heavily played on the westcoast, Cypress Hill, little bit of No Limit, heavy Wu Tang, probably listened to Redman 'Muddy Waters' every day. Anything that was good to smoke to heh. Also a lot of random underground music and those Napster tracks like Benefit 'I want a midget' and Atmosphere 'Scapegoat'

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
CANT LIE.

I GOT A COUPLE OFF TO THIS DURING THAT IMPORTANT STAGE OF LIFE.

:noah:

images

Daps
God damn '99 was such a dope year. I musta went through 20 bangers alone due to this thread. And we talking mostly about the singles and not the albums.

:blessed:

Makes you put into context the state of music today. I be having a problem trying to come up with a DECENT playlist of 10 songs to bump in the whip.

Sidebar: I remember watching that beatnuts video for the first time and knew I had to get a Puerto Rican chick one day. My lord. :noah:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Middle of High School time frame for me....not exactly sure on the dates but Kurupt 'Kuruption' was an album we played a lot mainly the Westcoast disc, Tupac was still very heavily played on the westcoast, Cypress Hill, little bit of No Limit, heavy Wu Tang, probably listened to Redman 'Muddy Waters' every day. Anything that was good to smoke to heh. Also a lot of random underground music and those Napster tracks like Benefit 'I want a midget' and Atmosphere 'Scapegoat'

im surprised nobody dropped this joint in here yet:

speaking of sprite commercials, 1st couple times i heard this, i thought that it was a sprite commercial.

dead serious b.:manny:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
im surprised nobody dropped this joint in here yet:

speaking of sprite commercials, 1st couple times i heard this, i thought that it was a sprite commercial.

dead serious b.:manny:

HAHA I never thought of that but yea...

Wasn't sure how well Kurupt was recieved on the eastcoast even though hes from Philly, he tried with that 'eastcoast' disc on it but it just wasn't as good as the westcoast disc IMO.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
WHO REMEMBER STATION ZERO!!!???

that show was great. i heard they took it off mtv, cuz they didnt allow much input(if any) from mtv. i heard they changed the name of the show after leaving mtv.

SPIN - Google Books

for those that dont know, it was like a hip-hop version of beavis & butthead, sort of. a cartoon based on a few kids filming a public access show from a basement, where they critiqued videos. it was great. used to watch it darn near everyday when it was on mtv. i cant find any video links for nothin tho.

Last edited: