The Wood is a CLASSIC, and Stacey is a goat character

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Lil nikka got heart doe.. Beat his ass tha otha day an' he took it like a G :pachaha: Him, Sam Monroe and Tyrin Turner always downplayed where they got they characters from, but them three nikkas didn't need research 'cause they never looked like they was bullshyttin

Last edited:

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I saw The Wood at the Galleria in Atlanta GA 1st night and man...there's nuthin like a crowd full of bros and sistas laughin at the same jokes all at the same time...Not to mention the commentary you hear in between time...personal classic from start to finish :salute: Roland:Lisa, baby I love you..Slim:nikka shutup!!!

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
stacepls.png

stacscold.png

stacwtf.png

stacsmug.png
<------------------------------- I tried my best with this one :manny:
@3Rivers blessed us.
:staceywtf:
:staceypls:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Yo isn't that dude the guy that played Worm from Coach Carter. The one that was crying

Funny shyt is he played a teen in Sunset Park and in Coach Carter :dead:

thats like a ten year gap
shyt, both these nikkas was in Sunset Park as my nikkas Busy Bee and Drano. :ohhh: Now that I think about it, Malinda Williams was in that shyt too. Plus they had a young Luscious Lyon when he was still wild in them streets and couldn't be controlled.

This was basically the time when a lot of black movies were being made, they were of pretty solid quality, and they were all pulling from the same talent pool. Morris Chestnut, Omar Epps, Taye Diggs, Gabriel Union and Sanaa Lathan were eating real good back then, relatively speaking of course. Every major release with a majority black cast was guaranteed to have at least 2 of them back then. I miss those days:mjcry:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Yeah the present day scenes couldve been better...i thought it was odd they didnt explore tay diggs charactor and the relationship with his ex (where he was at drunk in the beginning) as youngins. Maybe they were saving it for a sequel that never happened
I thought the present day scenes were just right. It was a good juxtaposition of the stability they now had as adults and their one day of fukkery to the constant fukkery you get into as teenagers coming up.

And you said it yourself, once you at the point in your own life where you been both versions of the characters, the wind at your back teenagers, and the grown ass man with adult problems, then those scenes REALLY hit home now.

Every time one of my childhood boys got married it was like a reenactment of this movie. Somehow we get into some ignant shyt that would have never happened if we weren't all together, then nikkas get to reminiscing and telling stories, then we gotta get back to the reality of our grownn man shyt, like Roland marrying Lisa or Mike trying to see whats up with Alicia as adults. I think that's why this movie resonates so well with us. It comes from a very real place. Hell, it's better to me now than it was when I was a senior in high school when it dropped, cause now I really understand both versions of their characters.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:lupe: I've only seen this movie once & that was a decade ago or almost a decade ago. I need to rewatch it.

I can't be the only person who has often confuses this movie with "The Best Man".