The Xbox Series S is starting to sound like a mistake

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I don't know why they didn't just make the Xbox one x the flag ship instead of series s. Seems like the one X is more powerful than the series S. Microsoft is so shook of having egg on there face this gen that they doing to much to make sure that they have all areas covered.

nikka what?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't know why they didn't just make the Xbox one x the flag ship instead of series s. Seems like the one X is more powerful than the series S. Microsoft is so shook of having egg on there face this gen that they doing to much to make sure that they have all areas covered.
The CPU. The GPU is roughly as powerful, but the CPU is still light years ahead of the trash Jaguar CPUs from last gen. You also get the SSD, better RAM. The "mistake", if any, was undercutting the RAM and GPU THAT much. It will probably do what MS claims, but you have to optimize the game properly, which you can't count on most 3rd party studios to do. Exclusives will probably run well.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Why wouldn't you get the absolute best anyway? X series or nothing. Simple. I wouldn't get a mid tier phone..mid tier car...no jumpmans..get it the right way. Thats that.

Daps
They should have just kept making the Xbox One X for two more years shyt is dumb

The One X is good until like 2023 anyway
Yeah. I kinda agree. i could be completely wrong, but i think at least on the Microsoft side this new piece of hardware (X series S orX) is as much about people buying the hardware itself as it is about getting the attention of consumers to get them to buy into the other pre-existing services Microsoft offers in a way that might not be possible (or less possible) if MS just stayed the course for another few years with the Xbox one. It’s a little harder to attract a new audience if you’re only offering old products, which ironically is what I think both sides have been doing to a certain extent with respect to the games and the promise of these old games running better on new hardware.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The CPU. The GPU is roughly as powerful, but the CPU is still light years ahead of the trash Jaguar CPUs from last gen. You also get the SSD, better RAM. The "mistake", if any, was undercutting the RAM and GPU THAT much. It will probably do what MS claims, but you have to optimize the game properly, which you can't count on most 3rd party studios to do. Exclusives will probably run well.
The specs should have been to the point where it did exactly what they said it would do which is deliver the Series X experience at reduced resolutions.

We all know that when it comes to spending more for a specific subset of customers or limiting the scope for everyone and saving money what developers and publishers will choose.

I get that people wanna cheerlead their company of choice but objectively this was a bad idea. It potentially dilutes what everyone will get to accommodate people who let price dictate what they spend. Provided Microsoft at least used the same CPU in both so it can be somewhat mitigated but that doesn't change that being a weak link.

Microsoft has a history of doing this. I remember when they ultimately ended up having to cut off the non-hard drive users because they diluted the customer pool and at first demanded everyone be able to play everything.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The specs should have been to the point where it did exactly what they said it would do which is deliver the Series X experience at reduced resolutions.

We all know that when it comes to spending more for a specific subset of customers or limiting the scope for everyone and saving money what developers and publishers will choose.

I get that people wanna cheerlead their company of choice but objectively this was a bad idea. It potentially dilutes what everyone will get to accommodate people who let price dictate what they spend. Provided Microsoft at least used the same CPU in both so it can be somewhat mitigated but that doesn't change that being a weak link.

Microsoft has a history of doing this. I remember when they ultimately ended up having to cut off the non-hard drive users because they diluted the customer pool and at first demanded everyone be able to play everything.
According to MS, that's what the specs are. For all we know, they're right. Again, I don't think we'll knownfornsure until we see some optimized, mature games. But whatever, I got an X.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Purpose of the series s is options for gamers , in majority of scenarios the series x should scale 2xs more pixels then the series s thats literally the point of the product. The rest of the shyt you blabbering about is just stupid and uninformed

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Purpose of the series s is options for gamers , in majority of scenarios the series x should scale 2xs more pixels then the series s thats literally the point of the product. The rest of the shyt you blabbering about is just stupid and uninformed
It's like he just started posting here and the site he came from didn't discuss this exact topic a million times like everywhere else did