The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
A few were definitely in denial. It's obvious they were waiting for the deal to be officially closed to state that Bethesda releases will largely be Xbox exclusive.

Not to say this to give them some slack but that being said, they think in the space of how console sales have gone on traditionally. Installed user base, easy to count and to account for. Microsoft, part necessity, part ingenuity, is going about this differently as only one with that much money can. I think that they should realize that the battle of attrition is on and Sony better squad up.

Like, for most of us, myself included, we all know where we stand. I'm a mulitplatform gamer with a clear preference for the Xbox side of the fence. That said, I see their plans and it makes sense. I'm ironically going to be one of the last holdouts on game pass as I do like the shiny boxes and physical media, :yeshrug: financially, I'm fortunate enough to say that it doesn't bother the bottom line. However, most people buy digital than physical nowadays. However, Sony has to be feeling a bit tight right now. Let's say if Microsoft buys a Sega or a Capcom, they are not Nintendo, they can't weather that storm. Microsoft is now doing things that Microsoft does when they get their shyt together and they have a singular goal. Took a very long scenic route to get here but here we are. The crazy thing is, none of this is hard to figure out. Microsoft's moves are always very transparent to see. They just have enough money to bully you when they want to open the warchest up.

Think about the other subscription services. I've used Netflix in all my years of having a subscription, to just watch four things, stranger things, 13 reasons why, avatar and castlevania and I keep the sub going. If Microsoft gets the timing right and begins to hit you with AAA gaming every two months, that brings in people. Even before this acquisition, they were pretty diverse but now it's crazy to even think. You might not like every game but there will be enough to keep you there and as the numbers grow, smaller third parties and indies will go and get exposure to millions of people who wouldn't know your game otherwise.

I think the takeaway from this is that Microsoft has bigger plans in gaming than the other two platforms holders have because they simply can't afford to to what Microsoft is capable of doing so if the next frontier of gaming is to be fought in the cloud, Microsoft has already won as they already have Azure in place, Game Pass getting more people to join in so it is possible that we are just watching the actions leading up to the coronation in the future.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Not to say this to give them some slack but that being said, they think in the space of how console sales have gone on traditionally. Installed user base, easy to count and to account for. Microsoft, part necessity, part ingenuity, is going about this differently as only one with that much money can. I think that they should realize that the battle of attrition is on and Sony better squad up.

Like, for most of us, myself included, we all know where we stand. I'm a mulitplatform gamer with a clear preference for the Xbox side of the fence. That said, I see their plans and it makes sense. I'm ironically going to be one of the last holdouts on game pass as I do like the shiny boxes and physical media, :yeshrug: financially, I'm fortunate enough to say that it doesn't bother the bottom line. However, most people buy digital than physical nowadays. However, Sony has to be feeling a bit tight right now. Let's say if Microsoft buys a Sega or a Capcom, they are not Nintendo, they can't weather that storm. Microsoft is now doing things that Microsoft does when they get their shyt together and they have a singular goal. Took a very long scenic route to get here but here we are. The crazy thing is, none of this is hard to figure out. Microsoft's moves are always very transparent to see. They just have enough money to bully you when they want to open the warchest up.

Think about the other subscription services. I've used Netflix in all my years of having a subscription, to just watch four things, stranger things, 13 reasons why, avatar and castlevania and I keep the sub going. If Microsoft gets the timing right and begins to hit you with AAA gaming every two months, that brings in people. Even before this acquisition, they were pretty diverse but now it's crazy to even think. You might not like every game but there will be enough to keep you there and as the numbers grow, smaller third parties and indies will go and get exposure to millions of people who wouldn't know your game otherwise.

I think the takeaway from this is that Microsoft has bigger plans in gaming than the other two platforms holders have because they simply can't afford to to what Microsoft is capable of doing so if the next frontier of gaming is to be fought in the cloud, Microsoft has already won as they already have Azure in place, Game Pass getting more people to join in so it is possible that we are just watching the actions leading up to the coronation in the future.

I agree. Xbox becoming the Netflix of gaming is a master move by Phil that honestly no one really saw coming. Gamepass in millions of homes, bundled with everyone's smart TVs, PCs, tablets, Android/iPhones and all you'd need is a controller. In hindsight, the Xbox One's push to becoming an always online service was too ahead of its time. It didn't seem realistic or wanted back then.

I don't think Sega or Capcom will get bought out. Timed exclusives maybe.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sega might get scooped

Before RE2 remake and MHW... capcom probably could have got scooped too.

Capcom caught there stride (even if it's with old Ips) and are making bread now.

Sega has nothing to lose and everything to gain

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sega might get scooped

Before RE2 remake and MHW... capcom probably could have got scooped too.

Capcom caught there stride (even if it's with old Ips) and are making bread now.

Sega has nothing to lose and everything to gain

I mean, if we're calling everything even, Bethesda isn't exactly a factory of new IPs either. Hits are hits no matter where they came from.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I still can’t find one retail, yall haallpp :damn:

I have zoo alerts and everytime I click on a link it’s already sold out.

I don’t know what to do, I’ve lost hope, I thought I’d be able to walk in a store and pick one up by now.:mjcry:

where should i be looking for better alerts.
I got mine on amazon after clicking this thread n somebody postin about a drop. Just gotta keep rollin the dice, i know your pain:(

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
I still can’t find one retail, yall haallpp :damn:

I have zoo alerts and everytime I click on a link it’s already sold out.

I don’t know what to do, I’ve lost hope, I thought I’d be able to walk in a store and pick one up by now.:mjcry:

where should i be looking for better alerts.
I can’t speak for all stores but I work for geek squad at Best Buy in Miami and recently a lot of employees have been low key scooping up ps5s and Xbox’s that have become available from leftover pre orders. U could walk in and ask and get lucky. Doesn’t hurt.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
They would still recoup that with multiplat, breh.

They are not sharing because it will limit their gsmepass ecosystem. They have stated time and time again its Gamepass or nothing. Subscriptions is where rhe money is.... Microsoft Office Microsoft Teams Netflix etc..
They all have subscribers... Sony will have to bite the bullet or create their own form of Gamepass not no PSNow