The world needs an African Game of Thrones

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
I posted this article because I like the premise that we need our own epic fantasy book/TV series like Game of Thrones.

But, I would like the series to be more in vain with the HBO series Rome. Where they use a historical backdrop and use fictional characters within that timespace.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Theres a great deal of rich history to draw inspiration from too....the Moors, the Egyptians, the Nubians, the Malians, Zulus, Great Zimbabwe, the Nok, the Yoruba and Igbos, Punt, Kanem Bornu, Songhai, the Axumites. You could even toss a Hannibal like figure in there. There's a lot of history to draw from.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Theres a great deal of rich history to draw inspiration from too....the Moors, the Egyptians, the Nubians, the Malians, Zulus, Great Zimbabwe, the Nok, the Yoruba and Igbos, Punt, Kanem Bornu, Songhai, the Axumites. You could even toss a Hannibal like figure in there. There's a lot of history to draw from.
you talkin' about the moops..?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
  • I completely agree. But the thing is, we keep supporting stereotypical trash like Empire and Power yet wonder why the only black shows that get made are in the vein of Empire and Power.
To be honest, I don't speak for all black people but it seems that the black tv watching audience doesn't find the high fantasy shyt interesting, we would rather fantasize about being a "baller" with a gangster past.. I don't know if that is a bad thing tho, its just what we would rather watch.. Even if it took place in ancient Egypt I don't see it being the big hit for us that empire is

:patrice: "Power" isn't good? I was thinking about getting into that show tonight.

Power is dope especially compared to empire, but I will say its basic storyline and its kind of a grown up cable version of empire it just focuses on gangster shyt instead of ratchet fukkery...

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms could be it, but...

61azVS8%2BhmL.jpg

...You have to get everyday black folk to take an interest in such, not just the geeks/nerds.

EXACTLY.

iTs all about the marketing.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I completely agree. But the thing is, we keep supporting stereotypical trash like Empire and Power yet wonder why the only black shows that get made are in the vein of Empire and Power.

Why can't we like both? I mean, black people watch Game of Thrones and Empire. Only in a white man's world do we have to pick one or the other.