The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People are so phony with the PC stuff, these so call gamers that aren't gonna get a Xbox because they can get just get a PC and play the exclusives there, but then turn around and say there's no games.

So you're just gonna get a PC to game, outside of your PlayStation for exclusives games...lol which has been like what now? 5 big games total in 7 years?

Yeah ok all that I'm just gonna game on PC talk is just that talk.

Gaming on PC and gaming on consoles are totally different beast.

The closet thing to them having a similar experience as of recently is.....

Gamepass ultimate

Picking a game downloading it and playing.

Outside of that trying to figure out if a game is even coming to PC or when is enough headache to turn people away from gaming on PC would want to play a game that released within the same quarter.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Or like apple; Xbox gen 5

Omega sounds better.. the branding/marketing would've been dope. Xbox Omega - XO - XBOX O - XOX (for an Xbox Omega X version)

Xbox always drops the ball when it comes to naming and branding. Should've just kept with the 360° theme. This would've been the Xbox 1080 (X10 or X80 for short) which would've been a catchier and better sell.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don’t take anyone serious when they call this a PC. Its just a troll assessment. This a machine designed specifically for games and media consumption. It’s designed to be plug and play.
PCs are user customizable/flexible and can run unsigned code.

Based on the rumoured specs, if this launched today it would be as powerful as a great gaming PC. (Ryzen 3700/Nvidia 2070 Super/Nvme storage). Im glad Microsoft is taking the baseline up for consoles and im looking forward to seeing games designed with Nvme storage as standard (its more than just load times), and hybrid ray tracing.

I remember that just last year, people swore that next gen consoles wouldn’t have ray tracing since Nvidia cards were overcharging everyone. Or that next gen consoles would have solid state storage because it would be too expensive. They didnt factor in lower prices or economies of scale when items are bought in bulk.

Even this year you had tech YouTube channels building PC to approximate next gen consoles using inferior GPUs because they underestimated what the specs would be.

Now, here we are with Microsoft talking about 4k/60 targets, options for some games to output titles at 120Hz. Showing tech demos that look like live-action short films and committing to being a power leader. PC gamers are feeling insecure and just dismissing it or saying stuff like my [$1000+] Geforce 2080Ti is better.

Its funny to see.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Been telling cats for generations there aint much difference, they dont drop at the same time for nothing.
They teamed up for the cloud etc... Sick of arguing with cats about microsoft too, I said it before and I'll say it again and again
microsoft is PC since the beginning. They do Xbox for fun, microsoft is an international company who has built computing industry since the 80s
You would have to be incredibly fukking stupid to think you can mess with a juggernaut like them, they could easily put out Xbox : Death Blow and destroy any industry
pertaining to computing software etc. Sony is great and I own all consoles and high end PC... But without Playstation sony folds, they arent even half the company they were in the 90s
Microsoft could buy Sony 4x ... to argue or bicker is corny and shows you have no grasp of reality. These two consoles work together and off eachother to eat, it is only a competition to players
the companies are both laughing all the way to the bank. Both consoles, this generation and next generation are so similar that it doesnt matter which one you have or pick.

we all lose from cats picking sides and riding dikk like females. They could easily just replace the power supply in current consoles and update video cards and we would be gucci. We are getting the low quality mid level PC setup with a dedicated operating system to run these games smoothly. If you own all consoles you understand exactly what's going on with every single system. All this shyt is balanced on purpose and they have some sort of treaty with eachother. What you say is good or bad about one console can easily be countered with another system

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
^ you can easily buy 16gb ram for under 100$

this video card is on par with something you can buy for 450$

what you arent account for is that this drop, will change the market and that same card will become 300$
by looking ahead or behind you miss the point of whats now. Same way when the last generation dropped, then they did the PRO and the ONE X
you could have already had that for the same price since the beginning.

Look to sum up what I'm saying, because I'm team Xbox and all systems
You are saying a 550$ upgrade will equal the series X ... but you are looking towards the future
that future was a reality 2-3 years ago for the same price as you're going to pay in 2021
same way you jumped to a high high price point in a 1200$ video card... which will give you play and capabilities for the next 8-10 years.
paying that now for a graphics card... is the same as paying 550$ now and then 600$ for an upgrade in 7 years.
either way you are getting the same thing but at different times, its apples and oranges.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That's the point my dude. Why shell out all that money for the console when you can just play their decent looking games on your already owned PC? Even if you don't own a PC yet, you will then be able to play the Microsoft games and then all the cool ass games they put out on PC for Steam etc...

