The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
But Dudman also needed a lot of Trollocs. “If you're making, say 20, how do you make it look as though you've created 40 or 50?” he asked. “And the answer is: They've all got horns. One of the things we decided early on is, they all have a variety of horn shapes. So if all those horns attach magnetically, and every single horn can swap with another horn on a different head, and they can also have two or three ways of putting them on, then you actually end up with 30 different silhouettes of creature for no extra money.”

In the end, Mike Weber told me, the Trollocs looked so good on camera that a whole tranche of their budget that had been slated for VFX, to make the monsters look real, was saved for something else. And this is how you make a show like The Wheel of Time

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
amazon-wheel-of-time-gq-november-2021-06.jpg
Behind the scenes, the show's artisans are responsible for a dizzying array of small details. The production employs an armorer, who is also a jeweler, equipped with a 3D printer.
“Your life isn't going to be what you thought,” Pike once again intoned, this time onscreen, as the ruined remnants of the Two Rivers set smoldered behind her. It was July now, nearly two years later, and Judkins was still fine-tuning the show's first episode, scheduled to premiere in November. Pilots are notoriously hard. The first episode of Thrones famously cost $10 million and had to be entirely reshot. The pilot needs to establish the look and feel of the show. You have to introduce the main characters, who they are and where they come from. In fantasy, you have to give a sense of the rules too: Is there magic? What kind of magic? And you can't forget, while doing all this exposition and groundwork, to make something people actually might want to watch. When Judkins asked David Benioff and Dan Weiss, the creators of Game of Thrones, for advice, they'd told him: “Just do what you're going to do. You know what this is. You have to believe in it. These kinds of things have to have an extraordinary clarity of vision to work

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
All they needed now was a writer and an idea. Enter Judkins, at the time a veteran of series television like Chuck and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. “He'd already read the material,” Weber told me. “And he had this incredible presentation.” Judkins proposed emphasizing the most progressive elements of the books—their female characters, however shakily drawn; their many nations and many races; their modern, skeptical view of how power is wielded between the sexes—and building a series from there. The show, in Judkins's version, would be a corrective to the hypermasculine world of Thrones, with its casual presentation of bare breasts and ruthless treatment of its female characters. “Even the great women in Game of Thrones, Cersei Lannister, First of Her Name,” Judkins said, “they're the exception to the rule. And in this show they're not.”

I knew it. :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I knew it. :snoop:

I mean I expected this to be a foregone conclusion the moment it was announced that Moiraine was the main character and they cast an actress on the level of Rosamund Pike.

The novels themselves are deceptively female centric. I don’t really have much of an issue with it as long as by seasons 3-4 it becomes Rand centric

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I mean I expected this to be a foregone conclusion the moment it was announced that Moiraine was the main character and they cast an actress on the level of Rosamund Pike.

The novels themselves are deceptively female centric. I don’t really have much of an issue with it as long as by seasons 3-4 it becomes Rand centric

Plus with the way the books are setup, switching between perspectives between 30-40 characters, making one character the main focus was a must. Moraine makes the most sense since...at least for early seasons...plus it allows for it to be shown how everyone views Aes Sedai, and the One Power.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

Season 3-4? By book two Rand took control of shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Season 3-4? By book two Rand took control of shyt.

Yea I know i’m just going by what the showrunner said. It kind of confused me because I wasn’t expecting material from
Books 3-4 to be covered until SEASONS 3 or 4. I mean book 2 can take up an entire season in itself and the fact that Elayne isn’t even going to be on the show until Season 2 it just seems weird.

I just hope hope HOPE they are not going to Shannara Chronicles this shyt and rape the books that its based on. Terry Brooks deserved better