DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
My Series X came in today.

First game I installed was Fight Night Champion. :mjlol:

First thoughts are that I'm not terribly fond of the home screen/menu. It seems needlessly busy, but I imagine that part of this is just due to it being different, and I can customize it down to being closer to my minimalist taste.

Not crazy about the controller right now, either. Also thinking it's just because it's new, but the sticks don't have the resistance I'm used to, and the face buttons could use to be a little clicker for my taste. D-pad is nice, as compared to having four directional buttons in the general shape of a d-pad. Muscle memory is definitely fighting me over the placement of the sticks, though.

Queued up some games to install overnight z and should have some time during "lunch' to fukk around a bit and get used to things.
Thoughts?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thoughts?

It's pretty cool. My issues with the controller are, as I expected, mostly due to unfamiliarity. I think I've fukked up every single button prompt for X, since my brain immediately thinks of the X placement on my DualSense. :mjlol:

GamePass is a great value, but I'd say that as of right now, if we're being completely honest, it's only a system selling feature if you're already familiar with the Microsoft catalog. I planned on using this as an easy refresher on the past 20 years of XBox (this the first XBox I've ever owned. My previous exposure has been playing friends' systems), but it's a LOT of the franchises I don't really care for. I'm still going to give them a try, but I'm not anticipating falling in love with Halo or Gears out of the blue, for example. I downloaded Master Chief Collection, and figured I'd start with Halo: CE. Bad idea. That shyt plays like a 20 year old game in all the wrong ways for me. Still gonna try the rest of them, though.

There are some weird absences from Gamepass, too. You can play virtually every main Doom game ever made......except for Doom 2016, which is odd. I wanted to play Wolfenstein 2, but for whatever reason, they've got everything BUT that on there.

It is nice to be able to try out smaller games at no expense other than bandwidth, though. For example, West of Dead is a game I've thought looked cool, but would probably not bother to buy. Grabbed it from GamePass, and found out it's pretty fun.

Still not crazy about the user interface, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. For now, it's something to just fukk around with since it doesn't currently have a game that's a must have specifically for the X, but that's par for the course with any new system. Assuming the games come through, this'll pay off for me down the line.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
It's pretty cool. My issues with the controller are, as I expected, mostly due to unfamiliarity. I think I've fukked up every single button prompt for X, since my brain immediately thinks of the X placement on my DualSense. :mjlol:

GamePass is a great value, but I'd say that as of right now, if we're being completely honest, it's only a system selling feature if you're already familiar with the Microsoft catalog. I planned on using this as an easy refresher on the past 20 years of XBox (this the first XBox I've ever owned. My previous exposure has been playing friends' systems), but it's a LOT of the franchises I don't really care for. I'm still going to give them a try, but I'm not anticipating falling in love with Halo or Gears out of the blue, for example. I downloaded Master Chief Collection, and figured I'd start with Halo: CE. Bad idea. That shyt plays like a 20 year old game in all the wrong ways for me. Still gonna try the rest of them, though.

There are some weird absences from Gamepass, too. You can play virtually every main Doom game ever made......except for Doom 2016, which is odd. I wanted to play Wolfenstein 2, but for whatever reason, they've got everything BUT that on there.

It is nice to be able to try out smaller games at no expense other than bandwidth, though. For example, West of Dead is a game I've thought looked cool, but would probably not bother to buy. Grabbed it from GamePass, and found out it's pretty fun.

Still not crazy about the user interface, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. For now, it's something to just fukk around with since it doesn't currently have a game that's a must have specifically for the X, but that's par for the course with any new system. Assuming the games come through, this'll pay off for me down the line.
Halo:CE is heat. Flip that FOV to 120 n enjoy. Makes it feell faster Maybe even more fun with a co op friend. Let me know n I’ll play the campaign with you

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey brehs I'm a casual gamer (Have only played my ps4 a handful of times in the last 6 months) and was after some advice. Posting this in here as I don't want the cosole wars from the sony fans ( I may eventually get the ps5 if I get back into gaming), let me know if I should post elsewhere.
I don't think there's any sony exclusive that I really need to play other than if a newer detroit become human.
My PC which I bought for mainly watching youtube browsing the net etc is an i5-4670, 8gb ram and off the top of my head a nvidia geforce 1060.
Would it be easier just to buy an xbox controller (under the assumption pc has native support for xbox controller) and use the game pass on pc? Would I be able to play all games on pc that are available on gamepass on the xbox console? Can you get fight night on the pc?
Or would I be better off getting an xbox console and which one?
xbox one s vs xbox series s or is it going to be worth the extra bucks for the series x. Main thing I want is to use gamepass and a few multiplatform games,
Also my son is 5 almost 6 and started getting into gaming so that's worth noting. He's asking for a nintendo switch which I'm planning on getting for his birthday.
Sorry for the long rant just a few drink's deep after a late finish at work.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Hey brehs I'm a casual gamer (Have only played my ps4 a handful of times in the last 6 months) and was after some advice. Posting this in here as I don't want the cosole wars from the sony fans ( I may eventually get the ps5 if I get back into gaming), let me know if I should post elsewhere.
I don't think there's any sony exclusive that I really need to play other than if a newer detroit become human.
My PC which I bought for mainly watching youtube browsing the net etc is an i5-4670, 8gb ram and off the top of my head a nvidia geforce 1060.
Would it be easier just to buy an xbox controller (under the assumption pc has native support for xbox controller) and use the game pass on pc? Would I be able to play all games on pc that are available on gamepass on the xbox console? Can you get fight night on the pc?
xbox one s vs xbox series s or is it going to be worth the extra bucks for the series x. Main thing I want is to use gamepass and a few multiplatform games,
Also my son is 5 almost 6 and started getting into gaming so that's worth noting. He's asking for a nintendo switch which I'm planning on getting for his birthday.
To get an xbox controller to work on your PC you need to buy the xbox wireless adapter. It's not expensive and it's universal for MS stuff going forward, works with Xbox One controllers and Series X|S controllers even the new Xbox Headphones.

Game Pass has a good number of overlapping games for PC and Xbox but theu are different. Game Pass ultimate gets you access to PC and Xbox though.

If you a casual gamer and don't mind $15 a month I don't see how you can lose.

PS is betting on having amazing exclusives. That's great but I think a casual gamer would benefit from Game Pass the most. The cost of game pass is the price of 3-4 retail games a year. Easily worth it.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
1.Not all gamepass games is on pc

2. this aint the 90s, any pc game within the last 10 years got controller supoort. N if your pc got bluetooth you DONT need the xbox wireless adapter. That was required for gen one controllers but gen 2 xbox one and Series S/X got bluetooth.

3. Never had a series s so cant give a user review. However the series x horsepower n double the SSD drive space makes the s a hard sell if budget aint an issue.

4. Fight night champion has backwards compatibility on Xbox. Both one s, one x, series s, n series x.

5. The switch is dope, n at this point in its lifetime you got a good amount of games to get for it. N if you wanna introduce your son to the classics, the online is 20 a year that includes a good amount of NES n SNES classics.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks a lot brothers, clarified a few points. If I'm getting the switch within 6 months anyway which would you recommend as a secondary option for myself and also my son if he decides he also wants to play some Microsoft exclusives. My current PC with a controller which I have to purchase or a console? Would my current pc handle most games decently on gamepass (I don't need 4k 120 fps but don't want a buggy mess either)? with the console with everything I've read or heard especially with price of storage expansion I didn't really see any point in getting a series s vs a series x so was just wanting some confirmation. But in saying that would it worth getting a one s digital (I strictly download games, fuk a resale of an old game) since I'd already have a switch in the household or is there some compelling reason for me to get the series x?

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Thanks a lot brothers, clarified a few points. If I'm getting the switch within 6 months anyway which would you recommend as a secondary option for myself and also my son if he decides he also wants to play some Microsoft exclusives. My current PC with a controller which I have to purchase or a console? Would my current pc handle most games decently on gamepass (I don't need 4k 120 fps but don't want a buggy mess either)? with the console with everything I've read or heard especially with price of storage expansion I didn't really see any point in getting a series s vs a series x so was just wanting some confirmation. But in saying that would it worth getting a one s digital (I strictly download games, fuk a resale of an old game) since I'd already have a switch in the household or is there some compelling reason for me to get the series x?
Get the wireless adapter for ur controller. U could use Bluetooth in ur pc, but that’s probably going to have a lot of input delay

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’d say if you are casual and just want to mess around with Gamepass get a Series S.

Gaming on PC can get complicated/frustrating if you just want to sit down and play. Also Gamepass on pc is missing a lot of great games that are on Xbox.

Right now the series S is cheaper than the one S, which has been discontinued, so it makes no sense to get a one S.

You will be more than satisfied with the Series S coming from a PS4.

Only reason to get the Series X is if you got some extra money and a really good tv to play it on.