The Wii U Thread

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
This probably doesn't deserve its own thread so I'm posting it here. Why are people so excited about these Amiibo figures? I'm a tech geek but even I don't see the appeal in buying a miniature video game character statue.
same feeling here. If it doesnt come packaged with a game I know I will likely never own one.

teacher

All Star
Daps
This probably doesn't deserve its own thread so I'm posting it here. Why are people so excited about these Amiibo figures? I'm a tech geek but even I don't see the appeal in buying a miniature video game character statue.

not really excited but I know I'm copping Mario and link because I'm. A fan of the characters, and any other characters I'm a fan of :yeshrug:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Think I'm copping Walmart's MK8 + Nintendo land bundle next month to get set for Smash 4. I hope I don't regret it.

then you probably shouldn't get it if you feel there is a chance to regret it. Nintendo has been around since the 80's you should know what you are getting by now...If Nintendo franchises aren't enough then forget it IMO

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'ma get the NSMB/LU bundle this Christmas and try to get Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Smash, and 3D World with it along with a pro controller

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
same feeling here. If it doesnt come packaged with a game I know I will likely never own one.

not really excited but I know I'm copping Mario and link because I'm. A fan of the characters, and any other characters I'm a fan of :yeshrug:

I could be completely wrong so don't quote me but I had the same question and from what I was able to gather for instance the Mario one will include super Mario bros for vc...so u buy the toy and get a game or for those that already have it the code adds money for virtual console games and dlc. Link comes with zelda...I read it as for someone who is buying wiiu for their kids gets a classic they Will remember but also say if you have the link toy and smash...I think the toys have nfc near field communication so by pairing the toy with the game pad you could get alternate costumes for link on smash. Whether that and other things will be exclusive to the toys or available later as dlc is up to Nintendo but the potential has a lot to offer. For instance in the new zelda, if you have the toy and pair it with the pad and from the jump get the world map or a cool sword...Instead of paying 5-10 dollars, you will have spent that and got the toy plus extras for being a loyal customer.

I might have read that using a Mario toy on Zelda would have perks and vice versa, therefore you'd want to continue to buy other ones. In fact I know I read somewhere about the toy comes with a vc game because I want to say they used wario or the dude from kid icarus or some shyt.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I expect those Amiibo figurines to sell well brehs. You'd be surprised at how many people collect stuff like that and that fact that you can use them with games too means Nintendo will be banking with those. They're not really my type of thing but I can see the appeal.

Daps
BwdnYR-IMAAGFhv.jpg

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I'm REALLY hoping Xenoblade Chronicles X has a February release date. I need this game brehs. I've probably watched each of those Nintendo E3 Treehouse demos 10 times by now.

edit: I just saw the chart :to: Why do they keep delaying this game?

Last edited:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
im getting(for sure, tho likely not on drop date)
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Captain Toad
Bayonetta 2
Splatoon
Zelda

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm getting

Smash