The Xbox Series S is starting to sound like a mistake

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
This is how I know most of y'all only live on message boards. The greatest game I have ever played was played 720p when undocked and 900p when docked, That being the Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild.

The Xbox Series S serves multiple purposes

• $299 price point, it is the ultimate mass market price.
  • It is designed to be a GamePass entry gateway.
I don't even understand the purpose of this thread. Not everyone can afford the top of the line Nvidia or AMD card when they drop, they have to get the mid or the low tier. Not everyone has the same funds but they want to be able to play the same games. That is what everyone dismissing this is missing. If I were to get an XSS for my kids, they wouldn't care as they aren't getting a 4K television from me anytime soon nor do I actually hear them give two shyts about graphics.

I just see people continuously miss the point of Xbox in general. Quick history guide. It is short for Direct Xbox as in Direct X. There is a need for Microsoft to push the power envelope with Xbox in some capacity so that they can keep their cash cow, i.e. Windows front and center so they have to keep up with current technology and in many ways, push the narrative forward so that other companies can follow. That is the reason for Microsoft pushing power now and going forward. Xbox and PC DNA needs to move in lockstep.

Now, for consoles like the XSS, it uses the same technology as the XSX but this as well as the XSX will be positioned totally differently. Look at some of the mobile games that make billions of dollars like Clash of Clans, Clash Royale or Puzzle and Dragons. Microsoft is going to try to get them on Xbox in some capacity. Y'all need to get out of your walled off thought processes and go beyond that. Some people just want to come home, hang out with the family, kick back, play a game of Madden, a round of Call of Duty or something on a streaming service and just call it a night. They don't look to Digital Foundry for the pixel counting.

The business is about easy access to the games. The XSS gets you there quickly, especially when looking at the All Access plans that are present. Ray tracing is the last of most people's concerns when it comes to these devices.
There is NO point, that’s the point. There is no single consistent identity to this brand. It’s just a bunch of schizophrenic executives with too much cash. nikka really said Microsoft needs to push the power envelope when just seven years ago they were pushing “TV! TV! TV!”

And it’s laughable that people pretend that the Xbox One and One X are the same, and that Xbox wasn’t the underpowered console until 4 years into the generation. Xbots would have you believe the One X launched in 2013 and that there was never an inferior 1.31 teraflop box for $499.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Because people buy the Nintendo Switch for comparable reasons to buying high end home consoles like the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Nobody is talking about what sells better anyway were discussing technological limits.

The facts are the Series S becomes the floor now and its clearly weaker than the PS5 or Series X. The longer this generation goes on the more the Series S limits what games can do as the lowest common denominator. By the end of the generation that's gonna be what has limited what new games will be able to do.

Nobody has to be a stan to see or admit any of this.

Because people buy the Nintendo Switch for comparable reasons to buying high end home consoles like the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Nobody is talking about what sells better anyway were discussing technological limits.

The facts are the Series S becomes the floor now and its clearly weaker than the PS5 or Series X. The longer this generation goes on the more the Series S limits what games can do as the lowest common denominator. By the end of the generation that's gonna be what has limited what new games will be able to do.

The XSS is not going to limit anything. Answer your own question, does the fact that DMC doesn't have ray-tracing on the XSS version of the game impact that of the XSX which does? The only mitigating factor between the XSS and the others are the graphics, which can simply be reduced, that is the easiest of worries. Games will be developed for the higher end consoles and then reduced down to fit certain specs so your entire premise is wrong.

Will the Xbox Series S hold back next-gen gaming?

We did a lot of analysis of what it would really mean to run a game at 4K with 60fps and then to scale that down to 1440p at 60fps,” says Jason Ronald, Microsoft’s director of Xbox program management, in an interview with The Verge. “The reality is you don’t need as much memory bandwidth because you’re not loading the highest level MIP levels into memory. You don’t need the same amount of memory as well.”

Microsoft believes developers have a number of ways to build Xbox Series X games for 4K resolutions and then downscale them to 1440p for the Series S. “Developers have a whole host of different techniques, whether that’s changing the resolution of their title, things like dynamic resolution scaling frame to frame — that’s something we’ve seen a lot of adoption of, especially towards the end of this generation,” explains Ronald. “And obviously the ability to enable and display different visual effects, without actually implementing the fundamental gameplay.”

There isn't a need to be concerned with.

flightsimulatorrequisiti.jpg

Would you look at that, between the minimum spec and what is ideal, there is 6GB of VRam difference and 24GB of Ram difference. Last I checked, Flight Simulator still looks photorealistic with all the bells and whistles at the high end. I don't see compromise here.

Get this company rhetoric bullshyt out of here, sound like you got this nonsense from a training DVD

:camby:

If that's all you have, I have to rest my case.

There is NO point, that’s the point. There is no single consistent identity to this brand. It’s just a bunch of schizophrenic executives with too much cash. nikka really said Microsoft needs to push the power envelope when just seven years ago they were pushing “TV! TV! TV!”