It's becoming clear the wave of the next 5 years is just invest in a gaming PC.
It's Clear you don't have friends. :francis:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Been telling cats for generations there aint much difference, they dont drop at the same time for nothing.
They teamed up for the cloud etc... Sick of arguing with cats about microsoft too, I said it before and I'll say it again and again
microsoft is PC since the beginning. They do Xbox for fun, microsoft is an international company who has built computing industry since the 80s
You would have to be incredibly fukking stupid to think you can mess with a juggernaut like them, they could easily put out Xbox : Death Blow and destroy any industry
pertaining to computing software etc. Sony is great and I own all consoles and high end PC... But without Playstation sony folds, they arent even half the company they were in the 90s
Microsoft could buy Sony 4x ... to argue or bicker is corny and shows you have no grasp of reality. These two consoles work together and off eachother to eat, it is only a competition to players
the companies are both laughing all the way to the bank. Both consoles, this generation and next generation are so similar that it doesnt matter which one you have or pick.

we all lose from cats picking sides and riding dikk like females. They could easily just replace the power supply in current consoles and update video cards and we would be gucci. We are getting the low quality mid level PC setup with a dedicated operating system to run these games smoothly. If you own all consoles you understand exactly what's going on with every single system. All this shyt is balanced on purpose and they have some sort of treaty with eachother. What you say is good or bad about one console can easily be countered with another system

I agree with you that there is a level of collusion. But I will say that both companies are trying to outdo the other and they are still trying to compete. Money spent on PlayStation doesn't net MS anything.

Also, you hit the nail on the head. MS has a ton of money, they are a juggernaut company. Gaming profits are a relatively small part of the pie.

For Sony, gaming is much more important. Its by far their biggest line of business. They will be more competitive in this area since it matters more.

If they feel that they can’t win in power, they may continue to buy exclusive games or DLC or whatever.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
To all the people talking about specs, you do realize you don't have enough info to be talking like if anything is finalized. So be it Sony or PC gamer, you shook at the fact xbox coming for that #1 spot.

Gamepass already gives it the win, hellblade 2 is a gamepass title :wow:

Fight night champion will never be playable on ps5 :umad:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I don’t take anyone serious when they call this a PC. Its just a troll assessment. This a machine designed specifically for games and media consumption. It’s designed to be plug and play.
PCs are user customizable/flexible and can run unsigned code.

Based on the rumoured specs, if this launched today it would be as powerful as a great gaming PC. (Ryzen 3700/Nvidia 2070 Super/Nvme storage). Im glad Microsoft is taking the baseline up for consoles and im looking forward to seeing games designed with Nvme storage as standard (its more than just load times), and hybrid ray tracing.

I remember that just last year, people swore that next gen consoles wouldn’t have ray tracing since Nvidia cards were overcharging everyone. Or that next gen consoles would have solid state storage because it would be too expensive. They didnt factor in lower prices or economies of scale when items are bought in bulk.

Even this year you had tech YouTube channels building PC to approximate next gen consoles using inferior GPUs because they underestimated what the specs would be.

Now, here we are with Microsoft talking about 4k/60 targets, options for some games to output titles at 120Hz. Showing tech demos that look like live-action short films and committing to being a power leader. PC gamers are feeling insecure and just dismissing it or saying stuff like my [$1000+] Geforce 2080Ti is better.

Its funny to see.
Some even saying 8k. Not sure how true that is. People forget that it use to be consoles that were the real foundation for "next gen" not PCs. People forget how powerful the 360 was at launch. Of course PCs becoming more powerful as the gen goes on. But if consoles start upgrading like smartphones ala Xbox One X then that gap between console and PC may not even be as big as it was. Its only the PS4/Xbox One gen where consoles were weak outside the gate. But I don't ever see that happening again.

Edit: Why do these PC gamers so badly try to convert console gamers? Console gamers see gaming more as an entertainment where as PC gamers see it as a hobby.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Some even saying 8k. Not sure how true that is. People forget that it use to be consoles that were the real foundation for "next gen" not PCs. People forget how powerful the 360 was at launch. Of course PCs becoming more powerful as the gen goes on. But if consoles start upgrading like smartphones ala Xbox One X then that gap between console and PC may not even be as big as it was. Its only the PS4/Xbox One gen where consoles were weak outside the gate. But I don't ever see that happening again.

Edit: Why do these PC gamers so badly try to convert console gamers? Console gamers see gaming more as an entertainment where as PC gamers see it as a hobby.
PC cats are just as goofy as console war stans, they just have more money and are more elitist.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
PC cats are just as goofy as console war stans, they just have more money and are more elitist.
More money? I disagree they just put more money into their hobbies. I can build a powerful gaming rig if I wanted to. I always wanted the most powerful rig when I was a teenager. Now that I am grown I'm like... I can use 1500 usd on a good vacation. Not sure how anyone can be elitist about a hobby.

And no I still thank macs are trash and def not wasting money on them either. I do agree PCs are better than macs.