The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I just want hope. They got me for 3 more years on the OG XB1 :russ:

:manny: that's what I'm saying. All they have to do is show their fanbase the games are coming at least. MS just got these studios so people expecting a bunch of gameplay on top of the trailers for new games, think again, and be a little more realistic out here. You'll be lucky if that.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Microsoft will win in the US next gen. Microsoft has been winning since the new CEO been there and they have his support.

Nadella is that dude. Phil has and is proving himself as well. The cloud gaming is one big reason why they are pushing high frame rates. It helps to mask latency from streaming.

The way I see them positioning themselves, I don't see how the fabled warchest doesn't make an appearance here in this generation. In a way it already has in relation to Azure and the build up it has experienced.

I think about this article a lot.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer made gaming matter to Microsoft

You may have noticed that Xbox boss Phil Spencer is throwing around Microsoft’s hefty wallet. The company has made a number of acquisitions over the last year to shore up its first-party game development. And Spencer explained that he earned the right to do that because Microsoft’s executive team is more interested in gaming than ever.

Spencer was on stage today for a discussion at the Barclays Global Technology, Media, and Telecommunications Conference in San Francisco. And he explained that Microsoft’s gaming division generated more than $10 billion in revenue for the first time during its 2018 fiscal year. Gaming ended that 12-month period as 9.4 percent of Microsoft’s total revenue. And surpassing that threshold turned some heads inside Microsoft.

Amy Hood, our CFO, she likes to tell me I’ve made ‘the spreadsheet,'” Spencer said during a fireside chat (via CNBC). “So she’s going to pay attention.”

Attention means money
Of course, Microsoft has had a gaming division since the Xbox debuted in 2001. But it has operated in something of its own silo until Spencer joined Microsoft chief executive officer Satya Nadella’s executive team in 2017. Quickly after getting that promotion, Spencer began flexing his muscles as the leader of a core pillar of Microsoft’s business.

There is a lot more at the link but the gist is, the whole Xbox division was considered back of the envelope, off the books money at Microsoft until recently. This is about getting people to lock into an ecosystem. They view gaming and cloud gaming particularly as those anchors. They have long lamented that fact that they ceded phones/tablets to iOS and Android devices with their reluctance. They are not about to sit idly and let it happen again.

To me, I've never seen it any other way once I realized who and what Phil and Satya were about and what they were going for. Everyone else is just going to be a bystander to what Microsoft wants to do.

What I realized is that Microsoft had finally conquered their biggest enemy in regards to the Xbox, themselves.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Most games shown were absolutely 30fps, you can watch the digital foundry video yourself. Spiderman is using the same engine as ps4 with slight enhancements and won't be 60 neither will ratchet or horizon.

This is what I was saying in the Spider-Man thread.

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – An update from Insomniac Games

We are also excited for the game to demonstrate the power of PlayStation 5 this holiday. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will show off near-instant loading, ray-tracing, 3D audio and the DualSense controller. We’ve upgraded our characters with 4D scans and improved skin shading for more realistic looking characters and spline-based hair that moves far more naturally. Many of the city’s assets have also been updated to take advantage of the new console. As you experience Miles’s story, you’ll see, hear, and feel things in a whole new way, all thanks to PS5.

They took Spider-Man on the PS4, upped the resolution, character models and other assets. Basically, they are renovating for the PS5 rather than from the ground up, i.e. a cross gen game that doesn't have a PS4 version. I'm not mad about it but it is disingenuous to say that it not that.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This clown stays in Xbox threads saying stupid shyt
Pointing out all the games that are actually 60fps on the PS5 is stupid shyt? That link(Tweaktown) left out so many titles under the 60fps section I'm not shocked some of ya'll was quick to refer to it as if it was the holy grail of news.

Deathloop was confirmed to be 4k/60fps-Not on list
Quantam Error 4K/60fps-Not on list
2K21 4K/60fps-Not on list
Destiny 2 will be 4K/60fps on PS5-Not onlist
Pragmata(Capcom)60fps in the official trailer
Demon's Souls will have a 60fps mode Demon's Souls PS5 Remake Lets You Prioritise Visuals or Frame Rate

Of course the article doesn't mention that, because it's speculation. Notice I didn't say there isn't going to be zero 30fps games, I just pointed out there's way more 60fps not listed for some odd reason.

Of course all this is "stupid shyt" because it doesn't fit the narrative some people want to create. Shocking how posting correct info is considered stupid lol. I bet instead of just being like okay you'll prefer to reply angrily about something else unrelated and continue to argue.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is what I was saying in the Spider-Man thread.

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – An update from Insomniac Games

They took Spider-Man on the PS4, upped the resolution, character models and other assets. Basically, they are renovating for the PS5 rather than from the ground up, i.e. a cross gen game that doesn't have a PS4 version. I'm not mad about it but it is disingenuous to say that it not that.
Who said it's built from the ground up? We were responding to you who were trying to insinuate it didn't look very much improved over the last gen game.

Them "renovating" an already beautiful title for next gen isn't disingenuous since no one ever said it was a from the ground up game. That's a strawman.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Who said it's built from the ground up? We were responding to you who were trying to insinuate it didn't look very much improved over the last gen game.

Them "renovating" an already beautiful title for next gen isn't disingenuous since no one ever said it was a from the ground up game. That's a strawman.

Breh, that isn't what I've said.

I've stated that this game was based on PS4 tech. I've criticized the tagline of 'we believe in generations. Like most of these games, they go for the low hanging fruit of next gen differentiators. Stuff easy to implement. So, while it is true that the 4K can't be done on PS4 and a few other things, my point is this. This game is following the path of every other cross gen game only there is no PS4 game. That's my entire point.