And it’s laughable that people pretend that the Xbox One and One X are the same, and that Xbox wasn’t the underpowered console until 4 years into the generation. Xbots would have you believe the One X launched in 2013 and that there was never an inferior 1.31 teraflop box for $499.

They've always had the identity. As of three of four generations that Xbox has been around, their initial offerings were the strongest console in the market place. Don Mattrick is out of the paint and they get 138 billion sitting in the bank to make this thing go.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Leave Court alone, man. He's not here to defend himself.
Lmaaooo :lolbron:

I’m saying, breh, resolution and refresh rates go hand in hand on televisions. The high end ones do better on both, and the low end ones suck on both. So the players that don’t care about 900p but want 120 fps will have to still buy an expensive 120 fps television (granted, I haven’t been in the market for a tv in a while so I don’t know for sure)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I don’t recall any games on xb1x struggling to hit 1080p...and a ton of games ran at 4k.
If I had to choose, I’d go pick up a used Xbox one X for $300 instead of the weaker series S. Games would perform better AND it comes with a 4k blu ray drive.
Oh you think that's how much they going for bruh :sas1:
they brag about having the most powerful console ever and brag about not needing 4k/ray tracing/120fps since not everyone has a 4k or 500 dollars to spend on a next gen console.

is it oochie wally or is it one mic?:scusthov:
It's odd how all of you say this now but when they series s was announced on playstations anniversary ALL OF YOU GUYS IN UNISON SAID HOW THE SERIES S WOULD OUTSELL THE SERIES X, AND HOW YOU WOULD GET A PS5 AND SERIES S. I made a thread on it mocking y'all but whatever :yeshrug:

How are people still asking this question :martin:
All that shyt is false, was created by a forum console developer. He worked on games such as tic tac to and hang man. Not even gonna link it, do your Googles :smh:
That's a matter of perspective. 1X will do better in resolution, XSS will do much better in frame rates.
XSS will do better everything else, including the AI which makes the gameplay in next gen nba 2k21 possible
Ahh, yes, the sizeable demographic with 900p, 120 fps television sets :ehh:
What frame rate does the ps5 version run at?:jbhmm:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Ah yes the arcadium

Where being charged for graphical upgrades and lying to consumers about "believing in generations" is somehow, some way, better business practice than offering consumers cheaper next gen alternatives :blessed:

Last edited:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Interesting all the dumb Sony stans that haven’t even run a successful lemonade stand saying this is a mistake.

newsflash, not all people can’t afford to spend 1K on a new system during a pandemic.

This system will play all the new games and will sell. Budget gamers aren’t worried about 4K/60fps and ray tracing you idiots.

Nintendo switch will outsell all these new systems and only has a fraction of the power.

smh

There's a system that cost 1k or close to it that's about to drop? :dwillhuh:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Where lying to oneself is mandatory :blessed:

Yes because

Being able to play next gen exclusives

Increased BC compatibility across multiple generations

Having a CPU that is 7 years newer than your predecessor

Having an SSD that is almost 40 times faster than your predecessors HDD

Is somehow not next gen
Where being an retarded sony pay pig and making stupid threads is mandatory :blessed:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Yes because

Being able to play next gen exclusives

Increased BC compatibility across multiple generations

Having a CPU that is 7 years newer than your predecessor

Having an SSD that is almost 40 times faster than your predecessors HDD

Is somehow not next gen
Where being an retarded sony pay pig and making stupid threads is mandatory :blessed:
Talkin all that shyt for a console that can’t even perform at the same level as an Xbox One X :blessed:

Blah blah blah SSD blah blah blah RDNA oh but oops, we’re going to be playing last generation’s games at the same level as the Xbox One S, in keeping with the developer’s “original vision”

Blah blah blah, “next gen exclusives like The Gunk” :blessed:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Talkin all that shyt for a console that can’t even perform at the same level as an Xbox One X :blessed:

Blah blah blah SSD blah blah blah RDNA oh but oops, we’re going to be playing last generation’s games at the same level as the Xbox One S, in keeping with the developer’s “original vision”

Blah blah blah, “next gen exclusives like The Gunk” :blessed:

Sure sony slut

The fact that yall have resorted to comparing the ps5 to the SX lite instead of the SX says alot :mjgrin:

Regardless, the SX is still the better hardware, with more storage, more portability, better aesthetics, with more features and a much much better server side support than the ps5

For the same price no doubt lol. I see why you dont bother with the SX comparisons anymore now I think about it:dead:

Whats it like being a brandslore paypig getting their pockets raped breh, do you like it? :mjgrin:

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Sure sony slut

The fact that yall have resorted to comparing the ps5 to the SX lite instead of the SX says alot :mjgrin:

Regardless, the SX is still has better hardware, more storage, more portability, better aesthetics, with more features and a much much better server side support than the ps5

For the same price no doubt lol. I see why you dont bother with the SX comparisons anymore now I think about it:dead:

Whats it like being a brandslore paypig getting their pockets raped breh, do you like it? :mjgrin:
Keep juelzing, friend