The Wii U Thread

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I played Mario Kart 8 with my girl last night. She doesn't even game. We had a lot of fun.

:wow:

I forgot how good Nintendo is at making a fun game. Not pushing graphics, or media hype but just straight easy to understand fun games.

The crazy thing is that graphically this looks a lot cleaner than some of these aaa games. Some people tend to think realism = good graphics but that's not the truth all the time.

Jigg

Pro
Supporter
Daps
How yall feel about Monster Hunter?

I know absolutely nothing about it since I havent played the series but the gameplay lookin kinda fresh :patrice:

tryna see how other people feel about it before I go in and grab it though

Daps

I know absolutely nothing about it since I havent played the series but the gameplay lookin kinda fresh :patrice:

I have tried multiple Monster Hunter games and thought they were all boring. There is a demo on the eShop so try it yourself.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
back on that Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze:wow:

these bosses are beating my ass tho:dead:

that underwater boss left me like:sadcam: man I HATE underwater levels in ANY game but they didnt have to do a player like that and put a boss UNDERWATER:damn:

i beat his ass tho:youngsabo: Dixie Kong my lil homie:banderas: she comes through in the clutch so much. Diddy's cool too. I dont mess with Cranky like that so far.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA

You have to like that kind of game. Grinding, killing a monster over and over again to get certain loot to get materials to craft a better weapon to hunt a better monster.

Co-op seems dope but I dont think it's split screen.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
:damn: I can't think of 3 games I want but I know I want to get Mario 3D world again..when does that Target deal end??

also post yall NNIDs if y'all just now got the system so I can add you.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I have tried multiple Monster Hunter games and thought they were all boring. There is a demo on the eShop so try it yourself.

The demo didn't do it for me. I was looking for a game I could really sink my teeth into, or my time. If you like little 10-20 games with beginning middle and end, this aint for you. I read every post about this game on this forum talking about 100+ hrs and still having fun so I went to a local game shop and picked it up, best 25 bucks I've ever spent.

The demo was weak to me but it gives you a taste, playing online with cats from here is fun too

Seth Brundle

Sick with it
Daps
Monster Hunter in many ways is what you make it. I struggle against a certain monster, so I refocus for a while on building a better resource base in the village, and maybe getting better armour for the fight. Or shift directions by focussing on getting a new weapon. Or find a quest I really enjoyed, or just farm any quest intensively if it gives out good resources. Particularly online, since multi is great fun.

I've been gaming for more than 25 years. It's a game that is much more than the sum of its parts. The gameplay itself is fairly unforgiving, though. Definitely has its own unique logic. I like that, though.

Not life changing, but definitely unique. I'm at 150+ hours. It's compulsive more than its compulsory. But something about it works, once it clicks.

Last edited: