The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
And you killed them kids right? I didn't read beyond that, but I'm sure that's what you did.
Nah, ha.

I was fukking TIGHT.

But, my wife has been ultra protective about covid so they haven't been able to go outside like they want.

We live in Brooklyn NY, in an apartment so we don't just have a backyard.

They are kids and this period is hard on them so it's expected they'll be a bit more rambunctious.

It's my fault as well, I shouldn't have left it on the floor under the mounted tv even for a day.

Also, I cant be a hypocrite and tell them how to control their emotions meanwhile I'm on some scorched earth policy because of this.

Took the wind out of my sail, though. I had hitman 3 pre-downloaded.

Luckily, my oldest has a series S and I still have a One X.

That being said...it just ain't the same as playing on my Series:mjcry:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just got it in Walmart.

My situation is crazy.

Gave my mother in law our tv stand and the day after, the Series X was toppled over by my kids and the hdmi broke effectively making the console unable to use an HDMI.

Luckily, I had until Jan 25 to get a.replacement or refund.

I opted for the refund.

Sent in the series X. My money will be refunded.

Just copped a new Series X. Thank the video game gods.

Xbox - even though I'm was in warranty - tried to say hdmi damage is outside of warranty and it would cost 300 to repair.

FOH.
Wait so did you get the money back?

that shouldn’t be too difficult of a repair for you to do it yourself.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Wait so did you get the money back?

that shouldn’t be too difficult of a repair for you to do it yourself.
I got the money back.

I usually would have tried to. I've dissembled many controllers to repair bumpers.

I saw the DIY videos and having to solder a new hdmi on hardware this new freaked me out a bit so I didn't feel comfortable doing it.

Another thing...

Thank God for remote play.

I was worried about bringing the console beach without being able to factory reset. Light bulb went up before boxing it up.

I turned it on and used my phone to remote play and went through the menu to factory reset.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I got the money back.

I usually would have tried to. I've dissembled many controllers to repair bumpers.

I saw the DIY videos and having to solder a new hdmi on hardware this new freaked me out a bit so I didn't feel comfortable doing it.
Oh yeah if you got the money back it’s not worth it. I thought you were stuck with the broken console.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
So lately i been havin an issue with controllers. When one dies n i swap out the batteries, it just blinks n wont sync to the xbox unless i unplug the xbox n plug back in. Got booted from a match for bein AFK. Prolly gonna get reported. Microsoft needs to drop a firmware update, cuz i hesrd other people havin issues too.:francis:
got an extra one from gamestop with a warranty shorty told me i could basically swap it out every year for free before the warranty runs out...but what ima do is swap the controller that came with the console so ill always have two fresh one's on deck :shaq:

Daps
If anyone has issues with the controller, I found a fix.

Instead of hitting the Xbox-logo button on your controller and turning it "off", you have to hold down the Xbox button on the console itself.

Turning it off with your controller means that it'll reboot instantly to the store/home page. If you hold down the button for a few seconds on the console itself...it's not just in rest mode but actually powered down and when you restart....it'll take a few seconds to get back to the home screen instead of being instant.

This seemed to fix the weird controller issues where it would randomly stop connecting and flash for no reason.