The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Glad to see the Logain teaser, absolutely a favorite of mine but the recasting of Matrim still has me worried. That's a core character, it's not like GoT recasting The Mountain. It would actually be worse if Barney was actually good at channeling the character, especially since they started on S2 over a month ago. So all that might have to be reshoot territory?

Not fukking good. :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Glad to see the Logain teaser, absolutely a favorite of mine but the recasting of Matrim still has me worried. That's a core character, it's not like GoT recasting The Mountain. It would actually be worse if Barney was actually good at channeling the character, especially since they started on S2 over a month ago. So all that might have to be reshoot territory?

Not fukking good. :snoop:

I just hope its not a Chadwick Boseman situation where dude is deathly ill or some shyt

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The OP looks trash in motion, I knew that would be one of the hardest aspects to get down in the show.

There’s only so much you can do to show the OP as if I remember correctly in the novels nobody but those who can channel can see the weaves. So its not something Robert Jordan went into depth about detailing (and he was an EXTREMELY detailed writer)

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Glad to see they didn’t punk out Logain. He’s a BEAST in the books although this particular teaser doesn’t really showcase his arrogance but focuses on his strength.
He is, but I hope they don’t focus too much on him like he is one of the main characters. IMO it’s like this, this is Rands show first and foremost, followed by Egwaine, Matt and Perin, then Nanaive and LANs relationship, followed by Moraine/Tom prolly followed by Logaine shrug

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He is, but I hope they don’t focus too much on him like he is one of the main characters. IMO it’s like this, this is Rands show first and foremost, followed by Egwaine, Matt and Perin, then Nanaive and LANs relationship, followed by Moraine/Tom prolly followed by Logaine shrug

Well the fact that Moraine’s character is such a well known actress AND the official synopsis highlights Moraine, i’m guessing at least the first three seasons will heavily lean towards her being the lead. Then Rand, Egwene, Mat, Perrin and so on and so forth.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Well the fact that Moraine’s character is such a well known actress AND the official synopsis highlights Moraine, i’m guessing at least the first three seasons will heavily lean towards her being the lead. Then Rand, Egwene, Mat, Perrin and so on and so forth.
That’s what I’m thinking, too, and anytime I can get more of something I love I will take it, no matter how much I might have done it different. I truly believe that how well written Rands character is, it was RoJo’s full intention for this to be easily recognized as The wheel of Rand. I usually find a way to hate on the main protagonist in high profile series, but everything Ran goes through, he is clearly the ONE!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That’s what I’m thinking, too, and anytime I can get more of something I love I will take it, no matter how much I might have done it different. I truly believe that how well written Rands character is, it was RoJo’s full intention for this to be easily recognized as The wheel of Rand. I usually find a way to hate on the main protagonist in high profile series, but everything Ran goes through, he is clearly the ONE!

:russ:

I agree though. Rand is one of the most complex main characters in all of fantasy. He’s the prototype for all the stress and shyt that “the chosen one” has to go through. Dude’s arc is really a study on the effects of PTSD and hopefully the series doesn’t p*ssy foot around that.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
There’s only so much you can do to show the OP as if I remember correctly in the novels nobody but those who can channel can see the weaves. So its not something Robert Jordan went into depth about detailing (and he was an EXTREMELY detailed writer)

Absolutely it isn’t an easy thing to translate to screen I don’t blame them it just doesn’t look good graphically from the little I have seen. Key word being the little I have seen, so there is still hope.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
amazon-wheel-of-time-gq-november-2021-lede.jpg
To create the world inhabited by the show’s vast collection of characters— including the fanatical Whitecloaks— Amazon spent millions of dollars erecting enormous sets outside Prague.

As legend has it, a few years back, Jeff Bezos demanded that his team at Amazon Studios create a fantasy epic that would put Game of Thrones to shame
. Turns out, that kind of thing is even harder to do than it sounds. And more expensive than you can imagine. Inside the epic quest to bring Wheel of Time to life—and maybe change the face of global television forever.
Not long ago, this quarry, 40 kilometers outside Prague, held a carefully built fake town called the Two Rivers. Then, a few days back, the producers and set dressers of Amazon's The Wheel of Time burned it down. The town's inn, an intricately rendered two-story building, is now blackened, its left side plunged into spiky rubble: Smoke machines give the impression that it is still smoldering. There are holes in roofs, artfully destroyed beams. Every house—interior and exterior—has been charred enough so that it shows on camera. The actors who wander the Two Rivers are made up to match. Rosamund Pike, who starred in Gone Girl, is smudged with soot. Rain has begun to come down in earnest, pooling in the muddy streets and making the extras and the stuntmen shiver. Michael McElhatton, who played Roose Bolton on Game of Thrones and is playing a character called Tam al'Thor on The Wheel of Time, sits on a stump in the middle of it all in a big down jacket, staring at nothing in particular

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It's November 2019, and the production—comprising hundreds of, and on some days nearly a thousand, people—is filming the end of the first episode of what everyone hopes will be a television show that runs for, well: six seasons? Eight? A show that will be as epic and sensational and ubiquitous as Game of Thrones once was. On one side of the green, a camera sits on a long dolly track; another camera operator stalks the scene, taking various close-ups. The episode's veteran television director, Uta Briesewitz, is arranging four of the show's main cast of relatively unknown young actors in a moment of reckoning: Pike's character, a woman with mysterious powers, has arrived to awaken them and set them on their way. “Your life isn't going to be what you thought,” Pike intones, as various cameras circle her. Pike runs through her speech, which is heavy with exposition for both the characters and the audience, a few times. “Can I do one more?” she asks Briesewitz, while apologizing to the extras scattered about. “I think that one got a bit phony.”

Finally, Briesewitz calls “cut.” Pike retreats from the weather into a nearby tent. “It's not like working with David Fincher,” she says to me, referring to the Gone Girl director's penchant for shooting 70 takes of a scene. The production is huge and moving at warp speed. Pike has to know things backward and forward. She has to get her lines out as dozens of crew members and background actors get soaked in the cold rain and actual living horses wander around while makeup women with transparent plastic bags dart in and out to touch up extras and guys with smoke canisters paddle mist into the edges of shots. This set they're on—not just a few hollow façades set up to create the impression of reality, but real buildings, in every direction—is giant, immersive, and won't last past this episode