The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I wish they’d just optimised these Japanese games FF15 and Soul Calibur 6 meant for XBOX one looking jaggy as hell at 720p and not upscaled at all :hhh: but I guess that’s the Series S in a sense some games will look like the Mona Lisa others (backward compatible ones) will look straight basura

I’m guessing they are the ones that were created for OG XBONE not the XBOX one X

Real talk, I would go for the Series S if it could run the Xbox One X profile of backward compatible games, the Xbox One X is still very capable hardware. It's too much of a sacrifice so I will get the Series X at some point.

Daps
Real talk, I would go for the Series S if it could run the Xbox One X profile of backward compatible games, the Xbox One X is still very capable hardware. It's too much of a sacrifice so I will get the Series X at some point.

Sekiro Injustice 2 and doom look great

Final Fantasy 15 and Soul calibur 6 look like:hhh:

My TV doesn’t have HDR :francis:

I can’t even get games to 120fps because of my TV not the series S

Until I get a new TV I won’t be able to fully experience the new Gen

It’s not about price it’s how do I get rid of my big ol 55 inch 1080p Samsung :francis:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just got my replacement Elite Series 2 back. Came in bubble wrap and a plain box, so no way to tell if it's new. If it isn't, it was expertly detailed, because I can't tell. They had me send it in without thumbsticks, paddles, etc., but came with all of that, so free thumbsticks and paddles:ehh:. All it has on the back is the model number, so I am trying to see if there is a way to determine the revision and/or build date by serial, but ai don't think that exists. The industry logos on the back are different, so I think that's a good sign. If anyone cares, I'll update if I find anything else out. So far, if you have an Elite S2 and have issues, it appears MS is doing right by people, but we shall see.

EDIT: I missed my baby :noah: People saying there is no difference between the OG and Series 2, no sir. Been using my OG the past week plus, big difference. Changing stick tension alone is big.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This is what dictator (Digital Foundry guy) says on resetera about Xbox tools.

People may be making jokes about the tools getting better here - but I have Heard that build performance has indeed increased over time since launch on XSX. GPU Compiler and Stuff can be pretty important for GPU Performance!

Just saying.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Thinking about coppin that Xbox Elite Controller
Great purchase.

Yes, there are durability issues...but the the Elite 2 is so good that it's a great purchase EVEN WITH THOSE risks.

I really can't go back to any other controller, even the Series X controller.

It's that good.

And I respect what others say in the thread but....there is a night and day difference between the elite 1 and 2. And I LOVED the elite 1.