The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MS fukkin up! I was pumped for this but now I might wait 1-2 years. I don’t think enough games will be ready for launch honestly...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

tenor.gif

Yikes at those results.

The fact they promised AC gameplay and didn't is why I gave it a C. That's some foul shyt.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
So, I wasn't impressed by what I saw.

I think this was more of a showing of the partnership of these studios with Microsoft regarding smart delivery.

For that, I'm happy. My son isn't getting a series S or X; hell be getting my X1X, so the fact that I don't have to purchase the same thing multiple times is great.

Not only that, for those who aren't going to be first adopters, if they get the game Xbox, they'll lean more to staying Xbox because of the protection of their 2020 purchases.

Good shyt.

I'll say, the fact that Sony has been quiet on the smart delivery front should be a bit concerning for non-early adopters who are eventually planning to cop the PS5.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Either way I'm more curious about their first party event in July. Now that's where we truly judge the XSX.
I don’t know why people are acting confused.

They literally laid their entire next gen plans out. This was always advertised as a way to showcase some 3rd party games that were planned to start launching this summer/fall.

I think it was good. Lots of games I had no idea existed from studios that could use the extra spotlight.

People on the internet just like to complain. Obviously the huge games from big publishers will come. But most of them are big enough for their own events.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

They literally laid their entire next gen plans out. This was always advertised as a way to showcase some 3rd party games that were planned to start launching this summer/fall.

I think it was good. Lots of games I had no idea existed from studios that could use the extra spotlight.

People on the internet just like to complain. Obviously the huge games from big publishers will come. But most of them are big enough for their own events.
Yea, this showing was about giving a platform to some studios who agree to smart delivery; that was the main attraction.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the problem was the fact they talked it up like "first look at next gen gameplay" but then not only showed hardly any gameplay, the gameplay wouldn't even look different since this was cross gen games on a stream that was 30fps. Ray tracing, higher res details etc won't be easily noticed in a stream. Cross gen games no matter how you slice it will not look THAT different in a stream. Then to top it off the gameplay snippets were hardly interesting as they don't look different from anything out now and then the worst offender was hyping up Ass Creed Valhalla and then not showing any gameplay for it. Gameplay would be showing real time gameplay snippets not in engine cutscenes in a trailer.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Like I said most these games are cross-gen. Most launch titles do not look that great. IMO AC Blackflag didn't look that good. What I didn't like was the lack of gameplay which was promised. Either way iirc MS said to keep expectations tempered.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They didn’t.

They always said it would be a cinematic trailer with some gameplay.

What the hell info y’all be reading?
They first said gameplay but last minute changed it up.

Ubisoft | Welcome to the official Ubisoft website
Right on their homepage
WORLD PREMIERE OF ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA
Tune in this Thursday at 8AM PDT / 5PM CEST for a first look at Assassin's Creed Valhalla gameplay during the First Look Xbox Series X Gameplay on Inside Xbox!
Assassin's Creed Valhalla "Gameplay" Debuts At Inside Xbox
First Xbox Series X gameplay coming May 7

Yeah I seen a Ubisoft rep change it up last minute on Twitter but still. That was underwhelming for a first look. We already seen a CG trailer then you show a cinematic trailer when you said tune in for gameplay? This is not anything against Xbox it was just the stream was underwhelming. Sony could do the same mistake and people would complain as they have done in the past few years.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Unfortunately true. We're almost at the point of diminishing returns graphically.

Framerate is the frontier for me next gen.

Not quite. Ray Tracing, and related tech will be the leap for the next 2 or 3 generations, as hardware and techniques allow it without killing performance.

MS fukkin up! I was pumped for this but now I might wait 1-2 years. I don’t think enough games will be ready for launch honestly...

The July 1st part event is where we really go. I don't expect anything crazy until Halo Infinite, and maybe the mystery AAA RPG we're hearing about.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Yep this is the tweet I was talking about. People.... I wasn't impressed with but I say we should all relax. These are third parties. Like I said we should be more curious about the first party event to know whats REALLY up to see if half their games really look like THIS.

Yall remember the motioncap debate about Hellblade 2 well... We'll finally see who was right.