The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m curious to read user reviews which should drop in the next 30 minutes...metacritic score isn’t horrible...73 for PS4...78 for xbox...I know ppl hate IGN but my gaming preferences usually align with their reviewers...and they gave it an 8...may not be GOTY material but it seems like it could still be a very decent game...I think I’m gonna watch some review clips and give it some serious consideration rather than just dismissing it

Like i said before, I don’t think it’ll be a GREAT genre defining game, but that doesn’t mean it still can’t be fun. My thing is these games get discounted heavy within a couple of months.

By February you’ll be able to pick this up for 30-35 bucks

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like i said before, I don’t think it’ll be a GREAT genre defining game, but that doesn’t mean it still can’t be fun. My thing is these games get discounted heavy within a couple of months.

By February you’ll be able to pick this up for 30-35 bucks

ya but my prime interest is in playing it now since cyberpunk ain’t releasing soon...Q1 is gonna be loaded for PS5 and truthfully I’m not gonna care about this game then

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
ya but my prime interest is in playing it now since cyberpunk ain’t releasing soon...Q1 is gonna be loaded for PS5 and truthfully I’m not gonna care about this game then

I’m not gonna lie even with the mixed reviews this game still seems way more appealing to me than assassins creed Valhalla.

I won’t be able to distance myself from the witcher 3 while playing it

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not gonna lie even with the mixed reviews this game still seems way more appealing to me than assassins creed Valhalla.

I won’t be able to distance myself from the witcher 3 while playing it

fukk it...think I’ll just be content with astro bot and the miles morales game and if cyberpunk doesn’t drop in december then I’ll finish either TLOU2 or RDR1...no need for me to force myself to play mediocre games...that’s one thing I gotta stop doing next gen

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
fukk it...think I’ll just be content with astro bot and the miles morales game and if cyberpunk doesn’t drop in december then I’ll finish either TLOU2 or RDR1...no need for me to force myself to play mediocre games...that’s one thing I gotta stop doing next gen

Especially for full price. Too much piff for that.

If I have any downtime (if cyberpunk gets delayed) I’m either copping yakuza, which I’d rather wait for the ps5 version for or go back and play TLOU remastered and TLOU2 back to back.

I’m hoping TLOU2 has upgrades outside of faster loading. Need 60fps

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You not getting a 60fps native 4k watch dogs game with full ray tracing on anything but a spec'd out gaming pc
Let's be clear here. You're not even getting it on that. :mjlol:

I got a 3090 with an i9 and this game is a fukking mess. So it doesn't say anything about the power for the XSX. These developers are trash at optimizing. The game does not look good enough to warrant these performance issues. Neither the GPU or CPU is being utilized properly. Even with ray-tracing off, this game struggles. I hope it's better optimized for consoles but the fact that they're already talking about dropping another patch (after the one today) for all platforms on Nov. 9 tells me otherwise.

And for people saying RT isn't worth the cost of performance, normally I'd agree. But this game doesn't look good without it IMO. Particularly day time.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's be clear here. You're not even getting it on that. :mjlol:

I got a 3090 with an i9 and this game is a fukking mess. So it doesn't say anything about the power for the XSX. These developers are trash at optimizing. The game does not look good enough to warrant these performance issues. Neither the GPU or CPU is being utilized properly. Even with ray-tracing off, this game struggles. I hope it's better optimized for consoles but the fact that they're already talking about dropping another patch (after the one today) for all platforms on Nov. 9 tells me otherwise.

And for people saying RT isn't worth the cost of performance, normally I'd agree. But this game doesn't look good without it IMO. Particularly day time.

Man what engine do they use, and why is it so trash lol.

Every single PC release of watch dogs people struggle with playing the game at max settings upon release.

Optimization must either be a massive headache or they really don't care out the gate lol.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man what engine do they use, and why is it so trash lol.

Every single PC release of watch dogs people struggle with playing the game at max settings upon release.

Optimization must either be a massive headache or they really don't care out the gate lol.
Yeah breh they had me hyped because they were releasing videos talking about how they did a better job optimizing this time around but it's the same shyt. They already delayed this game 7 months. I can't imagine how it would've played at the original release date. I've actually considered locking this game a little below 60FPS just to have a more consistent frametime because of how over the place the framerates are right now.

Crazy thing is I can now run Watch Dogs 2 maxed out no problem at that resolution and it's a much better looking game minus the RT. This is still a last-gen game at the end of the day :snoop: