"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Eh....

Nah man. Look at the bolded of what you said.

I'm not saying "X-Files" had everything planned out but they made an effort to take disparate pieces and unite them into one story arc.

"Lost" never had the intention of explaining anything. David Fury left after season 1 and basically told people "we just sit in a room and come up with shyt to make fans bug out, it's never going to make any sense". Which is why it ended how it did.

If you end "X-Files" after season 6, which was the original plan, most of the major story arcs are tied up nicely.

Fred.

Here's the quote I was looking for, from the Season 4 episode "Tunguska":
Krycek: The truth, the truth! There's no truth. These men, they make it up as they go along

Pretty sure that's a message to the fans.

I also remember reading that the Scully abduction angle was made up because Gillian Anderson was pregnant and they needed to explain why one of the stars wasn't in every episode.

Edit:
As for Lost, I believe Season 1 was almost totally made up episode by episode. Season 2 had some kind of plan with the Dharma Initiative being the big Sci Fi conspiracy, but then at the end of Season 2 they totally abandoned that plan and flailed around for half a season. Then in the second half of season 3 they actually came up with a longterm plan that worked pretty well for a while, until it fell apart in the last season.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Here's the quote I was looking for, from the Season 4 episode "Tunguska":

Pretty sure that's a message to the fans.

I also remember reading that the Scully abduction angle was made up because Gillian Anderson was pregnant and they needed to explain why one of the stars wasn't in every episode.

Edit:
As for Lost, I believe Season 1 was almost totally made up episode by episode. Season 2 had some kind of plan with the Dharma Initiative being the big Sci Fi conspiracy, but then at the end of Season 2 they totally abandoned that plan and flailed around for half a season. Then in the second half of season 3 they actually came up with a longterm plan that worked pretty well for a while, until it fell apart in the last season.

We're talking about two different things breh.

There's not been a show in history (as far as I know) where the entire thing was mapped out from day 1. So essentially everyone "makes it up as they go along".

Chris Carter attempted to bring things to a close in season 6, because it was supposed to be the end. And he mostly succeeded in tying things up.

"Lost" never planned on paying off 90% of the plot points in the show. Hell, they mostly never even attempted to.

So to say the entire series is "The OG 'Lost'" doesn't make much sense because fans were content with the answers given up to season 6. Now, if you're talking about "X-Files" seasons 7-9, I agree.

Lastly, even with seasons 7-9 the ending of "X-Files" wasn't as poorly received as "Lost". "X-Files" it was mostly disappointment.

Fred.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Childhood coming back with that NAPALM:ohlawd:

...wait, Cigarette Man got engulfed in the end, tho:lupe:

X-Files returning with all their 0G 666 conspiracies on a hundred, thousand, trillion:lawd:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
The X-Files - Fox Confirms 'Complete' Blu-ray Release; Provides Package Art

Fox's 'Connect' program for consumers verifies date, gives description and pricing and a box image

Posted by David Lambert 10/06/2015

We passed along word a week ago that the Canadian branch of Amazon was showing pre-order listings for high-def Blu-ray Disc versions of a Complete Series set of The X-Files, along with individual season sets in BD format as well. Fox hadn't formally announced these items to the press/media at the time...and as of this writing, they still haven't done so.

But the studio has now publicly shared information with consumers about "The X-Files - Collector's Box Set: The Original Seasons 1-9" on Blu-ray, confirming that it's coming on December 8th. The price for this item is $299.00 SRP, and below is the studio description and package art. Our thanks to longtime reader (and good friend!) Wesley Mead for the heads-up about those. Between the on-box title saying "The Original Seasons 1-9" and the studio description, it seems plain now that this set probably does NOT contain the two theatrical films. We're still waiting on an official press release from Fox Home Entertainment with all the details!

Now for the first time, all nine exhilarating, groundbreaking seasons of The X-Files, along with special features, can be yours to own on Blu-ray! Although they began as reluctant partners, FBI special agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully (Golden Globe winners David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) ultimately form a powerful bond as they struggle to unravel deadly conspiracies and solve paranormal mysteries.

Blu-ray Collector's Boxset contains full seasons 1 - 9.

XFiles_CompleteSeriesCollectorsSet_BLU.jpg

Link: The X-Files DVD news: Announcement for Collector's Box Set: The Original Seasons 1-9 | TVShowsOnDVD.com
"

• Dap
Reactions: hex

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Honestly if this is good I hope they do more. There's SO much material in a post 9/11 world that could be great on this show. It already looks like they'll be dealing with drones and an increased lack of privacy in the world. 6 episodes doesn't feel like enough, assuming it's done well.

Did Vince Gilligan do any writing on this?

Also, from the trailer I really like that it won't just be a monster of the week thing for 6 weeks. I heard it might, but the trailer makes it look like there's still government conspiracy involving aliens going on, which was always my favorite aspect of the show. I may be one of the few people that for the most part enjoyed the mythology episodes (for the first 5-6 seasons at least) more than the monster of the week episodes.