The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What’s wrong with it?

It makes a loud continual beeping noise when I try to do play any XSX optimized game. Unoptimized games run fine. Apps run fine. The optimized game itself seems to run fine, the console just makes this noise when playing it.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Major upgrade in my opinion.:manny: Player movement 100% better. Feels like a completely different game. New camera angle is:banderas:
That's probably just stable high framerate tricking you. They ain't upgrade nothing but the graphics breh.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Yea my internal is already 56% full, and its only 5 games installed: Gears5, FF15, PSO2, Borderlands 3 and Monster Hunter. To be fair tho these are all heavy hitters and at least 70gb. But yea, storage gonna be a thing this gen.

Luckily my 10TB of external space is coming in handing and I got 2TB left on that so when the next gen games come, that'll be enough of testing these enhanced games and back to cold storage they go.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
As I expected that Devil May Cry port is a complete mess and not worth the purchase....the xbox one version is dynamic framerate so hitting 4K 60 gonna be easy. Just gonna buy that 5 dollar vergil dlc in december and call it a day

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ok, turns out my power solution is crap. I have the Xbox plugged into a surge protector along with all my other equipment. Normally this is fine, but since the console is pushing enhanced features, it needs more power. Hence the annoying sound when playing an optimized game.

I plugged the Xbox directly into the wall and have no issues. I have an APC which I will plug it into now (already have my TV plugged into it). I feel silly.:snoop:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Ok, turns out my power solution is crap. I have the Xbox plugged into a surge protector along with all my other equipment. Normally this is fine, but since the console is pushing enhanced features, it needs more power. Hence the annoying sound when playing an optimized game.

I plugged the Xbox directly into the wall and have no issues. I have an APC which I will plug it into now (already have my TV plugged into it). I feel silly.:snoop:
giphy.gif

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

I read that the power surge is built in so they recommend plugging it straight into the wall.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I read that the power surge is built in so they recommend plugging it straight into the wall.

Believe me I feel silly now. I couldn’t figure out why everything but optimized games ran fine. Then I thought about how PC rigs are setup power wise and re-examined my setup. A couple modifications and I’m back.