The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
shyt's crazy breh.
I won't front, I wasn't even expecting 2080 performance.
:wow: I can't wait for what games are gonna look like in a few years :wow:
As well as games already existing, this finna feel like when you buy that new pc that eats up all the games your old one couldn’t handle. Final fantasy 15 at a rock solid 60 FPS gonna be insane

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
<----- Time stamps for the brehs

**Slight advantages with near identical results.
They also said that with optimizations it should perform even better than a 2080 (mesh shading, VRS, etc.) at which
point it should run the game faster than a 2080.

It was also being compared against a computer with 16 cores & 64gb's alongside that RTX 2080 for reference.

:ohhh:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

The hardware ray tracing solution in the XSX is 13TF by itself.

Inside Xbox Series X: the full specs

The ray tracing difference
RDNA 2 fully supports the latest DXR Tier 1.1 standard, and similar to the Turing RT core, it accelerates the creation of the so-called BVH structures required to accurately map ray traversal and intersections, tested against geometry. In short, in the same way that light 'bounces' in the real world, the hardware acceleration for ray tracing maps traversal and intersection of light at a rate of up to 380 billion intersections per second.

"Without hardware acceleration, this work could have been done in the shaders, but would have consumed over 13 TFLOPs alone," says Andrew Goossen. "For the Series X, this work is offloaded onto dedicated hardware and the shader can continue to run in parallel with full performance. In other words, Series X can effectively tap the equivalent of well over 25 TFLOPs of performance while ray tracing."

It is important to put this into context, however. While workloads can operate at the same time, calculating the BVH structure is only one component of the ray tracing procedure. The standard shaders in the GPU also need to pull their weight, so elements like the lighting calculations are still run on the standard shaders, with the DXR API adding new stages to the GPU pipeline to carry out this task efficiently. So yes, RT is typically associated with a drop in performance and that carries across to the console implementation, but with the benefits of a fixed console design, we should expect to see developers optimise more aggressively and also to innovate. The good news is that Microsoft allows low-level access to the RT acceleration hardware.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I've never seen a company this confident in their launch :ehh:

Halo Infinite at launch plus X cloud should have all talks and good sales in MS' direction come holidays. Seeing as I'm not much of a power caring type, if the lockhart is cost efficient, I might pick that up, or sub to Xcloud. either way, MS will eat this coming gen, I'm sure of it.