The Wire: Randy Is The New Marlo

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the problems in here is that ya'll are making the character comparisons black and white when the characters (and life for that matter) are anything but

Pesci

Architect
Daps
One of the problems in here is that ya'll are making the character comparisons black and white when the characters (and life for that matter) are anything but
Who is making things "black and white"? It's just people's interpretations of how the show went and how the characters might develop afterward. Not everyone agrees.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh every "kingpin" is a knucklehead street soldier to begin with. Being around those kinds of dudes myself, it's always guys who were their peers who could share stories of how clueless reckless and dumb this guy was.

My thinking was that from the point they killed wallace and bodie took command of the towers they were on they way up.

And let's be honest, bodie just taking marlo package is a very unrealistic scenario. I've never seen any small timer get bullied into taking a package. They normally willing to go to war for they corner. But in reality a dude in marlo position wouldn't even try to take bodie little corner. Honestly since marlo eventually begun working with prop Joe , them all working together peacefully is more realistic. But it was clear the writers were content with killing bodie off the show and doing it the other way makes it harder to do that. They wanted him to die a certain way.

Bodie at that point on the show was reduced to being a corner hustler. He had no muscle to even start a war with marlo over that lil area he set shop at. Marlo was actually being generous over that shyt. He could of just killed that nikka off gp, especially after fruits death. Thats why marlo told him to sell his package or gracefully back off.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
Marlo wasn't a sadistic killer. Remember when lex kills marlo's soldier over the female? Snoop was on some "lets shoot everybody up" type shyt. Marlo was like "chill, don't start drama where there doesn't need to be drama" those aren't the words of a sadistic killer.

You can tell from marlo's whole demeanor he was a former soft kid with something to prove. He takes his reputation way too seriously. And from the start you can tell hes all in it for the power. He doesn't want the cash or the violence. He just wants the crown and he makes that clear till his very last scene.

Randy is the new marlo.
Mike is the new omar

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
I've always said Randy is the new Marlo. His environment changed him into a whole new person. It happens all the time in movies, shows, and in real life. Even on the show they made sure you wouldn't be able to predict these kid's futures until the end, when they revealed it. (Example : Out of all the kids, nobody expected Namond to be the one to get off the streets:skip: dude's father was Wee-Bey and his mother was determined to make him the next Kingpin or major player :heh:)

Yes Randy had a hustler's mindstate like Prop Joe but that's his great uncle, he's family, of course he's gonna have some of his qualities. In Randy's last scene, he was not the same person, he was not that same kid he once was obviously. He was acting like Marlo Stanfield, not Prop Joe. Prop Joe was not a fighter, nor was he the confrontational type. Also Prop Joe knows his family and he did not grow up in a group home, nor was he in foster care. Randy does not know his family. They never mentioned Marlo's family or backround either so that's another similarity they have. Prop Joe didn't care about his reputation, he just wanted to make money and stay lowkey. Marlo and Randy are obsessed with they're reputation.

Kenard = Bird, Snoop, Wee-Bey

Bird and Snoop like Kenard were very disrespectful and were hot heads. Not to mention stone cold killers.

Wee- Bey was on the corners wit Avon and Stringer when he was a kid like Kenard was wit Mike and them.

One of only things, Marlo seemed to care about were pigeons. He actually took care of them and admired them. This nikka Kenard was setting pigeons on fire:bryan:One of the reasons he's def not Marlo.

I remember Randy taking a liking into in pigeons like Marlo tho:sas1::sas2:

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
I was kinda shocked that bodie got killed because I always thought him and poot were the next up to take over.

But slim Charles was the next marlo. Except he was going to run it more like barksdale did. Slim was the equilibrium of stringer/avon and chris/marlo. He would likely be the lone king pen with the spirit of them all if the show continued on.

you missed the main message from the show if you believe those things.

this clip right here, pretty much explains everything :wow:

Bodie and Poot were pawns

Slim Charles is the smart ass pawn that becomes queen

Daps
if they did a Wire: Next Generation where all these questions would be answered, would ya'll enjoy that you think?
Yeah I think it would be dope. Would be cool if they solely focused on that and the police investigation into whoever has the power at the time ala season 1. All the extra political storylines wouldn't be needed.
id rather see a prequel than a sequel

marlos come up
avons come up
That would mean new actors for a Barksdale story, don't know how i feel about that :ehh:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I think it would be dope. Would be cool if they solely focused on that and the police investigation into whoever has the power at the time ala season 1. All the extra political storylines wouldn't be needed.

That would mean new actors for a Barksdale story, don't know how i feel about that :ehh:
yeah i mean im assuming it was well done :skip:

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
people have this misconception that snitches get stitches just because they heard their favorite rapper say it. there's snitches walking the streets in 2015 but no one will call them out because they're too shook or scared to. I see people calling nikkas snitches all the time but they'll tell everyone BUT that nikka. p*ssy/pointless shyt.

a little off topic..but a snitch (as a kid) becoming a boss of the streets is not far fetched

...or this happens. Rarely does a reputation recover, that's why you guard it with your life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson_murder_case

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Slim Charles ain't no Marlo :mjlol:

Marlo tried to give him a promotion when he took over the co-op & Silm Charles words was 'i ain't cut out to be the CEO'

Slim charles knew his role & that was muscle with good advice, nothing more.