The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I got it for a few reasons it’s small so I don’t need to move any consoles that are on the cabinet into storage, it’s my first foray into the world of Xbox and an upgrade on my base PS4, I can’t actually upgrade to 4K because I need to get rid of the 55 inch 1080 I bought first and I’ll probably get a PS5 down the line anyway. And I wanted to save a little paper but still be an early adopter.
nothing wrong with that breh do what works for you...i just look at from this perspective if u game heavy and get a Series S and then buy that expensive ass external SSD you might as well got the Series X anyway...and i know ppl are gonna do that too if they havent already

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nothing wrong with that breh do what works for you...i just look at from this perspective if u game heavy and get a Series S and then buy that expensive ass external SSD you might as well got the Series X anyway...and i know ppl are gonna do that too if they havent already

Yeah, I wish I would've done my homework and just gone for the X when I had a chance. I'm waiting for it to restock rather than grab that memory card.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Few quick impressions of Series X

-UI is more or less the same but navigation is alot faster and doesn't have the lag that was present in the One X. Video trailers load near instantly
-Boots up from sleep mode noticeably quicker than One X
-Controller is the same but that's fine since the previous Xbox controller is great. I like the little bumps on the back the controller and the triggers though. Clicky dpad is an improvement
-Can already see the benefits of quick resume. Makes life easier when juggling multiple games.
-Gamepass is still dope. EA Play is a boost to the catalogue even though I don't care for a lot of EA's output.

Daps
Reppin
Hamburg, Germany
anyone else disliking the xaby buttons on the new controller? i gotta push them down all the way, or the presses often wont register, especially noticably on the x and y buttons while playing something like diablo 3 for me...

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
anyone else disliking the xaby buttons on the new controller? i gotta push them down all the way, or the presses often wont register, especially noticably on the x and y buttons while playing something like diablo 3 for me...
I’m starting to notice the same on games where timing is important. Can’t parry shyt in Jedi taken order now

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I just noticed the controller is heavier compared to the standard one x controller. Buttons feels the same.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
well I’ll be damn

I was so in love with my OG elite controller that when I got the XSX, I didn’t even bother taking the controller out the box...but I literally just decided to give it a try and the shyt feels really damn good in my hand and it everything feels tighter too...I might just sell my elite controller :ehh:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
well I’ll be damn

I was so in love with my OG elite controller that when I got the XSX, I didn’t even bother taking the controller out the box...but I literally just decided to give it a try and the shyt feels really damn good in my hand and it everything feels tighter too...I might just sell my elite controller :ehh:
Try the Series 2 :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Try the Series 2 :wow:

I was going to when it first dropped...and had actually ordered it a couple of days ago from amazon but canceled the order bcuz I’m still reading the same complaints re: sticks drifting and/or sticky ‘A/Y’ buttons out the box on multiple review sites/videos...I’ve seen far too many complaints and heard it’s basically a crapshoot at this point...a lot of complaints said the problems exist out the box...others have said they experienced it after a couple months...for $180 I shouldn’t be seeing so many of those types of persistent complaints even a year after it’s release...definitely wasn’t worth the hassle especially since I didn’t see much change anyway from the first one

I’m liking the stock XSX controller tho...noticed it’s even a bit smaller in hand...about to play cyberpunk for a little bit and see how it feels

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m liking the stock XSX controller tho...noticed it’s even a bit smaller in hand...about to play cyberpunk for a little bit and see how it feels

naaaaah shyt is too narrow at the top...it doesn’t feel right when I’m playing with it...I guess I’m too accustomed to the elite controller...shyt was just molded for my hands

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I was going to when it first dropped...and had actually ordered it a couple of days ago from amazon but canceled the order bcuz I’m still reading the same complaints re: sticks drifting and/or sticky ‘A/Y’ buttons out the box on multiple review sites/videos...I’ve seen far too many complaints and heard it’s basically a crapshoot at this point...a lot of complaints said the problems exist out the box...others have said they experienced it after a couple months...for $180 I shouldn’t be seeing so many of those types of persistent complaints even a year after it’s release...definitely wasn’t worth the hassle especially since I didn’t see much change anyway from the first one

I don't get these complaints. I've had zero issues. My OG had a grip loosen, but that was it. My Series 2 is pretty much like day one.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
naaaaah shyt is too narrow at the top...it doesn’t feel right when I’m playing with it...I guess I’m too accustomed to the elite controller...shyt was just molded for my hands
Looking at the one and series controllers side by side you cant tell the size difference but i def noticed it playing. I think the d pad changes were great but wish the controller was bigger. Seems they shaved the grips too. Id welcome a modern layout duke controller

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Looks very intriguing.

But, I think I speak for a lot of brehs...

Don't show me this unless you're giving THAT level of detail at 60fps.

I'm as much of an Xbox stan as the next breh; that still doesn't keep me from expecting the experience they keep pushing.

That being said...I'm looking forward to this game.